• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

G4 Stuck in airplane mode

Search This thread

fuente_opusx

Aug 31, 2015
I have a G4 that refuses to come out of airplane mode. The device actually appears to be fine with the exception of no signal or data. It will work on WiFi. I have already used ##72786# and an actual ##RTN#. Still having the same issue. Brand new so i cant post pictures as of yet...

Reactions: rlhul699

TwelfthMan

Aug 3, 2014
I have a G4 that refuses to come out of airplane mode. The device actually appears to be fine with the exception of no signal or data. It will work on WiFi. I have already used ##72786# and an actual ##RTN#. Still having the same issue. Brand new so i cant post pictures as of yet...

IF you are still having issues with your phone PM me and we will get it back up and running, activated and all.

I believe I am having this exact problem, any help would be appreciated.

TwelfthMan

Aug 3, 2014
Are you both on Zv5 or Zv6 or which version? I am looking into this issue.... I am going to try to replicate your issue then see what's causing it, give me a couple hours to do some tests. Also are you both on Sprint?

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

- If you go into settings, then general, then system updates and update prl or update profile, does either do anything?? Have you pulled the battery, held Volume up and while holding vol up pressed power until you are in hard reset mode and reset it this way and had it go through setup again, including activation?

I just took the OTA to ZV6, everything worked perfect until after update. If I leave wifi on I can update prl and profile, if I switch it off the updates fail but the signal indicator stays empty. 3 other sprint phones in the house as well all working normally. I've also done a hard reset with volume+power, same result and I've flashed the zv6 tot with lg flash tool same result. I downloaded a app called lte discovery and it says that the radio is disabled.

Last edited:

TwelfthMan

Aug 3, 2014
Very odd. When you go into Settings, under Network, then Mobile Data and you select the 3 dots, you'll see "mobile networks" does everything look OK? As in "mobile data is checked, as well as "network mode" showing either Global or the other? Also do you have "Connections Optimizer" unchecked? Reflashing the tot file should have fixed any modem/radio issues you were having. I am still looking into your issue......

Also if you select "Activate this device" under Settings/General does it do anything??

When the phone first boots, right when it hits the lock screen "service disabled" is briefly on the screen then disappears. The signal indicator is blank like it has nothing at all. Settings>Network>Mobile Data checked, network is in global when I click connections optimizer it says "setup has not yet finished" This is the current situation after flashing zv6 tot. If I go to General>System Updates> selecting any of the below options I get a "you cannot update while the device has no service" If I turn WiFi on I can select firmware, update profile and update prl. Update profile returns a "the update is complete" Update prl returns "The prl has been upgraded, press ok" If i go to Settings>Activate device it returns all the information about my account like usage and plan.

S

soulysephiroth

It's a known issue. You'll have to get it replaced. Hardware.

Sent from my LG-H810 using XDA Free mobile app

rlhul699

Nov 16, 2015
Thank you for this post I had the same problem and was pulling my hair out with sprint. Got insurance but 200 bucks. Still under LG warranty so will try that.

Jonbot5k

Nov 26, 2015
Any new developments in this? Having all the same problems and dont want to have to wait for the store to open tomorrow. Ive narrowed it down to the radio being disabled for some reason.

S

soulysephiroth

Any new developments in this? Having all the same problems and dont want to have to wait for the store to open tomorrow. Ive narrowed it down to the radio being disabled for some reason.

No fix. Hardware. Known issue, go into store and have it replaced

Sent from my LG-H900 using XDA Free mobile app

LGG4 user

Dec 29, 2015
Having the same issue with the phone seemingly stuck in airplane mode. Anyone find a fix to this? I haven't tried a factory reset but done everything short of that. Does the phone get replaced under the LG manufacturer's warranty?

G4g4

Nov 13, 2016
Hi look I have a g4 this is my number 4 the company replace me the phone and my problem is that same no signal and say airplane mode on, I m tray different things
And everything same
But only for the last time I'm try change the battery
And receive full signal
The problem all time is the battery
The battery irradiated something bad
Try. Change the battery

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Before I have same problem my last idea after try everything is change the battery And is full signal
Try this maybe , this can help

umairsadiq

Jun 9, 2017
hi i am using LgG4 but it has the same problem the airoplane mode stucked it and it cant off . now my mobile is useless for calling and mobile data conection but wifi is working

Twolf10

Jul 24, 2017
When the phone first boots, right when it hits the lock screen "service disabled" is briefly on the screen then disappears. The signal indicator is blank like it has nothing at all. Settings>Network>Mobile Data checked, network is in global when I click connections optimizer it says "setup has not yet finished" This is the current situation after flashing zv6 tot. If I go to General>System Updates> selecting any of the below options I get a "you cannot update while the device has no service" If I turn WiFi on I can select firmware, update profile and update prl. Update profile returns a "the update is complete" Update prl returns "The prl has been upgraded, press ok" If i go to Settings>Activate device it returns all the information about my account like usage and plan.

I am having the exact same problem. All the conditions as above, plus i did a factory reset. Still doesnt work. I put in a working sim and it still doesnt get service on my lg g5. When I try to make calls it says turn off airplane mode. Someone please help.

esang

Oct 14, 2018
Specifically, what hardware?

Can anyone tell me specifically what hardware needs replacing? I have an LG V10 with the same problem. I also have a spare non-working LG V10 I can use for parts and am willing to do the work to replace the part if that's all it needs. I would really hate to have to buy a whole new phone. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.