• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FunkyHuawei P30 Pro Official Support Thread

Search This thread

duraaraa

This is the official support thread for FunkyHuawei on the P30 Pro.

FunkyHuawei is a paid service which provides tools and infrastructure which can be used to update or unbrick your P30 Pro.
Generally it's useful for updating to a version of your own choice rather than waiting for OTAs.

Today (26 April), P30 Pro support was added to FunkyHuawei via the HiSuite method (which can be found in the instructions page).
The below firmwares are available for installation, from the VOG-Global section.
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.109
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.121
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.122
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.124
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.131
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.136
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.140
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.153
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.156
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.161
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.178

If your CUST is C636, C605, C185, C432, C10, or C431, your CUST will be kept the same.
If you have a different CUST number, it will default to C636.
If you previously installed and want to return to your old CUST number listed below, just install again.
(The above is updated as of 4/30)

Those having any issues with installations on the P30 Pro are welcome to post here.

Note that rebranding (changing the region from Chinese to International, for example) is not available at present. Bootloader codes are also currently not available at present.

Installation and unbricking are available via the aforementioned HiSuite method.

Last edited:

kinjx11

Feb 11, 2017
so if my p30pro is c185 can i use this update ?!

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

just tried it , it failed while installing @ 5% it got stuck

same exact problem when i had mate 20 pro

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Thanks for adding support, will try it later.

edit : my model is the VOG-L29 currently running on 9.1.0.124 ( C636E4R1P5 ) ; so which one should i choose ? Thanks OP

Last edited:

duraaraa

so if my p30pro is c185 can i use this update ?!

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

just tried it , it failed while installing @ 5% it got stuck

same exact problem when i had mate 20 pro

We've confirmed it works. Are you sure you don't have a pass on your account tied to a different phone?

juanpirulo

FunkyHuawei is a paid service which provides tools and infrastructure which can be used to update or unbrick your P30 Pro.
Generally it's useful for updating to a version of your own choice rather than waiting for OTAs.

Today (26 April), P30 Pro support was added to FunkyHuawei via the HiSuite method (which can be found in the instructions page).
The below firmwares are available for installation, from the VOG-Global section.
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.109
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.121
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.122
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.124
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.131
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.136
VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.140

Please note that the CUST and PRELOAD will be C636, but it can be installed on any VOG-L29, VOG-L09, or VOG-L0C model.

Those having any issues with installations on the P30 Pro are welcome to post here.

Note that rebranding (changing the region from Chinese to International, for example) is not available at present. Bootloader codes are also currently not available at present.

Installation and unbricking are available via the aforementioned HiSuite method.

As noob on huawei. Can you explain me this numbers to me?

Base Software Version
VoG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.124

CUST SOFTWARE VERSION
VOG-L29-CUST 9.1.0.4(431)

PRELOAD SOFTWARE VERSION
VOG-L29-PRELOAD 9.1.0.2(C431R2)

Which ones are the important when i look into firmwares to my model? . Cheers

duraaraa

As noob on huawei. Can you explain me this numbers to me?

Base Software Version
VoG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.124

CUST SOFTWARE VERSION
VOG-L29-CUST 9.1.0.4(431)

PRELOAD SOFTWARE VERSION
VOG-L29-PRELOAD 9.1.0.2(C431R2)

Which ones are the important when i look into firmwares to my model? . Cheers

None of the number are important for the P30 Pro. If it's VOG-L29 like yours is, or VOG-L09, or VOG-L0C, for any of the various variants, you can install from the LYA-Global section.

Reactions: juanpirulo

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
None of the number are important for the P30 Pro. If it's VOG-L29 like yours is, or VOG-L09, or VOG-L0C, for any of the various variants, you can install from the LYA-Global section.

Last time for my mate 20 pro, I purchased credits. Was wondering if I subscribe now to the monthly or every 15 days plan, do I get access to download firmware or do I have still have to purchase credits to download? Thanks.

duraaraa

Last time for my mate 20 pro, I purchased credits. Was wondering if I subscribe now to the monthly or every 15 days plan, do I get access to download firmware or do I have still have to purchase credits to download? Thanks.

