• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FUTURE DEVELOPMENT PENDING][Dec 22][RAM] HD2ONE v3.6 [CM6.1.1 Stable][Hastarin r8.6]

How should this build continue

• HD2ONE with Gingerbread

Votes: 450 65.5%
  • HD2ONE with Froyo (like now)

Votes: 91 13.2%
  • HD2ONE with Froyo & Sense

Votes: 146 21.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

PzykoSkillz

Jul 31, 2008
Stafford
I love this build, thanks. Only problem is all of a sudden, it has just started getting stuck at the boot loading screen. I haven't changed anything, it just hangs up on that screen. Anyone have any ideas?

brooon

May 11, 2009
Hey again! :)

It´s really an incredible build, i´m still using it (3 weeks now) getting happier and happier...thank you so much for your efforts gt2009&Kouno.Takaaki! ;)

@gt2009:
The question is: Will there be an update of the RAM Version in future? It´s so stable that I´m not thinking of switching to NAND (I would miss my 1GB data.img ;))

luffyp

Oct 11, 2009
I'm on nand with EU HD2 and still have 1gb data! :cool:
Magic of Kouno's data2sd! :p

Is your data in data.img on FAT32? I've been running this build from SD card for over a month now and it's been rock stable. Probably the reason why this thread doesn't have as many comments as other popular threads is because people simply don't have any problem with this build ;)

I was also thinking of moving to the NAND version but not sure if it has any benefit over the SD version. Can anyone who moved from SD version to NAND version point me out any extra benefits of NAND over SD? (less battery consumption perhaps?)

Another thing, although everything else is very stable, I sometimes find that my wifi connection disconnects itslef randomly when not in use. Anyone else experiencing this?

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
Anyone experiencing very high volume during calls? Even with the lowest level it is still to loud.

In call volume is high even on the lowest setting, I just deal with it because the lowest setting it is tolerable and better then having the volume too low.

Update:
I tried this fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=860850
It does not seem to fix the high in call volume.

However, a quick fix is to bump your volume button up once and back down during a call and the volume will reset to a normal level.

Last edited:

newbomb

Apr 7, 2010
New York City
I had this running for a few days and it was perfect. Out of no where I'm getting all kinds of force close popups. I reformatted and reinstalled and now Titanium backup is getting force closes. I have no idea what went wrong or why a fresh install isn't working now.

voided

Nov 6, 2005
I had this running for a few days and it was perfect. Out of no where I'm getting all kinds of force close popups. I reformatted and reinstalled and now Titanium backup is getting force closes. I have no idea what went wrong or why a fresh install isn't working now.

If you can open the console scree in your phone, you can type in this command.
Code:
su
fix_permissions
reboot

This should fix your force close problem and allows you to restore from Titanium backup. If you cannot open your console, then you will have to download the Android Development Toolkit and use the "adb" tool to run the commands.

voided

Nov 6, 2005
I have some issue with this build. Every few days, my phone will starts to get cranky and "force closes" with lots of errors. After I do a reboot on the phone, the Android wizard will appear and all my phone logs, sms, contacts, etc will be lost. To recover from this, I will have to run the "fix_permissions" command and do a restore. Anyone have this same experience? Other than that, it a great build.

Stanley Lim

gk17

Nov 27, 2010
Anyone know where I can download the alarm ringtones for this ROM? I switched over to the HD2ONE NAND version and it doesn't seem to have the alarm sounds that I want. The one I want specifically is New Day (if I remember correctly). But if the whole alarm folder can be uploaded somewhere, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

XaMaB

Jun 24, 2008
Sofia
I was also thinking of moving to the NAND version but not sure if it has any benefit over the SD version. Can anyone who moved from SD version to NAND version point me out any extra benefits of NAND over SD? (less battery consumption perhaps?)

I've moved to NAND version and there are two benefits. less consumption and faster reboot. I've kept my data.img on sd card so i dont have to reinstall all the apps. Consumption goes from 6-7mA average to 3-4mA

XaMaB

Jun 24, 2008
Sofia
The only problem is that my 8gb kingston card is not recognized by magldr and cannot setup clockworkmod, but as this build is frozen anyway i dont really need recovery or update functionality at this moment

gt2009

Mar 29, 2010
hey guys,

sorry for the huge delay of the nand build,

I was sick :(

I am still working on the nand build but until now, just slowly. As I have now recovered, I can spend more time on my project

Hang in there, IT IS COMING :)

Last edited:

newbomb

Apr 7, 2010
New York City
If you can open the console scree in your phone, you can type in this command.

Code:
su
fix_permissions
rebootThis should fix your force close problem and allows you to restore from Titanium backup. If you cannot open your console, then you will have to download the Android Development Toolkit and use the "adb" tool to run the commands.

Thanks for the response.

I couldn't even get to the console because the popups wouldn't clear. I reinstalled and then ran the fix_permissions and its been good so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed as the mod asked to separate nand build from sd thread.
    screenshot20101224at112.png

HD2 Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D

Future Development Pending (NAND)
    DEVELOPMENT STOPPED FOR SD

Original thread

CyanogenMod 6.1.1 Stable
    Hastarin r8.6

Bluetooth HID device

**USE CWR EDITION FROM JAN 7 2011 INSTEAD **

HD2ONE v3.6

New Link FEB 9 2011

** Clean build, does not include third-party apps (even google apps!), you can install any apps you want. **

Put HD2ONE folder to the root of sdcard.
    Run CLRCAD.exe & HARET.exe.

