Question G cam

Search This thread

skarlight

Sep 19, 2018
Hey pals,

I also looked into finding the best GCam for my A52s and found that the BSG's 8.1 version worked the most with example configs taken from this thread (alongside setting Session IDs for modules and video modules to 61448).
This version has a working video feature too (no slow-mo) and photo taking.

I also tried newer versions and while their photo-capturing features were good, all of them were lacking video capturing as the app crashed upon trying to switch over.

MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b

aka_jester

Jun 28, 2023
Moto E 2015
Moto G4 Play
If you don't want oversharpening and accurate colors I recommend LMC with the Metal config.
In that LMC version also everything works (including a very nice night mode, not sure about astro mode).

I link to my comment from November 2022 (referencing files from October and September), so old stuff. Since then I have not upgraded my gcam versions because I am happy with them (I mostly use MGC, but that is oversharpened and overcolored which I personnally like).
Hey folks, could really use some help here! I've been using LMC 8.4_R14 + Metal config (with a bit tweaks from my end) as suggested by @sanderbos (Thanks a lot buddy, it works way better than anything I tried on my own), it does good but still not quite what I expected as I was used to natural and crisp images from my old phone, for the most part I've now only been using gcam for the RAW output and doing a hectic job of editing it post capture for good image quality.

Which GCAM do you guys suggest could give a close to pixel like photos (natural colours, sharpness and saturation without the Samsung's oil painting look) and a decent enough night mode. Running on October 23 patch.

(Still photography is the only priority here, it doesn't even matter if other features like slow mo, astrophotography, ultrawide, timelapse don't work).

PiRaTe1904

Dec 1, 2023
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Need the best suited gcam and config file for the latest 8.9 bsg gcam version
Note: i am using pixel experience plus and have rooted my phone

Need it urgently so any kind of help will be appreciated...i think i might try something on my own as well so if i find the best one in my own I'll upload it here as well

Last edited:
Hey folks, could really use some help here! I've been using LMC 8.4_R14 + Metal config (with a bit tweaks from my end) as suggested by @sanderbos (Thanks a lot buddy, it works way better than anything I tried on my own), it does good but still not quite what I expected as I was used to natural and crisp images from my old phone, for the most part I've now only been using gcam for the RAW output and doing a hectic job of editing it post capture for good image quality.

Which GCAM do you guys suggest could give a close to pixel like photos (natural colours, sharpness and saturation without the Samsung's oil painting look) and a decent enough night mode. Running on October 23 patch.

(Still photography is the only priority here, it doesn't even matter if other features like slow mo, astrophotography, ultrawide, timelapse don't work).
Then youshould try this one.
It has accurate colors unlike LMC, but lower detail.

Found this on a Reddit Thread and thought I could share here and add some of my own ideas, it's the only GCam port I've actually gotten to work on my device and I've been struggling to find a working APK for about a year now.

If the links ever do go down, I'm also attatching the config and APK to this post just in case. You can find them underneath this post

Instructions - Loading premade Config File

1. Go to the download page for the BSG GCam port and download the MGC_8.5.300_A10_V9_scan3d APK
2. Install and open the APK
3. After opening GCam, it will "freeze" on the viewfinder, this is normal for when loading with the incorrect config.
4. Download the GCam Config I made for the Galaxy A52s 5G
5. Open GCam again and tap the settings icon at the top of the screen, and click More Settings
6. Scroll to the bottom until you find Configs, tap it and load the .xml file config you just downloaded
7. All done! This should work for most people, however if you encounter any issues, or your viewfinder still freezes, continue to the troubleshooting section of this post

Troubleshooting - Manual Configuration

If the config file didn't work for you, this is so you can manually configure your settings to make GCam work correctly.

1. Tap on the Settings Icon at the top and go to More Settings and tap Configuration of Modes, tap Hardware level and change it to Level 3
2. Set all 4 camera modules to Session ID 61448, even if it already says so under Session ID. Do this by tapping the camera module name (e.g. Back 0.5), and then tapping Session ID and typing in 61448, then confirming, going back and repeating for all 4 modules.

