• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FUTURE DEVELOPMENT PENDING][Dec 22][RAM] HD2ONE v3.6 [CM6.1.1 Stable][Hastarin r8.6]

How should this build continue

• HD2ONE with Gingerbread

Votes: 450 65.5%
  • HD2ONE with Froyo (like now)

Votes: 91 13.2%
  • HD2ONE with Froyo & Sense

Votes: 146 21.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Cool-Breeze

Jan 20, 2011
AWESOME!!!!

Tried a couple of different Builds but this is the first one to work!! love it Thank you!!

also gonna pass the same build on to a mate so he can do the same thing

Jul 1, 2009
Udine
here's something to do while waiting for the next build.
partition your sdcard for optimum android performance:
EDIT: Ive edited this guide recently and changed all mention of Ext2 to Ext3. App2SD functions better with Ext3 partitions. Ext3 is safer, quicker, easier on battery drain, more efficient and supports more functionality. ie: supports journaling which improves reliability and eliminates the need to check the file system after an unclean shutdown. see this link for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3

best to do this when your starting from scratch and/or have a blank sdcard (otherwise save all your data first) (the order matters. fat32, ext3, linuxswap)
-get MiniTool Partition wizard home edition (for use in windows) - free $$
-load your sdcard as a removable device (either with a card reader or in winmo connection settings "usb to pc" set to diskdrive)
-install and run Minitool software
-choose your sdcard (make sure your not doing this to your pc hard drive!!!)
-delete the partition
-create a fat32 primary "default sector size" Label it Android or whatever you want your sdcard to be labelled as (i called mine 14.3 GB) as this is whats left of my 16gb card at the end. choose a size (your size may very) (this is where youll store all your music pictures documents downloads 'your Android install folder exists here' etc so make this a majority of your sdcard's size... ie: 14.3 gb) click done or okay or whatever the finish button is
-click the grey unallocated space in your sdcard and
-create a Ext3 primary "default sector size" label it sd-ext choose a size (android will reference this as internal memory, it will be used although unseen to you. size ie: 512mb)click done
-again click the grey unallocated space left in your sdcard and
-create a linuxswap primary partition. choose a size (use what's left of your sdcard.. i had 130mb left) click done
now apply all the actions you just setup in the top left corner there is a blue apply button.
minitool will create your sdcard the way you set it up. very quickly too i must say.
when done, close the mini tool. copy your Android folder back to your mem card. unmount your sdcard as a removable device (put back into device etc)
and boot Android.
there is a video of a guy doing EXACTLy what I'm talking about here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyO6DOS1leQ

This provides android with space for a swap file, extra internal memory, and doesnt require a lot of effort... and at the same time increasing the performance of your install of android.

there. done talking. dont do this if your uncomfortable with .. this sort of stuff.
sorry for getting off topic.. just wanted to provide some extra [email protected]{e to this awesome build.

(hit the thanks button if you end up doing this.... thanks!)

I've found this in an other post by Copenhagen.
Is there a way to see if'i've done all the steps fine and Android is using the new partitioned space?

At the moment I'm using the SD versione not the RAM
I have an 8gb card
The ext3 partition is of 512MB
the kinuxswap is arounf 130
The data.img in Android Folder is 1gb

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
You can't (I think), these are just two different methods to store some data on SD.
Data.img is useful for SD builds. Although it does work with Nand builds, ext partition is the best choice for Nand. I'm actually quite happy to see data.img dissapear in most of the newest Nand's...

Jul 1, 2009
Udine
I'm not sure i can't.
if you look in the first post of this build [Jan 22][DL DesireZ v3.1 Beta][DL Data2SD/Ext4 v2.0][Nand/SD/MAGLAR]
then config.txt file of the SD version allow to use the ext4 and swap partition.
Maybe it's just a different kind of build ?

gt2009

Mar 29, 2010
please read barcode

Attachments

• qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 69

zhegoggles

Dec 18, 2009
the Netherlands

It reads: "Hello the followers of the hd2one thread, there has been a problem with my build, and it doesn't want to boot :( I need help! If you can help me fix it please contact me. I will be on the irc: #htc-linux-chat under the name gt2009. Thanks!"

Why on earth would you put this in a qr code instead of just telling us? I appreciate the effort you seem to have put into this build, but I'm sad to see the lack of actual progress lately.

