Question FYT/SYU UIS8581A android 10 headunit - obd2 doesnt work with canbus decoder connected - plz help

Search This thread

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
I have lately installed an android headunit purchased from a local reseller on my Mazda CX-3 2018
the unit needs a canbus decoder to interface with the original car settings. and everything working fine besides the OBD2 port
when the canbus decoder is disconnected - obd2 works (connection to ecu is succesfull)
once the decoder is connected - all car canbus stuff work , but obd2 stopps working! - getting power but cannot connect to ecu

after going back to the seller he found out that the harness that is connecting to the canbus decoder is sending both canbus info and obd2 on the same wire (wtf!??!!?)

we found a single wire thats when connected - allows canbus connection to the headunit but kills obd2
once disconnected - no canbus to headunit but the obd2 returns to life..

Did anyone encounter such an issue before?

this is the closest product to what I have that I was able to find online -

p.s if more info is needed ill be happy to provide it

thank you :)

Attachments

• IMG_20221202_142857.jpg
    IMG_20221202_142857.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20221202_142847.jpg
    IMG_20221202_142847.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 101

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
I would have thought the error was either in the canbus decoder or the car's own canbus. Which Canbus decoder have you been supplied with, if you google its name and Mazda CX-3 do any clues come up with others having similar issues.

Sometimes these Canbus decoders work better with the head unit set to a different model or year. So pick another Mazda model or year of CX-3 and see if the issue is fixed.

Reactions: crimsonSP
I just installed an android headunit purchased from a local reseller on my Mazda CX-3 2018

the unit requires a canbus decoder to interact with the original car setup. and everything works fine apart from the OBD2 port

when canbus decoder is disconnected - obd2 works (connection to ecu is successful)

once decoder connected - all car canbus stuff works, but obd2 stopped working! - getting power but unable to connect to ecu

after returning to the seller he found that the harness connected to the canbus decoder was sending canbus and obd2 info on the same wire (wtf!??!!?)

we found one cable connected - allows canbus connection to headunit but turns off obd2

after disconnect - no canbus to headunit but obd2 is on again..

Has anyone encountered such a problem before?

this is the closest product to what i have that i can find online -

ps if more info is needed i will be happy to provide it

Thank you:)
is it still connected when installing the original dvd???

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
I would have thought the error was either in the canbus decoder or the car's own canbus. Which Canbus decoder have you been supplied with, if you google its name and Mazda CX-3 do any clues come up with others having similar issues.

Sometimes these Canbus decoders work better with the head unit set to a different model or year. So pick another Mazda model or year of CX-3 and see if the issue is fixed.
It seems to be a general mazda profile... Photo attached
I can try to select other car manufacturers, but do I need to stay within BNR manufacturer ?
Can it be possible a special decoder is needed for my car model?!

Google came up with nothing that sounds similar.. :(

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_173056.jpg
    IMG_20221129_173056.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
you mean the dvd drive ? its a separate module on my car then the screen.

the original dvd is connected - the original screen is not
I have an atermarket android head unit installed that needs canbus decoder to control car steering wheel buttons and all other canbus related stuff

it is enough the original car harness is disconnected from the decoder and obd2 works

maksudnya dvd drivenya? ini adalah modul terpisah di mobil saya lalu layarnya.

dvd asli terhubung - layar aslinya tidak
Saya memasang head unit android atermarket yang membutuhkan dekoder canbus untuk mengontrol tombol roda kemudi mobil dan semua hal terkait canbus lainnya

cukup cabut harness mobil asli dari decoder dan obd2 berfungsi
I had a failure while installing the android screen in my Mazda CX 3. Then I removed the original Mazda DVD connector that was still connected and the result is that everything works fine

• Wow
aku mengerti kamu!!!!! dvd saya terhubung .. saya akan mencoba untuk memutuskan dan memperbarui!!
teman saya, terima kasih atas harapan baru:)
Yes, the DVD and monitor are separate. The Mazda unit consists of 3 parts including monitor, dvd, radio & amp. when the acc is active the ecu will read these 3 components, whereas when we plug in the android monitor we unplug it and connect the cable for the monitor and radio only then the dvd part is not touched at all, sorry my brother used translate it might be a bit confusing my words