Optional: While you're there, I recommend turning on Fast switch Photo and Video modes, to improve your experience in GCam

3. Go out of Configuration of modes and scroll down to the Photos section, tap on Camera Photo Resolution and set it to Max resolution

Optional:
Under the Photos section, you'll find Video Stabilization, I personally disable this purely because it crops in the video, making the quality worse overall

4. Go out of settings and back to the settings icon at the top, make sure you're on photo mode, and disable Top Shot, this saves a low quality "Live Photo" every time you take a photo and it wastes space and doesn't look any good
5. Go on video mode and to the settings icon on the top, I recommend you use either 1080p@60 or 4K@30, you'll see an option for 4K@60 but it will not work for obvious reasons (Snapdragon 778G doesn't support 4K@60 encoding)
6. Close the app and close it full in the app switcher just to be sure, then reopen you should be all set and everything should work now

Optional: Save your own config in a safe place by going to the Configs section again and saving this time rather than loading

KNOWN ISSUES:

Slow Motion Video doesn't work
4K@60 doesn't work (and will never work, SOC limitations)

Other:

Don't ask whether this will also work on the regular A52/A52 5G, because I don't know, but feel free to try it out and comment your results

I also don't know if this works under Custom ROMs, but again as I said, feel free to test out and report your results. I don't see why it wouldn't work

Found this on a Reddit Thread and thought I could share here and add some of my own ideas, it's the only GCam port I've actually gotten to work on my device and I've been struggling to find a working APK for about a year now.

If the links ever do go down, I'm also attatching the config and APK to this post just in case. You can find them underneath this post

Instructions - Loading premade Config File

1. Go to the download page for the BSG GCam port and download the MGC_8.5.300_A10_V9_scan3d APK
2. Install and open the APK
3. After opening GCam, it will "freeze" on the viewfinder, this is normal for when loading with the incorrect config.
4. Download the GCam Config I made for the Galaxy A52s 5G
5. Open GCam again and tap the settings icon at the top of the screen, and click More Settings
6. Scroll to the bottom until you find Configs, tap it and load the .xml file config you just downloaded
7. All done! This should work for most people, however if you encounter any issues, or your viewfinder still freezes, continue to the troubleshooting section of this post

Troubleshooting - Manual Configuration

If the config file didn't work for you, this is so you can manually configure your settings to make GCam work correctly.

1. Tap on the Settings Icon at the top and go to More Settings and tap Configuration of Modes, tap Hardware level and change it to Level 3
2. Set all 4 camera modules to Session ID 61448, even if it already says so under Session ID. Do this by tapping the camera module name (e.g. Back 0.5), and then tapping Session ID and typing in 61448, then confirming, going back and repeating for all 4 modules.

Optional: While you're there, I recommend turning on Fast switch Photo and Video modes, to improve your experience in GCam

3. Go out of Configuration of modes and scroll down to the Photos section, tap on Camera Photo Resolution and set it to Max resolution

Optional:
Under the Photos section, you'll find Video Stabilization, I personally disable this purely because it crops in the video, making the quality worse overall

4. Go out of settings and back to the settings icon at the top, make sure you're on photo mode, and disable Top Shot, this saves a low quality "Live Photo" every time you take a photo and it wastes space and doesn't look any good
5. Go on video mode and to the settings icon on the top, I recommend you use either 1080p@60 or 4K@30, you'll see an option for 4K@60 but it will not work for obvious reasons (Snapdragon 778G doesn't support 4K@60 encoding)
6. Close the app and close it full in the app switcher just to be sure, then reopen you should be all set and everything should work now

Optional: Save your own config in a safe place by going to the Configs section again and saving this time rather than loading

KNOWN ISSUES:

Slow Motion Video doesn't work
4K@60 doesn't work (and will never work, SOC limitations)

Other:

Don't ask whether this will also work on the regular A52/A52 5G, because I don't know, but feel free to try it out and comment your results

I also don't know if this works under Custom ROMs, but again as I said, feel free to test out and report your results. I don't see why it wouldn't work though
wait but 1440p 60 (qhd) should be supported by 778g right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I actually got something working on A52s, thanks to a comment from Windoors here:

You have to change the Photo Session, and no I have no idea what that is or what the values below actually mean.