If you have an active subscription you do not need to buy credits. You can use the installation feature all you want during the validity of the subscription.

Reactions: trapcoder

kinjx11

Feb 11, 2017
how do i know what device i'm tied to ?

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

i also have a funkyshop purchase tied to my account which is why i have 999 credits

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
stuck at 5% installing update on phone. Everything downloaded successfully but when it reaches the last part, hisuite stops and on the phones it shows installing update , 5% .

edit : re-did it and its fine now, updating. Will update back here shortly.

edit : update successful and am now on .140

So, in the future, will i still be able to receive OTA ?

Thanks @duraaraa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428_144959_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428_144959_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:

navalynt

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 12, 2009
Anchorage, AK
www.mikeandjessee.com
I seem to be stuck at the 5% installing as well. My VOG-L29 was purchased through FunkyHuawei and through email this morning I was told the subscription is active. When I log in I can select the firmware, everything seemed to work correctly installing HiSuite 9.0.2.301 and then running FHHiSuiteInstaller.exe. But when I try the System Recovery it always fails at installing system and leaves the phone showing "5% Installing Update".

Your currently selected firmware is VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.140
You have 999 credits. You may install firmware.
You are on a pass which will expire 2024-04-26 07:22:09.418570 (GMT+9).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We now have EMUI 10 prerelease for VOG. Will do some testing before making it available. It is a Huawei internal testing build.
    Camera and video quality improved?

What do you think of the update generally?

Havent had the time to test the camera outdoors yet but generally seems much better as there's now dual view mode as well. Horizontal split in horizontal mode and vertical split in portrait mode recording. Also colors are much more subtle now, no more red hues and tint, but to be honest, haven't seen much tint since the .124 update.

VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.109
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.121
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.122
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.124
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.131
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.136
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.140
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.153
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.156
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.161
    VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.178

If your CUST is C636, C605, C185, C432, C10, or C431, your CUST will be kept the same.
    If you have a different CUST number, it will default to C636.
    If you previously installed and want to return to your old CUST number listed below, just install again.
    (The above is updated as of 4/30)

EMUI 10 beta can now be installed via FunkyHuawei. It has been confirmed to install, work, and not break your phone, by a few people so far. So I feel comfortable enough making it available to those brave enough to try.

This is an early internal testing build.

Please note the following:

1. SafetyNet will not pass.
    2. The 'About Phone' will not reflect the actual version of the prerelease software. Don't be surprised if it shows EMUI 9.1 / Android 9. Hiding the real version information is very common with pre-release builds. You can confirm it's Android Q via ADB or by checking the features, easter egg, etc.
    3. Your phone will show C675... It is not possible to show any other CUST version at this time.
    4. You may need to install, factory reset, then install again for it to boot. In other words, you may need two or more installs, so it's recommended to have a pass, a subscription, etc. instead of a low number of credits. If installation fails due to HiSuite crash, you may need to use eRecovery to recover, then try again.
    --Again, phone will not boot after first install, so install twice.--
    5. It's not officially supported by FH, installation and usage is at your own risk. There are many questions we don't have the answer to yet because it's new as of less than 24 hours ago.
    6. Don't install it on VOG-AL00 or VOG-AL10 (Mainland China devices.) Only install on VOG-L29, VOG-L09, VOG-L04, etc (versions with Google built in)
    7. Downgrading to EMUI 9 is untested, but should likely work by the HiSuite method.
    8. There may be other unforeseen issues!

Reports have shown that normal functionality seems OK, including calling, OK Google voice wake up, camera, etc.

With that in mind, you can install it by using the HiSuite method (found the Instructions page of the FunkyHuawei site) and choosing the version VtQ from the Misc section. Best of luck!
    When do you guys plan to release firmware VOG-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.161 ?