• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FYI] dalingrin's 1.1Ghz Eclair kernel works on Honeycomb

Search This thread

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
The Honeycomb thread is getting swamped right now, so i thought i would make this for those interested.

The install of this is identical to the Froyo install method (but the Froyo kernel does not work! Use the Eclair) -

Plug in the SD card to your computer (Linux/Mac is preferred)
Download the Eclair 1.1Ghz Kernel Zip file
Extract the zip somewhere you know.

Open the SD card, and in the /boot partition, replace the uImage on the card with the one from the zip

*This is where linux works best*
If you have a linux/mac box, open the /data partition, and clear the contents of the dalvik-cache folder (but not the folder itself).

Running quadrant advanced on this build -
Before OC - 1450
After OC - 1838

And things are a bit smoother. Once again, thanks for your great work devs, and for your kernel dalingrin!

jleecong

Aug 30, 2007
The Honeycomb thread is getting swamped right now, so i thought i would make this for those interested.

The install of this is identical to the Froyo install method (but the Froyo kernel does not work! Use the Eclair) -

Open the SD card, and in the /boot partition, replace the uImage on the card with the one from the zip

If you have a linux/mac box, open the /data partition, and clear the contents of the dalvik-cache folder (but not the folder itself).

Before OC - 1450
After OC - 1838

And things are a bit smoother. Once again, thanks for your great work devs, and for your kernel dalingrin!
Thanks!

I tried the Froyo 1.1 and it was a no go, tried this and first boot hung, but second boot I'm up and going setCPU sees 1.1Ghz (no SU though).

Last edited:

taylor.fowler

Aug 14, 2010
NYC
Clear dalvik cache using adb

adb remount
adb shell rm -rf /system/sd/dalvik-cache

For the windows users out there...

Edit: Not actually sure if this will work as I'm currently burning the Honeycomb image as we speak....

Last edited:
Reactions: Divine_Madcat

gZusLuvsU15

Jun 20, 2006
so copy JUST the uImage file from "kernel-1100mhz-omap3630.zip" to the boot partition (which shows up as the only browseable partition in Windows)?

i'm getting the blinking "Android" turquoise text while trying to boot after doing that

kaicherry

Nov 30, 2010
I reverted mine...

Maybe I did something wrong, but I found that the touch responsiveness went into the toilet:)

Put it back the way it was.

Can't wait til we can install and boot this thang internal-like :)

-K

jleecong

Aug 30, 2007
Thanks!

I tried the Froyo 1.1 and it was a no go, tried this and first boot hung, but second boot I'm up and going setCPU sees 1.1Ghz (no SU though).
So it hung a few times and loaded once more, but now will not load with the 1.1 kernel. Had no problems with this on Froyo.

I will say is doesn't freaze, it just is stuck at ANDROID_ (flashing)

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
Maybe I did something wrong, but I found that the touch responsiveness went into the toilet:)

Put it back the way it was.

Can't wait til we can install and boot this thang internal-like :)

-K
Once you've booted just lock the nook and then unlock it. This an issue with current kernels compiled from source.

FWIW, I have updated my original thread.

Last edited:

jleecong

Aug 30, 2007
Because you use the eclair one, not froyos.

Sent from a NC on [email protected] using tapatalk pr0z
I tried the 1.1 Froyo kernel (that still works fine with Froyo) before this post with Honeycomb, it did NOT work, but the Eclair kernel did as the OP said.

That, and you may have issues if you didn't clear dalvik..
Yes I cleared dalvik... Like I said it booted twice and didn't boot about 20 times.

If it work for others GREAT! I'm just posting my feedback. :) Applying Honeycomb v.02 now.

Booting Honeycomb .02 with the 1 Ghz kernel... The 1.1 did the same thing. Either way this is rockin!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Before OC - 1450
    After OC - 1838

Clear dalvik cache using adb

adb remount
    adb shell rm -rf /system/sd/dalvik-cache

For the windows users out there...

Edit: Not actually sure if this will work as I'm currently burning the Honeycomb image as we speak....