• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fulmics Rom for D856/7/858HK ( Unofficial ) (working)

Search This thread

kostas-k

Jun 21, 2007
thanks to @kostas-k everything should be fixed now, official dual sim support will come in next version.

It's my pleasure to help developers make our phones better. Everything is fixed in D858HK, not a little bug exists and runs very smooth.

@xpirt you made an excellent rom, I think that the time we spent developing/testing worths it

If you need any help on porting other version of Android I'm here to help.

"Posted from LG G3 Dual SIM D858HK"

Reactions: shinaeo and xpirt

silentdrum

Apr 14, 2005
@kostas-k , just wonder if you have a flashable zip of the latest twrp recoveries for D858HK? Previously i manage to root and install recoveries in marshmallow using some modded autorec, its working but stuck with ver 2.8

Currently plan to update the twrp recoveries. Been looking around but not sure which one is the correct one.

Would be best if you able to share a flashable zip, else is the below correct link to get the recoveries -> by dadi11:

https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android/Dadi11/TWRP/TWRP-16-09-05/

filesname:
twrp_3.0.2-0_d856_16-09-05.img

appreciate the help and verification.
by the way i'm running fulmics 6.5 now

kostas-k

Jun 21, 2007
@kostas-k , just wonder if you have a flashable zip of the latest twrp recoveries for D858HK? Previously i manage to root and install recoveries in marshmallow using some modded autorec, its working but stuck with ver 2.8

Currently plan to update the twrp recoveries. Been looking around but not sure which one is the correct one.

Would be best if you able to share a flashable zip, else is the below correct link to get the recoveries -> by dadi11:

https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android/Dadi11/TWRP/TWRP-16-09-05/

filesname:
twrp_3.0.2-0_d856_16-09-05.img

appreciate the help and verification.
by the way i'm running fulmics 6.5 now

Hello my friend,
i have TWRP 3.0.2.0 for D856 as you state, it's working like a charm and I think i updated through Flashify. Fulmics 6.5 also works ok, does it to you?

can you check if you can change Data from SIM1 to SIM2?

Reactions: silentdrum

silentdrum

Apr 14, 2005
Hello my friend,
i have TWRP 3.0.2.0 for D856 as you state, it's working like a charm and I think i updated through Flashify. Fulmics 6.5 also works ok, does it to you?
show
can you check if you can change Data from SIM1 to SIM2?
thanks for the quick response... i will try to flash the recovery using flashify then.

as for the test, i'm having 2 sim card , but my second sim card telco does not have data. hence i'm unable to test hot swap.
anyway, i think the issue do exist. i manually put in my data sim card into second sim slot (Only data sim card in second sim slot, first sim slot with 4g are blank without sim card);
with this config, i was unable to "activate the sim" sim slot2
basically with primary sim slot empty and second sim slot occupied, i'm unable to use the phone to call out or online;
the dual sim menu shows: first sim slot are grey out , 2nd sim slot show "Now deactivate" , tried click many times to activate it .. but still back to the same deactivated status. and signal bar show no signal.

note:
1) this test was done after flashing a patch "Fulmics6.5_Dual_SIM_4G_D858HK.zip" which posted by a user in fulmic threads. [guess better revert back use orignal fulmics; but didn't have time to flash all over again. :( ]
2) things works perfect with both sim slot occupied.
3) by the way, there is no call logs issue for me. my call log was able to contact names.

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Feb 19, 2013
thanks for the quick response... i will try to flash the recovery using flashify then.

as for the test, i'm having 2 sim card , but my second sim card telco does not have data. hence i'm unable to test hot swap.
anyway, i think the issue do exist. i manually put in my data sim card into second sim slot (Only data sim card in second sim slot, first sim slot with 4g are blank without sim card);
with this config, i was unable to "activate the sim" sim slot2
basically with primary sim slot empty and second sim slot occupied, i'm unable to use the phone to call out or online;
the dual sim menu shows: 1 sim slot are grey out , 2nd sim slot show "Now deactivate" , tried click many times to activate it .. but still back to the same deactivated status. and signal bar show no signal.

note:
1) this test was done after flashing a patch "Fulmics6.5_Dual_SIM_4G_D858HK.zip" which posted by a user in fulmic threads. [guess better revert back use orignal fulmics; but didn't have time to flash all over again. :( ]
2) things works perfect with both sim slot occupied.
3) by the way, there is no call logs issue for me. my call log was able to contact names.
fix has been added in HUB if you need. though you need to be on clean 6.5 (without flashing Fulmics6.5_Dual_SIM_4G_D858HK.zip as it breaks some things)

Reactions: silentdrum

kostas-k

Jun 21, 2007
Hello, I've also installed Fulmics rom v6.5 for D858 HK and having problem with switching data from sim1 to sim2, only way to activate data usage to sim2 is to disable in settings slot 1 for sim 1 card, that way only works for me but you lose dual sim capability.