Wait 10 to 20 minutes (based on the speed of sdcard), then you will boot into Android.

** Backup your sdcard before installing **
    ** Do not use ram option with first installing **
    ** Your device will AUTO REBOOT when first install or detect kernel change, don't worry. **

** 'AndroidApps' and 'root' folder will be auto-deleted once been installed, for preventing reinstall every time you boot into android. **
    ** Follow kwanii's instruction if you experiencing issue. **

My Setup:

1. stock rom 3.14
    2. Radio: 2.15.50.14

Change Log

Code:
    [2010-12-22]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.6
    [*]Include initrd.gz r9
    [*]Fix audio policy caused boot speed issue, thanks to darkstone
    [*]Fix vpn issue caused by permission
    [*]Fix auto-backlight and led notification, thanks to noellenchris and tyween
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-19]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.5
    [*]Include initrd.gz r8
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod 6.1.1 stable
    [*]Hastarin r8.6 kernel with new camera driver (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9758230&postcount=978"]lucian777[/URL] and [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9679301&postcount=698"]GavTheStoner[/URL])
    [*]Optional System In Ram feature (thanks to darkstone for the idea) (experimental, may not working properly)
    [*]Multitouch for google maps 5.0 (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9907331&postcount=1133"]hisaaa[/URL])
    [*]Include cedesmith's data corruption fix
    [*]Fix typo in initrd.gz
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-10]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4b
    [*]Include initrd.gz r6
    [*]Fix bluethooth issue in 0.3.4a
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-9]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4a
    [*]New initrd.gz, version r4
    [*]Compatible with cedesmith's update method
    [*]More flexiable update bundle
    [*]Default LCD density back to 240
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-8]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod 6.1 stable
    [*]New initrd.gz and no rootfs (original by cedesmith, modified by me. thanks to cedesmith)
    [*]Create system.ext2 and data.img if not exists
    [*]Update from zip bundle
    [*]Fix ppp dns issue
    [*]Fix inode issue of system.ext2
    [*]Fix LauncherPro 3D Drawer scrolling issue
    [*]Fix app installation issue (google sky map, angry birds, etc.)
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-28]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.3
    [*]Switch to Hastarin R8.5.1 kernel (old camera driver)
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 RC2
    [*]Include libhtc_ril_wrapper.so from letama for better ppp connection
    [*]Fix root permission issue
    [*]Fix android-wifi-tether.apk not working issue (ppp build)
    [*]Some small changes in rootfs
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-22]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.2
    [*]Switch to Hastarin R8.2 kernel with G-Sensor fix
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 latest nightly build
    [*]Change folder name from Android to HD2ONE
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-13]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.5
    [*]NTP server in gps.conf could be specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-13]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.1
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 latest nightly build
    [*]Fix Bluetooth on hastarin kernel
    [*]NTP server in gps.conf could be specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-02]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3
    [*]Multi-kernel, default MichyPrima-R11 and Hastarin-R8, specified in startup.txt
    [*]PPP support, specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-02]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.4 patch
    [*]Set dalvik.vm.heapsize to 24m
    [*]Add default value to /system/default.prop
    [*]Fix FM Radio (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782301"]atoore[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-31]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.3 and 0.2.3a
    [*]Change DPI in startup.txt (don't need to replace build.prop anymore)
    [*]Fix weird apps missing issue (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8919206&postcount=36"]Sleef[/URL] and [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8921088&postcount=37"]xenatwp[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-31]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.2
    [*]Fix MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY issue caused by missing Google Maps framework (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8921088&postcount=37"]xenatwp[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-30]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.1
    [*]Fix Exchange Sync issue (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8910736&postcount=20"]lajbans[/URL], Android 2.2.1 issue, [URL="http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11629"]check here[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-30]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod-6.1-RC1
    [/LIST]

Thanks To
    • cyanogen
    • michyprima
    • bangsters
    • shu8i
    • v-b-n
    • atoore
    • cedesmith
    • securecrt
    • darkstone
    • lucian777
    • GavTheStoner
    • hisaaa
    • crawling
    • noellenchris
    • tyween
    • everyone
    [/QUOTE]
    NAND

so today, the bootloader "MAGLDR" was released. Great news but I dont now what this mean with all the SD-Card systems. As this release cuts through all my plans and i want to add nand support as soon as possible, the release of the next build will be delayed. I am aware of the fact, that not everybody will want nand android (for what ever reason) but it seems that is the way the hd2 android is going to do. So all my energy will be put onto releasing a gingerbread build for nand.

But i will not drop the RAM or SD-CARD build for the people who still want to use it
    I cannot stress enough how happy I am that the work of Kouno.Takaaki with the HD2ONE ROM lives on. The feedback on this ROM is incredible for the short time that has been here, and that is proven by the vast numbers of happy users. Personally I am balls-deep in this build and totally loving it.

Thank you for taking over the tedious job in making this build better, gt. It is greatly appreciated.
    Remove ads

hi there,
    is there any way to make the build free from ads?? i've tried to install adfree android from the market but it wont work, it is quite annoying with ads... thanks

DarkStone1337 said:
    - If you want to remove ads, this is very easy.
    - Download this adfree hosts file: http://gamesquare.co.uk/hosts.zipp (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER.)
    - Unzip this file to the /Android/root/system/etc folder on your SD card. Boot into Android and there will be no more ads

This is the way to remove ads :)