G4 white static flash display glitch! POLL

Do you have white static flash bug on your G4?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dennisg34

Jan 30, 2013
New Hampshire
Just got this while starting up Snapchat die the first time. Been awhile since I opened from scratch so it could be the new thing

Sent from my G4 using your mom

Attachments

• 1433520339595.jpg
    1433520339595.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 736

dipole

Sep 1, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just a quick update, I think it's a defective display. I swapped it for a new one at Tmobile and the new one appears to not have the problem. So I'd go and get a new one if you are having static or any display artifacts.

Reactions: MicroMod777

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
Just a quick update, I think it's a defective display. I swapped it for a new one at Tmobile and the new one appears to not have the problem. So I'd go and get a new one if you are having static or any display artifacts.

If it happens again please post. Calling to get mine replaced also b4 my 14 days is up!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
I went through two H811 G4s... both had perfect displays, no dead pixels, and uniform color, no glitching. The first one had dust trapped under the screen glass, though, so I exchanged it within 10 minutes of buying it. This is is why I only buy my phones in the T-Mobile store.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I went through two H811 G4s... both had perfect displays, no dead pixels, and uniform color, no glitching. The first one had dust trapped under the screen glass, though, so I exchanged it within 10 minutes of buying it. This is is why I only buy my phones in the T-Mobile store.

Usually I like to buy at the store also unless its some kind of web discount promo, or like in this case, we got our G4's faster ordering it online.

BTW, its been half a day now and no more white static issues on second, new H811 G4.! Very happy camper now! :)

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Usually I like to buy at the store also unless its some kind of web discount promo, or like in this case, we got our G4's faster ordering it online.

BTW, its been half a day now and no more white static issues on second, new H811 G4.! Very happy camper now! :)

I ordered mine online and UPS lost it (I'm sure someone at the hub saw it was from T-Mobile and simply stole it), so I had to wait until retail release to get it (got it at 10:00AM on Wednesday morning).

As for the display issues, you likely had a loose display connector - one of the data pins was making intermittent contact and that section of the screen was getting scrambled. Sad it got past burn-in and final QA, but glad it got sorted.

mattmcs2

Jan 3, 2013
I got my Verizon G4 Friday and have had this glitch since. For me, it tends to appear when I'm not touching the screen. When I was watching Netflix, the glitch would appear every couple minutes. The glitch usually flashed the bottom left corner of the display and occasionally flashed the entire left half of the screen. I'm planning on recording a video of it tomorrow.
I ordered the phone through best buy to keep my unlimited data plan. Not sure what their return policy is. I'm hoping the return won't mess with my unlimited data.

Sep 9, 2010
I have it too

I got my Verizon G4 Friday and have had this glitch since. For me, it tends to appear when I'm not touching the screen. When I was watching Netflix, the glitch would appear every couple minutes. The glitch usually flashed the bottom left corner of the display and occasionally flashed the entire left half of the screen. I'm planning on recording a video of it tomorrow.
I ordered the phone through best buy to keep my unlimited data plan. Not sure what their return policy is. I'm hoping the return won't mess with my unlimited data.

I have a T-Mobile G4, and mine usually flashes the static in the lower left quarter of the screen. It's usually just white static, but occasionally has a bit of magenta & teal. It's a rectangular shape, and usually is only on the screen for less than a second, but occasionally it's there for a couple of seconds. It often extends about halfway up the left side of the screen, but usually doesn't go past halfway toward the right side.

I bought the leather backed G4 the first day T-Mobile offered them in store.

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
I have a T-Mobile G4, and mine usually flashes the static in the lower left quarter of the screen. It's usually just white static, but occasionally has a bit of magenta & teal. It's a rectangular shape, and usually is only on the screen for less than a second, but occasionally it's there for a couple of seconds. It often extends about halfway up the left side of the screen, but usually doesn't go past halfway toward the right side.

I bought the leather backed G4 the first day T-Mobile offered them in store.
Mine was on the lower right. Get it replaced as defective. My 2nd G4 doesn't have this issue.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LGs quality control I believe isn't good. I had similar problems with the G3.

Seems better than Samsung. I got a perfect G4 first time. Went through 5 Galaxy S6s of varying quality.
    Well only 3 people with this glitch? Maybe we have a defective display! I have 14 days to exchange it for another new one.

If your having this problem, please do the poll. Thanks

I suspect all have it, but it's hard to trigger. After I get a video of it at Best Buy, I plan to go around to some other stores like AT&T and see if the demo units there also have it.
    Well crap. It was less noticeable on the G4 at Best Buy today. I could just barely see the flickering with my eyes, and it was impossible to capture on camera, at least without a tripod.
    But you did see the flicker. I've noticed it could be a super fast flicker barily noticilbe to a 2 second square section looking like a static tv like on the movie poltergeist.

I ordered mine online and UPS lost it (I'm sure someone at the hub saw it was from T-Mobile and simply stole it), so I had to wait until retail release to get it (got it at 10:00AM on Wednesday morning).

As for the display issues, you likely had a loose display connector - one of the data pins was making intermittent contact and that section of the screen was getting scrambled. Sad it got past burn-in and final QA, but glad it got sorted.