Attachments

• mazda 3 radio pinout.jpg
    mazda 3 radio pinout.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
Yes, the DVD and monitor are separate. The Mazda unit consists of 3 parts including monitor, dvd, radio & amp. when the acc is active the ecu will read these 3 components, whereas when we plug in the android monitor we unplug it and connect the cable for the monitor and radio only then the dvd part is not touched at all, sorry my brother used translate it might be a bit confusing my words
I believe I understand you very good :)
I just confirmed the dvd player is connected
and is actually working with the headunit withing "car settings" app..
but I will gladly give it up for obd2 !!

Im taking the car back the the shop - they planned to get every available harness for the canbas decoder and test it one by one until one works 100%
I will ask them to try disconnecting the dvd :)

Reactions: avtintellegent

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
do you have the video...?? what kind of problem do you have
no I do not have a video..
but I think the issue is with the canbus decoder.
there seems to be a specific decoder model for this car model
the issue is the OBD2 port doesnt read ECU (it is getting power - and canbus voltages are good)

do you have a canbus decoder installed ?
if yes do you have an idea which model it is?

crimsonSP

Dec 2, 2022
I've been using the BNR decoder canbus so far and have had no problems. when encountering problems, simply removing the original DVD connector immediately worked without problems
wow.. I was really hoping another decoder will solve it.. now im not so sure :(
is there a chance you can send a picture of the decoder? (fully understand if it a hassle.. :))
are you using the mazda-all-all preset for BNR ?

oh I think I may be still using the mazda amplifier.
I have not installed an aftermarket amp and some cables are going to a harness on the passenger side which I believe is responsible for backup camera and speakers
have you disabled this also ?

wow .. Saya sangat berharap decoder lain akan menyelesaikannya .. sekarang saya tidak begitu yakin:(
apakah ada kemungkinan Anda dapat mengirim gambar decoder? (sepenuhnya mengerti jika itu merepotkan .. :))
apakah Anda menggunakan preset mazda-all-all untuk BNR?

oh saya pikir saya mungkin masih menggunakan amplifier mazda.
Saya belum memasang amp aftermarket dan beberapa kabel akan dipasang di sisi penumpang yang menurut saya bertanggung jawab untuk kamera cadangan dan speaker
sudahkah Anda menonaktifkan ini juga?
s I just deactivated the original DVD only. for other features it works fine

Attachments

• 16705739384124133315528846955547.jpg
    16705739384124133315528846955547.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 30
  • 16705739821392740293730982216529.jpg
    16705739821392740293730982216529.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 1670574058941890709628072598225.jpg
    1670574058941890709628072598225.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 16705741035414678271725530875169.jpg
    16705741035414678271725530875169.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just installed an android headunit purchased from a local reseller on my Mazda CX-3 2018

the unit requires a canbus decoder to interact with the original car setup. and everything works fine apart from the OBD2 port

when canbus decoder is disconnected - obd2 works (connection to ecu is successful)

once decoder connected - all car canbus stuff works, but obd2 stopped working! - getting power but unable to connect to ecu

after returning to the seller he found that the harness connected to the canbus decoder was sending canbus and obd2 info on the same wire (wtf!??!!?)

we found one cable connected - allows canbus connection to headunit but turns off obd2

after disconnect - no canbus to headunit but obd2 is on again..

Has anyone encountered such a problem before?

this is the closest product to what i have that i can find online -

ps if more info is needed i will be happy to provide it

Thank you:)
    aku mengerti kamu!!!!! dvd saya terhubung .. saya akan mencoba untuk memutuskan dan memperbarui!!
    teman saya, terima kasih atas harapan baru:)
    I believe I understand you very good :)
    I just confirmed the dvd player is connected
    and is actually working with the headunit withing "car settings" app..
    but I will gladly give it up for obd2 !!

Im taking the car back the the shop - they planned to get every available harness for the canbas decoder and test it one by one until one works 100%
    I will ask them to try disconnecting the dvd :)