To make it concrete, here is how I got GCam working on the A52s (emphasis on 'S'):

- Download and install
    I picked the ruler package name version
    - Load luke-A52-BSG-GV1.xml from the configs section of the URL above (location of file does not matter, double tap next to shutter button and select it).
    - Now you have a camera app that freezes up after 3 seconds on A52s (you can still take pictures before that freeze)
    - Go to the Settings, then
    Modules
    Back (1.0)
    Session of photo modes (near the bottom of the list)
    Photo
    and enter the value 61448
    Then do the same for
    Settings / Modules / Back (1.0) / Session of photo modes / Portrait / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Back (1.0) / Session of photo modes / Night Sight / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Back (0.5) / Session of photo modes / Photo / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Back (0.5) / Session of photo modes / Portrait / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Back (0.5) / Session of photo modes / Night Sight / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.0) / Session of photo modes / Photo / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.0) / Session of photo modes / Portrait / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.0) / Session of photo modes / Night Sight / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.2) / Session of photo modes / Photo / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.2) / Session of photo modes / Portrait / 61448
    Settings / Modules / Front (1.2) / Session of photo modes / Night Sight / 61448

And presto working GCam with all camera's working, both for photos and videos.
    When I first wrote this post I was just glad to have something working, but now many months later I can say this 'recipe' has been what I have been using for many months (I have now switched, see my message from Feb 6 2022 in this thread, but if you're starting out I recommend the way described here).

If you want to try it with other GCam versions, that 'Session' value is stored in different locations.
    For instance in Gcam-8.1.101.build-V6.2.211013 from Arnova8G2 it is under Settings|Advanced|Stream Config|Enable OPMode and then set it for Main
    and in MGC_8.3.252_V0e it is under Settings|Photo modes session config|Session ID
    But both of these versions at least initially appear to have less stability and features, so I am at least for continuing to experiment with MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1u for now.
    Hello,

I have been messing with the configs in more detail, and really felt a need to share what I learned, and I thought I would just do it here in a very very long comment, because I feel at least some readers here might be interested in messing with configurations. Feel free to ignore this message :)

Introduction
    This message is about starting a GCam configuration from scratch. As you can read from other comments in this thread by me I have been using A52s + MGC 8.1+luke-A52-BSG-GV1.xml+sessionid fix since October, and was generally happy with it. But I was annoyed some pictures I took of Family failed over Christmas (white faces in dimly lit environment were too red because of over-saturation, easily fixed 'in post' but then I had already send the pictures around....).

So what I wanted to get away from was from this custom configuration whose origin I did not know and changes I did not understand, and I wanted to stay closer to the default Google/ MGC configuration, hoping it would work better in all kinds of scenarios.

Whenever I talk about 'Luke' here I mean luke-A52-BSG-GV1.xml which is the recommended A52 config on celsoazevedo. I do not have a lot of experience with the Morgenman config that is also often recommended here and on Telegram.

On the GCam version I use: Since using GCam (4 years) I have always used MGC from BSG, so for me it is a 'trusted brand' and I don't look at other creators if I don't have to. At the time of writing the MGC 8.4 build does not have many of the features that the 8.1 series has. For a very long time the later 8.1 versions had an annoying toast message which made me stuck on an older version. But thankfully, on May 25 2022 after many months MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2a was released, which when I write this is the latest and has no downsides it appears.

The basics of getting MGC GCam working on A52s without a configuration file
    This is a very long message, but the core of what I wanted to share is that it is actually very easy to start your own configuration from scratch. I thought that you would have to set up hardware modules manually, or that there are extensive color configuration for individual phones, but neither of that is true. With just some small changes you can make it work and get really close to something like the Luke configuration:
    • To reset the configuration you can reinstall the app, but I found it is better to reset the app by deleting it's local storage from the Android app settings (on reinstall it can sometimes find the last settings, don't know how).
    • Go to Settings|Modules|module ...|Module hardware level, and set it to 'Level 3', do this for all 4 modules.
    • For A52s (on A52 it is not necessary), go to Settings|Modules|module ...|Session of photo modes, and set it to '61448', do this for all 4 modules. (For MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1y and later now you now have to set it three times per module)
    • There is one less important thing, under Settings|Modules|Back 1.0|Manual focus, you may want to change the manual focus distances (only the Back 1.0 camera module has variable focus). There is a measurement debug tool on that page. based on that I have now set Near=14 (that is one beyond what you can focus up close), Far=1 (that is about one meter), Infinity=0 (by the way Far and Infinity are set very different in Luke and Morgenman).
    • Added 16-3-2022: Even though using the Google Whitebalance setting is 'dangerous', you can make it a lot better by changing Settings|Modules|Back 1.0 and Back 0.5|AWB Correction|AWB For to 'Sony IMX_682_OFILM'.
    • Added 22-3-2022: On A52 you can apparently use the Macro camera module, but on my A52s that does not appear to work. So A52 (non 's') users can go to Settings|Modules|WhiteList and set it to 54.
    • Added 28-5-2022: You may want to enable to Settings|Globa|lHide save message

