Question Functionality after root?

Search This thread

Zempathy

Mar 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
If i root the device wtihout flashing a custom rom will there be anything major in terms of functionality that will be lost? Will I still be able to pair with devices such as the SPen, galaxy buds, galaxy watch (in the future), I've seen threads talking about being able to patch the watch, but nothing else. I am aware that apps like SPay and secure vault will not work and I know about magisk hide and zygisk. Also, is it true that HD streaming on apps such as Netflix is not possible with root? (not a dealbreaker). I want to root the device, I've used it for 3-2 months but I want to know if there is anything major that would sway me from doing so.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Also, is it true that HD streaming on apps such as Netflix is not possible with root? (not a dealbreaker). I want to root the device, I've used it for 3-2 months but I want to know if there is anything major that would sway me from doing so.
On some devices, you do. You get L3 widevine instead of L1 (which enables FHD content on streaming services). Some devices don't suffer this, however. It's hard to say which do.

You can bypass some stuff like Samsung Health and Galaxy Wearable by installing modded apps, you'll lose Samsung Pass and Pay permanently. You can bypass Secure Folder with a few modifications, though you would need a little technical know-how.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The main thing you will lose is any app that needs the built-in security like some banking apps including Samsung Pay. I think I read that it will break the Samsung health apps too. What is the reason for root if you are not loading a custom ROM?