• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FYI T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G unlock now working

Search This thread

xDanVitox

Jan 13, 2009
Maybe a dumb question but new to OnePlus devices - is the international ROM what runs on the unlocked US version? Do they all run the same except the T-Mobile version? If not the same - are there any advantages/disadvantages to running international vs. US?

we_tu_lo

Apr 8, 2019
Got the code and rooted, passed Safetynet without HideProps. Pretty easy process (surprisingly).
My other phone is in soft brick because I didn't look at the phone and went to adb reboot without hitting the power button!
Now I can sell my P40 Pro.

Last edited:

smallsmx301

May 20, 2015
I have a 7 pro. I converted from TMO rom to international. Im assuming the process is the same? I need to get the 8t sim unlocked before I get the bootloader unlocked? How is everyone getting sim unlocked? Are you paying off the phone?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

jwarrior319

I have a 7 pro. I converted from TMO rom to international. Im assuming the process is the same? I need to get the 8t sim unlocked before I get the bootloader unlocked? How is everyone getting sim unlocked? Are you paying off the phone?
You need to be on the TMO firmware to sim unlock. Most of us have gone through T-Force or there's a guy in another thread doing it.

stmims1124

Sep 28, 2010
Gaithersburg, MD
OnePlus 8T

You need to be on the TMO firmware to sim unlock. Most of us have gone through T-Force or there's a guy in another thread doing it.
To further expand on that... No, the conversion method is not the same as the as the 7 Pro, at least not yet. We're hoping someone smarter & better equipped than I will be able to come up with an MSM Tool conversion, but I understand OP has made some changes with the new MSM.
Wirh all of that out of the way, there is an apparently working conversion via fastboot in the OnePlus 8T "General..." forums. SIM unlock, then get your bootloader unlock token from OP, unlock bootloader & root, then follow that guide to use fastboot to convert.

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

jwarrior319

To further expand on that... No, the conversion method is not the same as the as the 7 Pro, at least not yet. We're hoping someone smarter & better equipped than I will be able to come up with an MSM Tool conversion, but I understand OP has made some changes with the new MSM.
Will all of that out of the way, there is an apparently working conversion via fastboot in the OnePlus 8T "General..." forums. SIM unlock, then get your bootloader unlock token from OP, unlock bootloader & root, then follow that guide to use fastboot to convert.
Link please?

jwarrior319

Anon1136

Sep 24, 2020
And by making the script that will make it simpler to do the conversion? Just like a press of a button and it will do everything by its own assuming we have the full global OTA?

It's not too bad. I'm a bit noob myself and got it working somehow. You can search YouTube on how the payload dumper is done for older oneplus phones to get an idea then go back to following the 8t steps exactly if there are any differences. Basically the hardest part which is dumping is all done before your phone is even connected to the pc so there isn't much risk there. Once you get all the img files you need is when you can connect and begin copy and pasting each line manually or using the script that someone just made. I heard there can be some adb command errors but I didn't run into that. I would make an easier version of the guide on what I did in detail but I'm not advanced or confident enough for it if someone happens to mess up. Also I risked it because I hate the t mobile rom. I was about to learn how to use the msm tool if things didn't go so well

Thx for your script. Wish I waited a bit for it before copy and pasting everything manually lol. Can't wait to try it for global rom if it ever releases

Last edited:

SmileBigNow

Jan 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not too bad. I'm a bit noob myself and got it working somehow. You can search YouTube on how the payload dumper is done for older oneplus phones to get an idea then go back to following the 8t steps exactly if there are any differences. Basically the hardest part which is dumping is all done before your phone is even connected to the pc so there isn't much risk there. Once you get all the img files you need is when you can connect and begin copy and pasting each line manually or using the script that someone just made. I heard there can be some adb command errors but I didn't run into that. I would make an easier version of the guide on what I did in detail but I'm not advanced or confident enough for it if someone happens to mess up. Also I risked it because I hate the t mobile rom. I was about to learn how to use the msm tool if things didn't go so well

Thx for your script. Wish I waited a bit for it before copy and pasting everything manually lol. Can't wait to try it for global rom if it ever releases

There isn't a windows script yet and are you on EU or Global?

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
There isn't a windows script yet and are you on EU or Global?

Both windows and linux scripts are in the conversion thread OP now.

Intl/Global conversion is not possible yet because there is no full OTA. There actually should be a way to extract the images from the .ops in the MSM download, but I don't have enough time to reverse that pile. I know bluetooth.img is in plaintext there and some others too, but some of the sizes are not correct.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh how I have missed root soo much coming from a galaxy s10+. Viper4android works flawlessly and OBD2AA is working ?
    So I got my unlock token yesterday...but when I click the download link this is what I get. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution? I contacted oneplus over Twitter and they gave me the run around and told me to contact T-MOBILE. Ugh
    Capture+_2021-05-15-11-08-10.png
    So I got my unlock token yesterday...but when I click the download link this is what I get. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution? I contacted oneplus over Twitter and they gave me the run around and told me to contact T-MOBILE. Ugh
    View attachment 5310281
    Oneplus screwed up their website, nothing tmo can do.

Use my conversion if you just wanna bypass the BL lock