• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

G2 Loose Hinge / User Accessible Memory Correlation

Please choose the option that best represents your device.

• Hinge Solid; 4 GB User Addressable Storage

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Hinge Loose; 4 GB User Addressable Storage

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Hinge Solid; 1.5 GB User Addressable Storage

Votes: 80 32.9%
  • Hinge Loose; 1.5 GB User Addressable Storage

Votes: 153 63.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

daijizai

Oct 27, 2005
Attempting to correlate data on the relation of the loose hinge issue to the wrong NAND size issue being reported by forum users. Love to get some input on your experience if you have a G2 in hand.

AndreasA88

Sep 30, 2010
Would be nice if someone could post a video demonstrating the loose hinge problem. Does the screen stay put when the keyboard is out? If the hinge swings open when you drop it, woudnt that make it more fragile?

daijizai

Oct 27, 2005

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
as more people get them we will see what is going on with that, if someone would come into my store and ask what was up i could call CC, or someone else could call and ask what the issue is with the hinge/storage. i refuse to believe that the ROM takes up that much space, and with the partition breakdown i saw in the other thread this could be an issue

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
I wonder what complete abortion of logic led to the OP thinking that a loose hinge might have any connection at all with internal memory. The hip bone's connected to the... brain bone?

Droidz

Oct 28, 2009
There is no "solid" hinge they will all do the loose hinge thing, its a hinge without any springs or anything to hold it back, in other words the Z Hinge is free floating, that's why when u put it upside down like in the videos, the top screen basically floats because of gravity. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App