And with just those changes you are extremely close to the quality of Luke in my opinion. I was actually shocked by this o_O

So then I took literally 400+ comparison photos, comparing both many configurations and many 'scenes'. My goal was achieved because I wanted to run a very basic config, but I wanted to make sure of course that the photos were at least about as good as the Luke config I was using before.
    So I did a lot of comparisons with the Luke config (you can install GCam multiple times if you use the different package names, I used the scan3d and ruler packages at the same time). But I also compared different settings within the gcam app.

Noise noise noise
    I thought I would be looking a lot at colors, but as it turns out I was looking mostly at noise. From what I found, you have to choose for either:
    - more detail with more noise,
    - or less noise but then also less detail.
    The relevant settings are under Settings|Modules|Your favorite module|Image Processing|Noise Settings
    (You have to enable the RAM patcher to use this. This is the mechanism in MGC GCam with which you can apply extra 'live' processing on the images beyond what stock Google Camera does)
    There are different settings related to noise. The most relevant option appears to be "Noise Model Blocker", if you change that option to Unblock you get:
    a) More detail in the images, images becomes sharper (less soft) and small details become visible.
    b) More noise (grain) in the images, generally speaking especially in shadows.

I attached two sample comparisons related to noise.
    In the night shot comparison (shot with night sight mode) you can see that there are more details visible when "Noise Model Blocker" is set to Unblock, more waves in the water, some structure of the bricks in brick walls, and correct branches in the tree on the right. I would say turning noise settings on in that scenario really helps.
    In the 500% crop of a picture of a plant in the other comparison, you can see that the shadow cast on furthest leaf contains a ton of grain, except in the fourth picture there the shadow is way more smooth. That smoothness is in part caused by an overall softness in the image, but I much prefer it.

Both the Luke as well as the Morgenman configuration set Noise Model Blocker to Unblock, turn on Activating Noise Models. So they go for more detail and more noise. They also set a modified noise model which is meant to reduce noise, see 2 paragraphs below.
    But I am choosing to keep those noise parameters off, leading to less noise in the images but also less detail and more softness. It means that I do not use the RAM patcher at all, which means I stay closer to GCam defaults, which was my original goal.

Since the ultrawide camera on the A52s is technically quite bad, I would always keep those noise options off for the ultrawide cam, so you get less noise. There it is not a matter of taste in my opinion (but Morgenman and Luke have the noise parameters turned on in the RAM patcher section).

Update 2022-5-25: Today I learned a bit about noise modellers. You can too, by reading here. But the gist is that different camera sensors hardware that have different kinds of noise, and what you can do then is go through a complex process to determine how noise behaves in your sensor, and derive a model with 4x4=16 config values which can be presented in a .c file. There is a google drive folder where such files have been collected for different sensors. In both the Morgenman and Luke config the noise model values for the IMX682 sensor taken from the file 'A52_imx682_0_noise_model - AbOuLfOoOoOuF.c' from that Google drive folder have been entered manually under Settings|Modules|Back 1.0|Image processing|Noise Settings|Modified Noise Model.
    I found this out three months after I creating the config described here, and at the moment I have absolutely zero intention of applying this learned knowledge to my config(s), for the simple reason is that noise is not really an issue for me. Hilariously, not every A52s phone has the same camera sensor for the main camera, so entering the Sony IMX682 values may not even be right for you, because you may have a Samsung S5KGW1 sensor instead. You can find out about finding out your sensors here.

