Question Funtouch: chinese and global??

Search This thread

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Can this be applied to global version? When I first installed the beta I wasn't not sure which version I installed. My phone had an entirely different look to it. But it worked fine. Outside the normal beta bugs. I then reinstalled the roll back firmware then reinstalled the beta and now the phone is no different looking than reg android 12. So can this be installed over w20?
The link you posted is for the CN Origin OS Ocean Android 13 beta. You can't install that on the global version of the phone. If you are looking for the Funtouch Android 13 beta it can be found here:

Reactions: diopskill

kduramos

Jul 31, 2015
Hi guys
So its possible install the funtouch Os on the vivo x80 pro (cn version) that came with origin OS?

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
The update is installed via the internal update function. Why should you unlock the bootloader?
just try if it works. The updater will tell you if it doesn't work.

Butla76

Sep 26, 2022
Funtouch is the global ROM. The Chinese ROM is Origin OS Ocean. Although you may have to download and install your choice of Google apps from the Playstore, they will all work. On the CN version a few Google functions, such as autobackup, Android Auto, etc., won't work.
What is the CN version? I'm in the USA and thinking about getting the X80 Pro. Will Google Assistant, Maps, Gmail, Photos, etc all work?

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
What is the CN version? I'm in the USA and thinking about getting the X80 Pro. Will Google Assistant, Maps, Gmail, Photos, etc all work?
CN is the abbreviation for China. The "OK Google" wake up voice activation won't work on the CN version, but if you put the Google Assistant app on your home screen then as soon as you tap on it you can use all the regular voice commands like "call mom", or "message dad", or " what is tomorrow's weather", etc. Google Maps, Gmail, Google Photos work the same as they do on the global (Funtouch) version. Working fine in the US.

Butla76

Sep 26, 2022
CN is the abbreviation for China. The "OK Google" wake up voice activation won't work on the CN version, but if you put the Google Assistant app on your home screen then as soon as you tap on it you can use all the regular voice commands like "call mom", or "message dad", or " what is tomorrow's weather", etc. Google Maps, Gmail, Google Photos work the same as they do on the global (Funtouch) version. Working fine in the US.
I figured out the CN right after I sent the message, lol. Thanks for the info. Will I be able to just say Ok Google or Hey Google to start voice commands on the global version, or will I have to touch the app?

Butla76

Sep 26, 2022
Just saying OK Google works on the global version.
Thanks. Two more questions since I haven't yet found a thread addressing this. Any problems with not receiving notifications/messages? I've read this can be a problem but maybe easy to fix? On the fence as to whether or not to buy it. Will I need an adapter for the fast charger in the USA? Thanks for your help.

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
Thanks. Two more questions since I haven't yet found a thread addressing this. Any problems with not receiving notifications/messages? I've read this can be a problem but maybe easy to fix? On the fence as to whether or not to buy it. Will I need an adapter for the fast charger in the USA? Thanks for your help.
I have the CN version in the US. The notifications have been fixed with updates it seems, although it seemed to be an issue only if you had your phone in dark mode. Now it works in dark mode too. All you have to do is set all the apps you need notifications for to start up/notify you in the settings. The CN one works with the US outlets no adapter needed, not sure about the global one.

Butla76

Sep 26, 2022
I have the CN version in the US. The notifications have been fixed with updates it seems, although it seemed to be an issue only if you had your phone in dark mode. Now it works in dark mode too. All you have to do is set all the apps you need notifications for to start up/notify you in the settings. The CN one works with the US outlets no adapter needed, not sure about the global one.
Oh cool. So I guess I could probably buy either version then. Where did you buy yours, any recommendations? What carrier do you have? I'm with Verizon, pretty sure it has most of the 5g and LTE bands

Music&Art

Dec 14, 2015
Oh cool. So I guess I could probably buy either version then. Where did you buy yours, any recommendations? What carrier do you have? I'm with Verizon, pretty sure it has most of the 5g and LTE bands
I got mine from AliExpress. I saw it on ebay as well. I actually have Metro and it works very well. When they first set it up, it didn't work but all I had to do was reset my network settings.
On that note, I'm not sure if it works on Verizon since it's a CDMA carrier or so I thought in the past. I don't know if unlocked phones work on there.
I just checked my IMEI to see if it would work on Verizon and they said my device can't be activated on their network. Not sure if the global one would.

Last edited:

kduramos

Jul 31, 2015
Hi.
Anyone try and have sucesso to put funtouch os on vivo x80 pro with origin OS?
Or even if The beta update of the funtouch os works on the CN version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funtouch is the global ROM. The Chinese ROM is Origin OS Ocean. Although you may have to download and install your choice of Google apps from the Playstore, they will all work. On the CN version a few Google functions, such as autobackup, Android Auto, etc., won't work.
    You are right, but I know they are going to expand the selling in Europe. I don't think they are going to sell it with a ROM without Android auto, for example.
    Today the price was announced for germany: 1300€ (equals 1350$). And this for the 12/256 GB version... 🤯😰

Its like a bad joke, if you see that you can import the 12/256 version from China for under 900€.
    The sell the same version as you have in europe!
    In reality there are some small differences: it does not work Android Auto and Google bkp. I did try to change the standard lancher and it does not work. I would like to flash the standard Global Android ROM
    Can this be applied to global version? When I first installed the beta I wasn't not sure which version I installed. My phone had an entirely different look to it. But it worked fine. Outside the normal beta bugs. I then reinstalled the roll back firmware then reinstalled the beta and now the phone is no different looking than reg android 12. So can this be installed over w20?
    The link you posted is for the CN Origin OS Ocean Android 13 beta. You can't install that on the global version of the phone. If you are looking for the Funtouch Android 13 beta it can be found here: