FYI FireOS 5.6.0.0 on HD 10 Box no longer greyed out

Search This thread

markuaw1

Jul 27, 2015
after doing a reset in Recovery Mode. and updating to the latest fire FireOS 5.6.0.0 on HD 10, now the boxes is are no longer greyed out when installing third-party apps WTF !!

twodan

Dec 3, 2017
start install app > on screen install (button greyed), tap task manager (button square - next to button home) > select screen install again > button install allow!

Remember: Settings > Security > Apps from Unknown Sources (Enable).

markuaw1

Jul 27, 2015
that's how I was doing it

start install app > on screen install (button greyed), tap task manager (button square - next to button home) > select screen install again > button install allow!

Remember: Settings > Security > Apps from Unknown Sources (Enable).

after resetting in recovery mode and updating to the latest fire FireOS 5.6.0.0 it's not greyed out anymore I couldn't tell you why but it's not

Robius

Mar 21, 2013
That's usually only a problem when you have a screen shade enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilly10

Sep 22, 2012
I'm not sure about that. I still have the same problem.

Not sure then, did you get another 5.6.0.0 update recently around Dec 2nd?

Both my Fire HD 8 & 6 got another 5.6.0.0 update (both have been updated 3 times now, including the initial release of that update) around then and install APKs as normal now.

tech6

Nov 20, 2011
Hi Gilly10,

My Kindle tab updated again yesterday or I should say that's when I noticed the update. And now I don't have the problem with the install issue when installing apps and software. Thanks for the heads up on the updates.

Not sure then, did you get another 5.6.0.0 update recently around Dec 2nd?

Both my Fire HD 8 & 6 got another 5.6.0.0 update (both have been updated 3 times now, including the initial release of that update) around then and install APKs as normal now.

Reactions: markuaw1

Top Liked Posts