G2 Mini receiving Android L Update?

Search This thread

nfsmurilo

May 31, 2012
Araruama
@Diegouk Still 5.0.2!!! nothing different, just bugfixes... @ricolhaw I haven't make any phone calls so ain't tested yet this.

The most signficant thing i have notice it's the smoothness, no memory leak so far! way better than 20b!

Last edited:

Mimisf

May 10, 2015
will an update be for d620r too?it is good,but i want an update that fixes some bugs

Diegouk

May 15, 2013
Method to root new version? I try kingroot, and lg one click and i cant do it, someone knows another? Thnx a lot

Enviado desde mi LG-D618 mediante Tapatalk

bombaglad

Dec 14, 2014
Bratislava
i know that google will release 5.1.1 for lg g2 and g3 but didn't know that it's for g2 mini too :good:

have you read the whole article? it's not google who release sw updates for OEM's phones... i guess the guy from lg support doesn't even know the difference between 5.0.2 and 5.1.1.... i wouldn't be to excited about this "news"

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Forums

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Context missed.

i get even better battery life on cm11 :)
    But this thread is not about CM11.
    lollipop update

most of you probably have this information.. but for those who don't, i've got some great news :) a few days ago i contacted lg official support and asked them about the plans of delivering lollipop to our beloved g2 mini. i got assured that THERE WILL BE AN OFFICAL LOLLIPOP UPDATE some time over the next few months. they haven't set any exact dates yet but this information really made my day :)

Do you know what a memory leak is?

You are right when you say that multitasking is bad on stock LG L.
    But that doesn't mean there is a memory leak.

A memory leak is when a program uses more and more memory and doesn't free it.
    After some time this program will use all your ram and the phone will get unusable.

My D620 runs stock android L now for a week and there is no sign of a memory leak.
    If you don't have any evidence please stop saying that we have a memory leak.

Multitasking is bad but because that every app starts fast and is super fluent.
    That is all I need.

If you want to use excessive multitasking read the dev thread about swap. Then you can use up to 10 apps at the same time.

To CM11, yes it is fast and you can use multitasking out of the box.
    But we have so many bugs with it for our phone that i gave up the development.
    I know others with more time fixed some of them and i tested CM11 and CM12 and there are still a lot of bugs in both.

So it is to every to take their own decision.

With L stock I'm 100% satisfied, having no random reboots at all.

Cheers.
    I found a screenshot of answer from lg and...
    update for D618 is ready and will be released at the end of april
    so, update for D620 should be ready too =)
    vb5GcvT8FCM.jpg
    I found a (Greek) article about when certain devices will get Lollipop. The information there is confirmed.
    NBUDWOo.jpg

"G2 Mini - March/April"

Sent from my D620r [Stock 4.4.2]