Sent from my LG-D858HK using XDA Free mobile app

Check Fulmics HUB for a patch for sim2 data fix, tested a patch from @xpirt now and seems working

Saw that it has been answered already.....

Last edited:

silentdrum

Apr 14, 2005
by the way, a quick one.... is there a way to enable led lights when charging ? or issit a bug... led noti lights was perma off when charging... been searching around in fulmics tweak but unable to locate out .. :p

by the way, a quick one.... is there a way to enable led lights when charging ? or issit a bug... led noti lights was perma off when charging... been searching around in fulmics tweak but unable to locate out .. :p
issue solve.... led lights was off due to the screen is on ... silly me ...

Last edited:
Check Fulmics HUB for a patch for sim2 data fix, tested a patch from @xpirt now and seems working

Saw that it has been answered already.....
I have installed Fulmics 6.5 on my d858hk variant. Immediately I noticed the issue with the dual sim not working, so I flashed also the fix found in Fulmics Hub. After this flash I still have the issue, the second sim activation button is grayed out and I cannot manage the second sim to work.
I also have tried to swap my 2 sim and the issue is the same.
In which way I can help the developer to troubleshoot this issue?

Many thanks for you support and for the awesome Rom.

Sent from my LG-D858 using Tapatalk

kostas-k

Jun 21, 2007
I have installed Fulmics 6.5 on my d858hk variant. Immediately I noticed the issue with the dual sim not working, so I flashed also the fix found in Fulmics Hub. After this flash I still have the issue, the second sim activation button is grayed out and I cannot manage the second sim to work.
I also have tried to swap my 2 sim and the issue is the same.
In which way I can help the developer to troubleshoot this issue?

Many thanks for you support and for the awesome Rom.

In my D858HK SIM2 data works ok with this patch, a small bug that exists is that i must turn Airplane mode on and then off, in order to switch to 4G/LTE on SIM2. The same happens when switching back to SIM1, accepted by me, the purpose of that patch (unlocking 4G/LTE on SIM2) is working, bug is minor

In my D858HK SIM2 data works ok with this patch, a small bug that exists is that i must turn Airplane mode on and then off, in order to switch to 4G/LTE on SIM2. The same happens when switching back to SIM1, accepted by me, the purpose of that patch (unlocking 4G/LTE on SIM2) is working, bug is minor
Thanks for the response but my problem is that I am completely unable to switch on the slider in order to activate the second sim. As you can see in the screenshot

ac4f74adc81b9d9db60c5c31f6066711.jpg

Of course the second sim is in the slot and it works if I put the same sim in the first slot...
Anyone knows if there is a solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI All D856/7/8HK Users.

1st of all, I played a bit with fulmics ROM from last 2-3 months. and patched it to work with our Dual Sim Version Devices. Thanks to @xprit for the best ROM on xDA.

I am not the owner of Fulmics ROM but only Mod developer who develops mod so that we can enjoy this ROM for our devices.

Instructions:
    1) Download Fulmics Rom 5.1 from original Thread of Fumics Rom
    2) Download Fulmics 5.2-5.3 OTA from download page on Fulmics Website
    3) Download Sim Mod
    4) Download Modem for D858HK

How to Install:
    1) Put downloaded Fulmics Rom on your SD card ( do not put it into phone memory)
    2) Put Downloaded files (moden + sim) into same folder.
    3) go to recovery (TWRP) and backup, System, Boot, EFS and MODEM.
    4) wipe Data and Cache
    5) Install Fulmics Rom, it will redirect to Aroma installer and select D855 International Model.
    6) once installation completed, uncheck reboot and come back to recovery and Restore Boot and Modem and Reboot.
    7) once everything completed, (Phone boots up), go to recovery again and Install DUAL SIM MOD to get your signals and dual sim capabilities and flash Modem file with the link provided above.
    8 ) Flash Fulmics 5.2-5.3 OTA and reboot your phone and you got Fulmics ROM on your D856/7/8HK.

Hit Thanks :)
    if you can upload modem and boot from your variant, I can add official support for it if you want.
    thanks to @kostas-k everything should be fixed now, official dual sim support will come in next version.
    I need some testers which have patience to test and install full roms and patches for any of dual sim variants..
    Boot and Modem

if you can upload modem and boot from your variant, I can add official support for it if you want.

Hi @xpirit here are the links for Boot and Modem, I dont have any issues if you make it official support. Thanks.

D856/7/8HK Boot
    D856/7/8HK Modem