G2 Quick launch replacements (Google Now home ring)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview.jpg

APPS

ql-google-small.png QuickLaunchGoogle:
    Opens GoogleSearch. [ ! ] "com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox" app required (it should come pre-installed, but you can also get it from the store).

ql-camera-small.png QuickLaunchCamera:
    Opens the camera.

ql-lock-small.png QuickLaunchLock:
    Locks the screen.

ql-recentapps-small.png QuickLaunchRecentApps:
    Opens recent apps view. [ ! ] "factory.widgets.recentapps" app required (search it in the store).

ql-quickmemo-small.png QuickLaunchQuickMemo:
    Opens QuickMemo. [ ! ] "LG QuickMemo" app required (pre-installed on stock LG ROMS).

ql-maps-small.png QuickLaunchMaps:
    Opens GoogleMaps. [ ! ] "com.google.android.apps.maps" app required (search it in the store, is the official maps app).​

FAQ

The quick launch ring remained unchanged. Why?
    These apps are only that, plain simple apps, they doesn't modify the quick launch ring. To customize it I used "it.ptoti.g2_tweaksbox" app (search it in the store, root & xposed required).

I want to uninstall the QuickLaunchLock app but I cant. How I do it?
    Go to "System settings > General > PERSONAL > Security > PHONE ADMINISTRATION > Phone administrators" And uncheck my Lock app from the list. After that you should be able to uninstall this app as usual.

The QuickLaunchXXX app doesn't work. Why?
    These apps rely on other apps to work, be sure that you have the required apps installed (check the red remarks on the post).​

Apks tested and builded for KitKat.
    Enjoy.
    I have installed the "QuickLaunchLock.apk" in an unrooted G2! of course quick launch ring remained unchanged. Now I'd like to uninstall it, but uninstall button is dimmed so I can't uninstall it. I'd be pleased if somebody could guide me how to uninstall it.

Go to "System settings > General > PERSONAL > Security > PHONE ADMINISTRATION > Phone administrators" And uncheck the Lock app from the list. After that you should be able to uninstall this app as usual.

You're welcome, the reason the quick launch ring remained unchanged it's because the only thing that the app does is lock the screen when you open the app, to customize the quick launch ring with the apps you want yo need to use xposed (root required) as described in the first post.