G4 Marshmallow Xposed Weather Fix

Search This thread

AlwaysOnTime

Mar 20, 2014
Hi, I can't get this fix to work. Can someone help?

I accidentally updated Weather in update center... my weather app would no longer start, but the widget was still working. so I downloaded this and followed the instructions. I deleted LGWeather and LGWeatherTheme. Then replaced the LGWeatherService file. Restarted phone, the widget is no longer working (just smart notice default now). Ok, so I go to install the LGWeather and LGWeatherTheme apk's directly. LGWeatherTheme installed, but LGWeather says "app not installed". What am i doing wrong?? I'm running Genysis 3.6 with xposed installed (v79). It sucks because now the home widget isn't working at all (at least it was still working before). Please help!

PS: My LGWeatherService folder did not have an oat and lib folders.
Edit: Wait was I supposed to "View" LGWeatherService and then delete lib and oat folders from inside?? And THEN overwrite? I did not do this, just overwrote the whole Apk. Was this a mistake??

Last edited:
Reactions: crisgen

AlwaysOnTime

Mar 20, 2014
I've fixed the problem. I used System App Safe Remover from the Play store to remove Weather and WeatherTheme. Then I used it to install the WeatherService, Weather and WeatherTheme apk's again. It worked!

Reactions: [Jaco69]

llaugerm

Nov 23, 2008
New York
I had it working on another LG G4. I received the replacement today and I haven't been unable to get the Weather Fix running. My weather force closes when the phone reboots or if I try to view the weather. I have xposed v80 and I had the v80 as well before. Any suggestions.

Top Liked Posts