g-visual mod for full screen under 11

nindustrial

Aug 28, 2013
Anyone got this magisk module working (or any other full-screen mod) under 11 on the 4a? Would love to use the notch area when using various reading apps (including Chrome)!

nindustrial

Aug 28, 2013
It seems to be working now but I'm still not able to get full screen reading in Chrome and other apps due to lack of a proper immersive mode. This app seems to work but a bit kludgy:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Anyone got this magisk module working (or any other full-screen mod) under 11 on the 4a? Would love to use the notch area when using various reading apps (including Chrome)!
I had a look into this today, and it appears that the area across where the hole punch for the camera lies, which also acts as the status bar, can only be used if the app itself is modified for this. I *think* i saw one app that extended into this area.

Using the following coode, one can set immersice mode for specific apps. I tested on A11 with no nav, and all it did was change the colour of the status bar. But it was still there. I also tried an app that has the option to hide the status bar, and I think it hid the clock etc, but the area reserved for the status bar was still unused.

The commands I played with were:
Code:
settings put global policy_control immersive.full=diamondjohndroid.utility.temefi;

settings get global policy_control;

#start the app, but only status bar colour changes

# undo the change
settings delete global policy_control;

Last edited: