• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[fxz] 4.4.2 183.46.15

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

IF YOU HAVE NOT UNLOCKED, THIS BUILD WILL PERMANENTLY PREVENT YOU FROM DOING SO. STOP NOW and GO UNLOCK!

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked RAZR HD xt926 owner, from any version to 4.4.2 (KDA20.62-15.1).

Things you will need:

FXZ KDA20.62-15.1 thanks @stras1234 as always!

Instructions:

Use the RSD Flasher with KEEP DATA to flash this on your phone with RSD.

OR

Use the House of Moto with KEEP DATA to flash this to your phone with fastboot.

OR

Use RSD Lite to flash it, but, you will lose data unless you modify the XML file manually.

This will get you a clean OTA install. You will lose root.

Last edited:

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
I flashed the fxz, but it now says my Android version is 4.4, not 4.4.2. Is there a reason for the downgrade The System version is now '19.5.3.obake_verizon.Verizon.ens.US'. Thanks.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Um what? That system version is for a Droid maxx. This FXZ is for the razr hd. There is no possible way you flashed this FXZ on a razr hd and ended up with what you're saying.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
Um what? That system version is for a Droid maxx. This FXZ is for the razr hd. There is no possible way you flashed this FXZ on a razr hd and ended up with what you're saying.

Take a look at it yourself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-15-13-51-26.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-13-51-26.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,824

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
I flashed 'VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml' using your utility with the KEEP DATA option.

I don't know what to say. I for sure didn't hunt around for a Maxx fxz and I certainly don't have a copy of one sitting around on my PC. I downloaded the .zip you posted above and used your utility to flash it. Afterwards I flashed dhacker's CWM (v6.0.4.9) and SU (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip). That is it. I did nothing else.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
that screen shot made me lol
other than the obvious, correct phone, wrong version, the build date is funny too.

how the f did that even boot lol

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

im working on flashing this now to verify the file and will report back soon.

Reactions: 2useless

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I've already had someone verify the FXZ in my download link and send me a screen shot of it. It doesn't look like yours so I really don't know what to tell you. There is no way possible that the FXZ I posted has anything that shows obake in it as that's a COMPLETELY different device. This is the xt926 RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX. It's not the Droid Maxx which is what the screen shot you posted shows. Post a copy of your swdl.txt file from the RSD flash. You'll find it in your RSD install folder.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
i never doubted your file, i just want this on my device :p
a totally whacked about page, that is lol

boot with the wrong firmware? yea i need that too lol

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

well dam, mine displays the proper info :(

btw, ffs, optimizing 200 apps on a clean phone, really...

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
i never doubted your file, i just want this on my device :p
a totally whacked about page, that is lol

boot with the wrong firmware? yea i need that too lol

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

well dam, mine displays the proper info :(

btw, ffs, optimizing 200 apps on a clean phone, really...

LMAO! Switch to ART.....that'll make you appreciate how fast Dalvik is at optimizing. LOL

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
just noticed @Skrilax_CZ hasnt put this on sbf droid devs yet

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

LMAO! Switch to ART.....that'll make you appreciate how fast Dalvik is at optimizing. LOL

yea i know lol

i think ill just switch to my g2 or g3 and remember what used to be great, now seems annoyingly slow :p

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
That's cause he doesn't have it yet. :) His is the "official" version that will contain the erase userdata line.

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
I've already had someone verify the FXZ in my download link and send me a screen shot of it. It doesn't look like yours so I really don't know what to tell you. There is no way possible that the FXZ I posted has anything that shows obake in it as that's a COMPLETELY different device. This is the xt926 RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX. It's not the Droid Maxx which is what the screen shot you posted shows. Post a copy of your swdl.txt file from the RSD flash. You'll find it in your RSD install folder.

My screenshot shows 'RAZR MAXX HD'.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
That's nice. Doesn't give me the information I asked for. You keep claiming that flashing the FXZ in the OP is what did this to your phone, and I keep telling you that's not possible and has been confirmed for me by several people at this point. Telling me what's in the screen shot doesn't really solve the problem. I can make that screen shot say anything I want. Doesn't mean the information is accurate.

2useless

Nov 14, 2012
That's nice. Doesn't give me the information I asked for. You keep claiming that flashing the FXZ in the OP is what did this to your phone, and I keep telling you that's not possible and has been confirmed for me by several people at this point. Telling me what's in the screen shot doesn't really solve the problem. I can make that screen shot say anything I want. Doesn't mean the information is accurate.

Chillax. I am not by my PC. I will post it once I get home.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: You REALLY need to UNDERSTAND and read EVERYTHING or you MAY brick your phone!

IF YOU HAVE NOT UNLOCKED, THIS BUILD WILL PERMANENTLY PREVENT YOU FROM DOING SO. STOP NOW and GO UNLOCK!

Purpose of this thread:

To get you, the locked or unlocked RAZR HD xt926 owner, from any version to 4.4.2 (KDA20.62-15.1).

Things you will need:

FXZ KDA20.62-15.1 thanks @stras1234 as always!

Instructions:

Use the RSD Flasher with KEEP DATA to flash this on your phone with RSD.

OR

Use the House of Moto with KEEP DATA to flash this to your phone with fastboot.

OR

Use RSD Lite to flash it, but, you will lose data unless you modify the XML file manually.

This will get you a clean OTA install. You will lose root.
    I flashed 'VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-15.1_1FF.xml' using your utility with the KEEP DATA option.

I don't know what to say. I for sure didn't hunt around for a Maxx fxz and I certainly don't have a copy of one sitting around on my PC. I downloaded the .zip you posted above and used your utility to flash it. Afterwards I flashed dhacker's CWM (v6.0.4.9) and SU (UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip). That is it. I did nothing else.

This, specifically, is what I'm referring to. That part about "I did nothing else" was simply not true and wasted everyone's time.

As I said, something overwrote your build props. You never mentioned a tethering hack in your original posts. When people leave out information it wastes a lot of time.

lol! im such a noob, i had to google that :p
    i guess it pays to know just how stupid i can be before i do something really bad ;)
    i always read too much before i try anything, i guess thats why i have had 10-12 premium phones and never bricked one :p

LMAO! My first brick experience was with the Bionic and it lasted about 36 hours. Timmy10shoes fixed me up though and we unbricked it and got it back on the OTA path. When the ICS leaks started coming I decided to write myself a quick tool to help myself install the leaks without losing data or bricking the phone. Timmy convinced me to create a new thread and post it. Thus started the House of Bionic and the rest is history. Never bricked a phone since. ;)
    Guess I am a n00b how do you flash this?

click on rsd flasher and read