[Fundraiser] Lineage OS development for Galaxy S10/+/e (Exynos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Funding update, Since a lot of people in group have shown interest in paypal info instead of going thru funding site Ill provide info and ammount collected in this post

as of right now we are sitting at 500/550 euros

(Actually even closer as ill add my money and try to find cheapest available device (Going for s10 as it has all of the features that might show up to be messier to implement than on s10e))

Paypal you can use to donate is <Mod Removed>

If you donated and want a refund feel free to conact me in PM, This post will be updated few times per day to reflect new ammount collected

As a little background i worked on exynos devices since 2014 starting with note 2, As of right now I'm maintaining s7 and s8 series of devices, I am also a member of LineageOS so once everything works as expected it shouldnt take too long for device to recieve official builds.

if you have any questions feel free to ask me either here in telegram or via PM

Once moeny is collected donation links will be removed

Last edited by a moderator:

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Last edited:

sofistic

Jan 17, 2019
Why? FYI the s10 can run lineage already. simply install the Univeral system image build
The S10 is fully compatible with treble 2, literally just install any GSI Rom, including Google's official Android Q Beta for GSI
Be aware the camera is total crap though, its like taking pictures from messenger / whatsapp.
This is a thing since the S9.
https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...i-lineageos-16-0-gsi-arm64-ab-how-to-t3908029

What magical GSI are you talking about? Have you even tried GSIs on S10? It doesn't work any good. Lots of major bugs. That won't magically fix itself. If Ivan can help if people donate device, and people want to donate, let this be.

Reactions: Fernix_

malinathani

Aug 4, 2017
Why? FYI the s10 can run lineage already. simply install the Univeral system image build
The S10 is fully compatible with treble 2, literally just install any GSI Rom, including Google's official Android Q Beta for GSI
Be aware the camera is total crap though, its like taking pictures from messenger / whatsapp.
This is a thing since the S9.
https://developer.android.com/preview/gsi-release-notes
https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...i-lineageos-16-0-gsi-arm64-ab-how-to-t3908029

The current state of gsis is not daily driver ready
Bugs: MTP, Proximity sensor, Signal bars, Bluetooth, NFC, HWC, deep sleep, Fingerprint, brightness range, auto brightness

Having a device specific rom is always better

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
The current state of gsis is not daily driver ready
Bugs: MTP, Proximity sensor, Signal bars, Bluetooth, NFC, HWC, deep sleep, Fingerprint, brightness range, auto brightness

Having a device specific rom is always better
Those bugs were probably due to the specific rom you were using, as HWC in aosp gsi is literally mandatory for google to certify the device. Its on the list of treble requirements even
https://android.googlesource.com/pl...6d53f727d53d232dca503bbbc6d6f7854d8/README.md

Dont get me wrong, i still appreciate decice specific roms(mostly for kernel), just wanted to make people aware really
Good luck

kevkid

Sep 22, 2010
Those bugs were probably due to the specific rom you were using, as HWC in aosp gsi is literally mandatory for google to certify the device. Its on the list of treble requirements even
https://android.googlesource.com/pl...6d53f727d53d232dca503bbbc6d6f7854d8/README.md

Dont get me wrong, i still appreciate decice specific roms(mostly for kernel), just wanted to make people aware really
Good luck
Can you show us that it actually works on our devices? I have heard the same as others and am curious.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Can you show us that it actually works on our devices? I have heard the same as others and am curious.

it doesn't work, it didn't work properly since pie on s9 either sure it will show up as working in logs (dumpsys SurfaceFlinger) but anyone who tried using it will notice graphical glitches in transition animations, due to samsungs messed up implementation of dealing with fences in hwc2 (they treat it same way as hwc1 fences) but i guess some people would rather be stubborn than do some research, furthermore he should know big oems get exempt from some tests sometimes, take for example a fact previously samsung had completely different fingerprint enrolling percentage calculation so fingerprint couldn't be enrolled by default you either had to use custom hal (like we did at lineage) or hack up system like phh did

Last edited by a moderator:

malinathani

Aug 4, 2017

Good luck

I've tried 3 gsis till now and i can confirm its not a rom specific bug.
And Samsung doesn't fully follow the rules set by google
I would really suggest you to try a gsi yourself if you're thinking it's something usable in its current state.

Fznwolf

Jul 7, 2012
Was there ever a stable build for the S8? Last I remember a lot was still broken. (It's been awhile)

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hope something can be done with snapdragon as well

Yeah, i'd contribute if they had 97x0 support.

Ivan_Meler

Recognized Developer
Was there ever a stable build for the S8? Last I remember a lot was still broken. (It's been awhile)

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Yeah s8 has stable lineage right now, Well next update will bring even more things to it, Previous maintainer didnt do much, Also i personaly dont have plans of working on qcom variants as stated previously as i enjoy working on exynos more and have a lot of experience with it so i would leave qcom to someone else as it should also be way easier

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Even though it is Treble ready, I doubt it will be daily driver ready, some form of development is required.

Really looking forward to getting LOS, I am starting to get bored with my S10e
How could you be bored of oneui and the themeing and all the other things you have on stock... i think your just curious to have linage os running on your phone you mean because all youll find is poor battery and performance and a poor camera and over heating issues then youll be back to stock in no time....then ull get curious again when something else comes up and youll do it all over again then keep repeating lol...past experience for me haha thats y i dont even root now days...was talking about myself in that rant btw.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread closed
Apologies but no prepayment fundraisers are allowed on XDA
We barely tolerate Bounty threads and they have VERY strict guidelines
Thank you all for your understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Prepayment type fundraisers are not allowed on this site
    Funding update, Since a lot of people in group have shown interest in paypal info instead of going thru funding site Ill provide info and ammount collected in this post

as of right now we are sitting at 500/550 euros

(Actually even closer as ill add my money and try to find cheapest available device (Going for s10 as it has all of the features that might show up to be messier to implement than on s10e))

Paypal you can use to donate is <Mod Removed>

If you donated and want a refund feel free to conact me in PM, This post will be updated few times per day to reflect new ammount collected

As a little background i worked on exynos devices since 2014 starting with note 2, As of right now I'm maintaining s7 and s8 series of devices, I am also a member of LineageOS so once everything works as expected it shouldnt take too long for device to recieve official builds.

if you have any questions feel free to ask me either here in telegram or via PM

Once moeny is collected donation links will be removed
    Just donated, would love to see this rom!

it doesn't work, it didn't work properly since pie on s9 either sure it will show up as working in logs (dumpsys SurfaceFlinger) but anyone who tried using it will notice graphical glitches in transition animations, due to samsungs messed up implementation of dealing with fences in hwc2 (they treat it same way as hwc1 fences) but i guess some people would rather be stubborn than do some research, furthermore he should know big oems get exempt from some tests sometimes, take for example a fact previously samsung had completely different fingerprint enrolling percentage calculation so fingerprint couldn't be enrolled by default you either had to use custom hal (like we did at lineage) or hack up system like phh did

Yeah s8 has stable lineage right now, Well next update will bring even more things to it, Previous maintainer didnt do much, Also i personaly dont have plans of working on qcom variants as stated previously as i enjoy working on exynos more and have a lot of experience with it so i would leave qcom to someone else as it should also be way easier