B

Bungholio99

Congratulations:
+300 posts, 30 people said thank you, yet all this useless thread ever contained was a copy of Kouno.Takaaki's work & changelog.
HD2ONE once was my favourite build. I wish it would have died in style instead of being remembered like this.
This thread should have been locked long time ago and the OP's thanksmeter being transfered to Kouno.Takaaki. :mad:

Paulx777

Oct 11, 2010
I'm having a problem with Android v2.2.1, Build Number FRG83D I got it from the HD2ONE thread a while back and it's installed on my SD card. Its worked flawlessly for me for months and then out of nowhere, the other day it started acting up for seemingly no reason. For example, when I go to run most of the programs I have installed it won't run and says, "The application (.......) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Does anyone know what's going on with it and have a suggestion to fix it?

And if not, if I downloaded another (newer) version of Android to put on SD how would I go about installing the new version while keeping the apps that I have already downloaded (especially the ones I paid for!)

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

luffyp

Oct 11, 2009
I'm having a problem with Android v2.2.1, Build Number FRG83D I got it from the HD2ONE thread a while back and it's installed on my SD card. Its worked flawlessly for me for months and then out of nowhere, the other day it started acting up for seemingly no reason. For example, when I go to run most of the programs I have installed it won't run and says, "The application (.......) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Does anyone know what's going on with it and have a suggestion to fix it?

And if not, if I downloaded another (newer) version of Android to put on SD how would I go about installing the new version while keeping the apps that I have already downloaded (especially the ones I paid for!)

Thanks so much in advance for any help!

You probably have a corrupted data.img on your SD card. Data corruption is quite a common problem for Android builds on SD card. If that's the case, the only way to fix it is to replace data.img with your backed-up data.img. If you never back up your data.img then you would need to reinstall Android and everything from scratch. When you freshly install a new Android build you should be able to reinstall all the apps you've paid for as long as you sign in with the same Google account. Hope that helps :)

Reactions: Paulx777

Paulx777

Oct 11, 2010
You probably have a corrupted data.img on your SD card. Data corruption is quite a common problem for Android builds on SD card. If that's the case, the only way to fix it is to replace data.img with your backed-up data.img. If you never back up your data.img then you would need to reinstall Android and everything from scratch. When you freshly install a new Android build you should be able to reinstall all the apps you've paid for as long as you sign in with the same Google account. Hope that helps :)

Thanks a lot buddy, you were the only one to offer advice. Im happy to know that at least even if I do have to start from scratch, that I didn't waste my money on apps I won't be able to use anymore!

Thanks again man!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed as the mod asked to separate nand build from sd thread.
    screenshot20101224at112.png

HD2 Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D

Future Development Pending (NAND)
    DEVELOPMENT STOPPED FOR SD

Original thread

CyanogenMod 6.1.1 Stable
    Hastarin r8.6

Bluetooth HID device

**USE CWR EDITION FROM JAN 7 2011 INSTEAD **

HD2ONE v3.6

New Link FEB 9 2011

** Clean build, does not include third-party apps (even google apps!), you can install any apps you want. **

Put HD2ONE folder to the root of sdcard.
    Run CLRCAD.exe & HARET.exe.

Wait 10 to 20 minutes (based on the speed of sdcard), then you will boot into Android.

** Backup your sdcard before installing **
    ** Do not use ram option with first installing **
    ** Your device will AUTO REBOOT when first install or detect kernel change, don't worry. **

** 'AndroidApps' and 'root' folder will be auto-deleted once been installed, for preventing reinstall every time you boot into android. **
    ** Follow kwanii's instruction if you experiencing issue. **

My Setup:

