• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

G6 hard bricked

Search This thread

Sernio

Mar 1, 2018
Firstly I'd like to say HELLO as I'm new user of forum :)

Yesterday I've hardbricked my G6. I was sure that I got H870 so I downloaded cfw for that model and when I tried to flash it via TWRP it showed that I got H872 version and it can't be flashed as it is for H870. I downloaded H872 cfw, flashed it with nor problem and thats all. Phone is not turning on, only thing that I can do with it is to plug it via cable to PC and see that in Devices Manager there is Quectel QDloader 9008 (COMxx). I've done more than 15h of research and I've found solution to wake it up with BoardDiag tool. I got ready extracted .TOT file but when I try to start whole proccedure I got "device was not found in dload trying flash programmer" error. In similar threads only solution I've found is opening phone and connecting 2 pins but I can't (and don't want to) open it. Is there any other method that can help me wake it up? Many thanks in advance, this stuff makes me crazy and I'm unable to use phone (don't have spare one :( )

28280030_1767413223318752_5882166627239497626_n.jpg

28279631_1767730729953668_8413336923931509397_n.jpg

mprovi_15

Dec 7, 2015
When I hardbricked my LG G3 it happened the same. The only solution was making a shortcut in the procesor. It is not really difficult, the only problem is you need to open up the phone.

basicreece

Oct 17, 2012
Kent
G6 got unremoveable battery so I can't open it :/
Is there any other sollution?

Are you using uppercut with lg up? LG UP on its own wont find the G6, you need uppercut installed and run via this to find your device.

If your computer is finding the device I cant see why uppercut wouldn't.

Sernio

Mar 1, 2018
Are you using uppercut with lg up? LG UP on its own wont find the G6, you need uppercut installed and run via this to find your device.

If your computer is finding the device I cant see why uppercut wouldn't.

I have Uppercut v1.0.0.0 and it shows that 'There is no handset connected. Please, connect a handset(s)'
My LG UP version is 1.14.3
Drivers are of course installed (LG-Mobile-Driver_v4.2.0.0)
58YN4

edit: if somebody knows how to do it and wants to help, I could share my TeamViewer data

Last edited:

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
Hello there,
unfortunately your phone = scrap metal now.

Your only hope would be if some box vendor like infinity or octoplus, has managed crack the bootloader of your particular phone.
See if you can get service/remote service from anyone (or a business) who owns such box. Some msm8996 devices are supported it seems.

The current leaked versions of BoardDiag does not work on newer SoC's.

Last edited:

Sernio

Mar 1, 2018
Hello there,
unfortunately your phone = scrap metal now.

Your only hope would be if some box vendor like infinity or octoplus, has managed crack the bootloader of your particular phone.
See if you can get service/remote service from anyone (or a business) who owns such box. Some msm8996 devices are supported it seems.

The current leaked versions of BoardDiag does not work on newer SoC's.

Why do you thing it's a 'scrap metal' now? PC detects it, my only issue is dload mode error which I can't get rid of.

G

GuestK0062

Why do you thing it's a 'scrap metal' now? PC detects it, my only issue is dload mode error which I can't get rid of.

Can you enter download mode or bootloader mode on the phone?. Does ADB sees your phone as connected device? Can you post some pictures.

Sernio

Mar 1, 2018
Can you enter download mode or bootloader mode on the phone?. Does ADB sees your phone as connected device? Can you post some pictures.

I can't enter nothing, phone got black screen and does not react to anything. It is charging (battery died tonight, I connected it to charger for 2 hours and now PC is detecting it) and it's only this. All screenshots I could do are posted in my 1st post (quectel qdloader 9008 in devices menager)

G

GuestK0062

I can't enter nothing, phone got black screen and does not react to anything. It is charging (battery died tonight, I connected it to charger for 2 hours and now PC is detecting it) and it's only this. All screenshots I could do are posted in my 1st post (quectel qdloader 9008 in devices menager)

Try asking for help in Telegram group.. There's some people that might help you if this is fixable.

https://t.me/joinchat/ElHlskRW3-pd7_qdDRZQhw

Raziel022

Jun 22, 2016
Were you able to solve your problem? I am in a similar situation (see below)

"After trying to update my LG G6 (H870DS) via LG Bridge I got a bootloop issue, with no possibility to go out (even a hard reset was impossible to perform). Then I tried to flash the device using LG Up and stock KDZ file, which result in a cryptic error message in my PC, and a device sudden death. Phone it´s 100% dead, LG Bridge/ LG Up don´t detect the phone, I can´t turn it on (not even download mode). I tried to charge the phone, it becames slightly hot (hope signal?).

I can't even find the qualcomm device in the windows device manager. I think I tried to flash the wrong KDZ File:

I flashed H870DS10m_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_1019.kdz

and now I think that the correct kdz File for my H870DS HONG KONG was: H870DS10b_00_OPEN_HK_DS_OP_0406.kdz

Uppercut and ADB are not detecting my G6 either.

The thing is that, for several reasons, I have no warranty, that means I have nothing to lose and I am ready to open the phone, shortcircuit the processor or whatever it could work. Any suguestions what to do now in order to bring the phone back to live?"

Denversmartphone

Mar 26, 2018
i fix my hard brick qualcomm 9008 with octoplus pro jtag on my h871, nobody know how to fix hard brick for any lg g6..and this is horrible! and i ask my self how is that possible that we cannot found a solution for debrick the lg and after how is that possible that there isn't any kdz for the h871 model

Raziel022

Jun 22, 2016
if the device it's not even recognized in my PC, do you think your method will work? Bootloader is locked (everything it's stock)

Top Liked Posts