Other findings
    Here some other things I learned (these are of course personal subjective observations, but I was very surprised by many things):
    • I thought that in the end I would turn on more saturation again, to make pictures more colorful, but I did not feel the need (I am talking about Settings|Modules|e.g. back 1.0|Image Processing|Main settings|e.g. Saturation These are probably the RAM Patcher settings you would be most likely to customize for personal taste but I did not feel the need to touch them.
    • I always used HDR+ Enhanced, but now that I did an extensive comparison, I could not see any difference in any picture where there was at least somewhat decent light with regular HDR+. And in very low light all it really did was make some dark parts of the photo more bright (but not more detailed). I intentionally went with many samples with a darkened subject and bright sky, so lots of dynamic range, but never saw any benefit to HDR+ Enhanced. So I am not using HDR+ Enhanced anymore, I am going to switch to (the faster regular) HDR+.
      Edit 2022/3/6: I have now found that in some scenarios, specifically a dark room with a large window with sunlight on the outdoors HDR+ Enhanced can make a difference. But I still never encountered such a situation outside.
    • I also played with setting Settings|Module|Back 1.0|Frames HDR+ enhanced to much higher values. And again no difference seen, apart from taking longer to take a picture, and some dark objects being slightly lighter but not more detailed.
    • Even when pixel peeping at individual pixels, so zoomed all the way in, I could not see a difference between JPEG 95% and JPEG 100% compression. The extra storage (those 5% extra mean more than double the file size) is no problem for me, but I just cannot see a difference so I am going to stick to the default 95%.
    • I also took this opportunity to play more with RAW files. Those extra DNG files you can get look so different from the JPEG files with so much more detail in them. And they are 'free' extras apart from storage. But the problem is that they do not have all the color corrections that GCam applies to the JPEGs. So in practice they will never be as good as the JPEGs, only if photos are way too dark or overexposed (because with RAWs you can then still 'recover' shadows/ highlights by just changing exposure, that part also really works as with RAWs on real cameras). But GCam never really messes up the exposure. Only if I take a lot of photos at night (so really dark) or if you take pictures on a very bright day (so with chance of blowing out the sky) might it be useful to turn on RAW (DNG) storage just in case, but I doubt I will ever use those files in real life.

Config files with the configurations discussed in this message
    Since the whole point of this long comment is to encourage you to try create your own configuration, I should not share mine. But for completeness and self containedness I will share my new config (so I am switching to my own config now).
    I am on Samsung Galaxy A52s with Android 12, using this MGC Gcam MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2a version:
    (I use the ruler version but probably they all work)

You can load one of the attached xml configs by double tapping next to the shutter button, or using the drop down menu at the top, then Settings|Configs|Load.
    I added two configs to this message:
    • mgc8.1-A52s-barebones.xml - A configuration with the absolute minimum changes to get MGC Gcam working on A52s, but for the rest all defaults from GCam and MGC, so no personal preferences of some random person just what is needed to get it working on A52s.
    • sander-mgc8.1-20220528.xml - My actual current configuration, which has the mostly the same image quality settings as the barebones version above, but with many changes in other mostly user interface preferences, and with the changes described below.
    Addendum 2022/3/6: One month later:
    • I updated my attached config, still mostly as it was when I wrote this in February except for the changes described below (exposure compensation +2 and "Frames HDR+" set to 14 instead of default).
    • The 'Google Auto Whitebalance' feature is somewhat problematic. But I describe above setting it to IMX682 and then it appears to be a lot better. Apparently the A52s comes with different camera modules, so it's best to try it out by making a photo a day with a blue sky, with the Google AWB on and off the sky should be the exact same blue in both cases (for me that is the case though). The safer option is to never turn on Google AWB...
    • I am still experimenting with the best value for Settings|Modules|Back 1.0 and 0.5|Exposure compensation. For the ultra-wide it appears that +3 (or even higher) is definitely better. For the Main camera I have now set it to +2, but for certain situations +3 is better. Esepcially in sunny situations the Samsung stock app will go for an exposure like '+3', and brighter looks usually nicer then. Use +3 if you want to mimic the Samsung app exposure wise, use +2 (or less) if you want to be more accurate.
    • In very specific situations, being my living room when my window is in the shot and it is Sunny outside, I can actually see a very noticable difference with the HDR+ Enhanced mode, that the outside world in the window in pictures is not overexposed. So in darker indoors situations with a Window to the outside world, it can be useful to turn HDR+ Enhanced on, and I changed Settings|Modules|Back 1.0||Frames HDR+ Enhanced to 14 because I will turn it on only in exceptional situations and then I can see the difference between 7 and 14 frames (but not really between 14 and 28 frames).
    • With later MGC 8.1 revision, when using 16:9 aspect ratio which I guess only I do, it appears that it is necessary to set Settings|Advanced|Photo resolution camera to 'Identical RAW' to get a 12MP 16:9 resolution.
    That's great news, I believe the Morgenman is just the Luke config+ the fix so you don't have to do it manually in settings. ( Haven't confirmed that but it seems like it)

Just for completeness, that is not true.
    They are surely based on one each other, but if you look with a diff tool at these files you see a lot of small differences in all kinds of areas of the configuration.