1. stock rom 3.14
    2. Radio: 2.15.50.14

Change Log

Code:
    [2010-12-22]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.6
    [*]Include initrd.gz r9
    [*]Fix audio policy caused boot speed issue, thanks to darkstone
    [*]Fix vpn issue caused by permission
    [*]Fix auto-backlight and led notification, thanks to noellenchris and tyween
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-19]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.5
    [*]Include initrd.gz r8
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod 6.1.1 stable
    [*]Hastarin r8.6 kernel with new camera driver (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9758230&postcount=978"]lucian777[/URL] and [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9679301&postcount=698"]GavTheStoner[/URL])
    [*]Optional System In Ram feature (thanks to darkstone for the idea) (experimental, may not working properly)
    [*]Multitouch for google maps 5.0 (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9907331&postcount=1133"]hisaaa[/URL])
    [*]Include cedesmith's data corruption fix
    [*]Fix typo in initrd.gz
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-10]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4b
    [*]Include initrd.gz r6
    [*]Fix bluethooth issue in 0.3.4a
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-9]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4a
    [*]New initrd.gz, version r4
    [*]Compatible with cedesmith's update method
    [*]More flexiable update bundle
    [*]Default LCD density back to 240
    [/LIST]
    [2010-12-8]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.4
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod 6.1 stable
    [*]New initrd.gz and no rootfs (original by cedesmith, modified by me. thanks to cedesmith)
    [*]Create system.ext2 and data.img if not exists
    [*]Update from zip bundle
    [*]Fix ppp dns issue
    [*]Fix inode issue of system.ext2
    [*]Fix LauncherPro 3D Drawer scrolling issue
    [*]Fix app installation issue (google sky map, angry birds, etc.)
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-28]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.3
    [*]Switch to Hastarin R8.5.1 kernel (old camera driver)
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 RC2
    [*]Include libhtc_ril_wrapper.so from letama for better ppp connection
    [*]Fix root permission issue
    [*]Fix android-wifi-tether.apk not working issue (ppp build)
    [*]Some small changes in rootfs
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-22]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.2
    [*]Switch to Hastarin R8.2 kernel with G-Sensor fix
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 latest nightly build
    [*]Change folder name from Android to HD2ONE
    [*]Some small changes
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-13]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.5
    [*]NTP server in gps.conf could be specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-13]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3.1
    [*]Upgrade to CM6.1 latest nightly build
    [*]Fix Bluetooth on hastarin kernel
    [*]NTP server in gps.conf could be specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-02]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.3
    [*]Multi-kernel, default MichyPrima-R11 and Hastarin-R8, specified in startup.txt
    [*]PPP support, specified in startup.txt
    [/LIST]
    [2010-11-02]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.4 patch
    [*]Set dalvik.vm.heapsize to 24m
    [*]Add default value to /system/default.prop
    [*]Fix FM Radio (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782301"]atoore[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-31]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.3 and 0.2.3a
    [*]Change DPI in startup.txt (don't need to replace build.prop anymore)
    [*]Fix weird apps missing issue (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8919206&postcount=36"]Sleef[/URL] and [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8921088&postcount=37"]xenatwp[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-31]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.2
    [*]Fix MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY issue caused by missing Google Maps framework (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8921088&postcount=37"]xenatwp[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-30]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2.1
    [*]Fix Exchange Sync issue (thanks to [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8910736&postcount=20"]lajbans[/URL], Android 2.2.1 issue, [URL="http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11629"]check here[/URL])
    [/LIST]
    [2010-10-30]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Release 0.2
    [*]Upgrade to CyanogenMod-6.1-RC1
    [/LIST]

Thanks To
    • cyanogen
    • michyprima
    • bangsters
    • shu8i
    • v-b-n
    • atoore
    • cedesmith
    • securecrt
    • darkstone
    • lucian777
    • GavTheStoner
    • hisaaa
    • crawling
    • noellenchris
    • tyween
    • everyone
    [/QUOTE]
    NAND

so today, the bootloader "MAGLDR" was released. Great news but I dont now what this mean with all the SD-Card systems. As this release cuts through all my plans and i want to add nand support as soon as possible, the release of the next build will be delayed. I am aware of the fact, that not everybody will want nand android (for what ever reason) but it seems that is the way the hd2 android is going to do. So all my energy will be put onto releasing a gingerbread build for nand.

But i will not drop the RAM or SD-CARD build for the people who still want to use it
    I cannot stress enough how happy I am that the work of Kouno.Takaaki with the HD2ONE ROM lives on. The feedback on this ROM is incredible for the short time that has been here, and that is proven by the vast numbers of happy users. Personally I am balls-deep in this build and totally loving it.

Thank you for taking over the tedious job in making this build better, gt. It is greatly appreciated.
    Remove ads

hi there,
    is there any way to make the build free from ads?? i've tried to install adfree android from the market but it wont work, it is quite annoying with ads... thanks

DarkStone1337 said:
    - If you want to remove ads, this is very easy.
    - Download this adfree hosts file: http://gamesquare.co.uk/hosts.zipp (COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR BROWSER.)
    - Unzip this file to the /Android/root/system/etc folder on your SD card. Boot into Android and there will be no more ads

This is the way to remove ads :)