• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

FYI T-Mobile OnePlus 8T + 5G unlock now working

Search This thread

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
4G/5G Bands are stored in NVRAM and written at the factory, and not modified based on which ROM you run. So if you bought a KB2000, you'll have the bands that device supports even if you run the Intl ROM. You can download QPST or QXDM and read it out, and in certain devices, you can even modify it. YMMV if you choose to go that route, since the modem firmware (not modem partition) may actually be different.

Anon1136

Sep 24, 2020
What bands are you able to use? And is 5g working?
Yeah everything is working the same and better. I was wondering about the bands myself because they don't use 71 for lte like we do over here but the rest is there. Haven't needed to flash t mobile modem yet. When I was on t mobile rom, I don't really see bands 71 being used anywhere so it's hard to know for sure but for any other bands, eu rom is working fine. Mostly band 66 used in my area. Also is there an app used to check band availability? I've been using one that shows which I'm currently connected to instead

Last edited:

jwarrior319

Yeah everything is working the same and better. I was wondering about the bands myself because they don't use 71 for lte like we do over here but the rest is there. Haven't needed to flash t mobile modem yet. When I was on t mobile rom, I don't really see bands 71 being used anywhere so it's hard to know for sure but for any other bands, eu rom is working fine. Mostly band 66 used in my area. Also is there an app used to check band availability? I've been using one that shows which I'm currently connected to instead
Do you have a link for eu firmware?

Edit: nevermind i managed to get oxygen updater to download it for me

Last edited:

freddienuxx

Dec 11, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8T
do you have backup for T-mobile modem?

kevkid

Sep 22, 2010
The sim card on my phone is unlocked and I've received the unlock token from the https://www.oneplus.com/unlock_token, it took about a week. Has anyone rooted the Tmobile KB2007 yet? I've seen some online sites (like https://androidbiits.com/root-t-mobile-oneplus-8t-plus-5g-kb2007-easily/) but nothing yet on XDA.

Thanks!
Yeah i was able to root by installing magisk, extracting my boot from slot a and slot b and patching them both then reflashing them

jwarrior319

really need modem or boot and recovery from T-Mobile version if anyone can do inly way my device works is reset in recovery then i have no network if i reboot stuck on TMO screen crazy so if anyone can get modem when i boot i can ota and fix
You can use the msm tool to restore. Its the recommended way after all.

Sent from my OnePlus8T using XDA Labs

highland180

Jun 22, 2014
I have extracted the boot images a and b from my tMobile KB2007 using the method at:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-us-oneplus-8t-kb2005-unlocked.4179423/#post-83762929 - Post #17

I'm just looking to find out how to patch "boot image a" to root my phone, any info would great. Thanks!

I have a working img file that can be installed via fastboot for a Tmobile KB2007. I'd be happy to share it just need a place to upload it to.

Please let me know how best to distribute

Shooter7889

Mar 24, 2019
FLORENCE
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I have extracted the boot images a and b from my tMobile KB2007 using the method at:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-us-oneplus-8t-kb2005-unlocked.4179423/#post-83762929 - Post #17

I'm just looking to find out how to patch "boot image a" to root my phone, any info would great. Thanks!
Put the img on your 8t and download latest magisk manager/canary apk and use that to patch ur img, then transfer the patched img to ur pc and fastboot flash boot magiak_patched boot img while ur phone is in bootloader menu

highland180

Jun 22, 2014
That's what I did. The first time I patched with Magiisk Canary, the boot image didn't work, I updated and repatched and it works.

Attached is the magisk canary rooted boot image for a Tmobile KB2007 OS Version 11.0.4.6.KB09CB

Test Patched Boot Image using Fastboot

fastboot boot magisk_patched_IQKx1.img

Flashi Patched Boot Image using Fastboot

fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched_IQKx1.img
fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched_IQKx1.img

seacrow01

Oct 16, 2015
Seattle
So I got my unlock token yesterday...but when I click the download link this is what I get. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution? I contacted oneplus over Twitter and they gave me the run around and told me to contact T-MOBILE. Ugh
Capture+_2021-05-15-11-08-10.png

Reactions: fuccsocc

Top Liked Posts