I think the Morgenman file is meant to be used with the Morgenman .so library file, but everybody who uses that config seems to use it without that library :sneaky:
    (I also now tried the morgenman xml file linked above in the comment from January 10, so can now confirm it works on A52s+Android 12 :) (without the Morgenman extra library))

It is true that Morgenman config includes the Photo Session Fix so will work out of the box on A52s.

Now that I have used the luke config a number of months and made small personal adjustments, I would say the most 'controversial' aspect of the Luke config is that it increases the saturation by a lot:
    Settings|Modules|Back 1.0| Image Processing|Main Settings|Saturation
    is set to 1.25, and that leads to very colorful pictures but I found that when I took pictures of white people in dimly lit environments it makes their faces really red.
    Just for that reason alone Morgenman (which has that value set to a more modest 1.0625) may be a better starting point.
    I tried entering 61448 on the three options and it started working!
    Thanks a lot and sorry for wasting your time!
    Btw do you suggest to tweak anything else for better processing? Like the interface or HDRNet?

That is great....

I only really made small changes, so not an expert here. And I have been using GCam for several years now but only in the last months did I feel a need to change anything.

So I think actually the most relevant things you can do is go to Modules|your favorite module|Image processing|Main settings Because both Luke and Morgenman changed stuff there and for many options it is clear what

But since you asked I will share my config (attached), of course you cannot use that config with your version :p

But I will also describe what I changed so that you can see it's very little:
    - So it's based on luke-A52-BSG-GV1.xml
    - I shoot with 16:9 so that is probably the first thing you want to change back to 4:3 :)
    - With 61448 entered for session of photo modes so that the preview does not freeze (A52s fix)
    - Dialed down the saturation from what Luke does (from 1.25 to 1.125), I like more saturation but it made my niece and nephews (white) faces way too red, that is under Settings|Modules|Back 1.0| Image Processing|Main Settings|Saturation (I think I also may have reduced sharpness a little bit on the same page, I have it now set to 1.125).
    - Disabled hints for framing (main settings page) because that horizon leveling indicator does simply not work...
    - Set DNG to compressed (Global settings) and added option to switch between RAW (DNG) and JPEG in the dropdown menu (but DNG is not enabled in the config, just made it easier to turn it on, DNG is a mixed bag, but it's fun to experiment because the pictures are so different without JPEG).
    - Changed JPEG quality (Global settings) to 98% (I now see that in luke it is set to 100 so I reduced it? In the end it probably does not matter, picture quality is not going to be affected a lot JPEG compression itself)
    - Changed some astro mode settings (mostly Modules|Back 1.0||Astro max exposure time to 16 seconds). But maybe that is not wise, I actually had an opportunity to make astro photos in a really dark night and GCam saw thousands of stars but the result still sucked, and that could be on me (e.g. forgot to turn on DNG storage).
    - Turned on H.265 support (Store videos effeciently option in advanced settings). Means video files are half the size without quality loss, and are a pain to work with.

Still to play with but not tested yet, I am also intreaged to try out Modules|Back 1.0|Frames HDR+ Enhanced.

Edit: Let me make this comment more self contained by adding that I use this on A52s (works on Android 11 and 12) in combination with this GCam version:
    First thank you for sharing your XML 👍🏼
    Short question:
    What else did you adjust in your gcam settings/XML except the fix for a52s?

I actually go into way too much detail into that here.

For the actual changes, in that post there is a bullet list near the top with changes made just to get it working properly, and then there is another bullet list near the bottom with more smaller changes I made.

And then there are a lot of personal preferences like no shutter sound, 3x3 grid overlay, h265 video recording.

But comparing to the many many many settings you can change, the changes from the defaults are extremely minimal (and if you want to have an even more barebones config with just the changes needed, I provide that config file there as well).