[G800F/M/Y][ROM][5.1.1][LMY48G] CyanogenMod 12.1 for G800F/M/Y [Alpha 15/08/2015]

Search This thread

tet-bundy

Jan 18, 2016
Sadly the Devs don't give a f*ck about them bugs and left us with a unfinished version. Camera bug and slow Charging make this ROM useless. I'm waiting for the official release from Samsung.
I've got good news for u! Cm is open source! So why don't u go on and build for us a finished version of cm :))
Looking forward to seeing a stable release by vodka666

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003

pojir

Jan 21, 2010
Brno
Sadly the Devs don't give a f*ck about them bugs and left us with a unfinished version. Camera bug and slow Charging make this ROM useless. I'm waiting for the official release from Samsung.
You're trolling, right? What would be the point of fixing this old CM12.1 when there's CM13? And per your wait for official release from Samsung - this CM12.1 is based on Android 5.1.1 and the official releases of 5.1.1 from Samsung have been out for months now: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G800F/

CTXz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2015
Prague

Hey vodka666, thanks for your feedback.

I would highly recommend bringing your device to the nearest Samsung store, I'm sure they will be able to fix the camera and slow charging. Hopefully that will fix your issues. If you're still not satisfied with the ROM, there is no need to wait for a official Samsung release. Instead ask someone in the store to install Marshmallow on your device, it only takes a couple of minutes after all ;)

Hope I helped and tell me how it goes :)

Your noob, careless and useless dev, CTXz

vodka666

Oct 12, 2006
You should be careful what you say. Don't forget: they are not paid for doing this. This use their freetime for making us happy with updates. Furthermore there are a lot of supported roms like slim 6 which have less bugs and are still in development.
I did contact the Dev and offered some money to fix these issues five months ago. No reply. This rom is dead my friend. To many new devices
coming out.

vodka666

Oct 12, 2006
You're trolling, right? What would be the point of fixing this old CM12.1 when there's CM13? And per your wait for official release from Samsung - this CM12.1 is based on Android 5.1.1 and the official releases of 5.1.1 from Samsung have been out for months now: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G800F/

Yes i am. Why they don't use drivers of the official release to fix this version, instead of hopping on to the next version and make a new unstable release? The [G800F/M/Y][ROM][6.0][MHC19J] CyanogenMod 13.0 for G800F/M/Y [Beta 25/03/2016] seems to have the exact same issues. A stable CM 12.1 would be perfect for this device.

Last edited:

Andi!K

Aug 10, 2015
Could well be that this would have been a good idea. Although I am more than happy with each of the several MM Roms that are available.

But your question why they have decided to "hop" to CM13 is very easy to answer: because they wanted to.
They are doing this in their spare time, it is their hobby. They do whatever they want, and they are kind enough to share the results with the community. We (the users) are not in a position to demand anything. We can give feedback, we can make suggestions, but that's not what you do.
When you are spending time with any of your hobbies, would you want to justify yourself for what you are doing or not doing, especially towards pepole you do not even know?

You are not the first one here with this attitude and, honestly, I could well imagine that people like you might have been one of the reasons for hennymcc and CTXz to stop working on this device...

vodka666

Oct 12, 2006
OK, looks like we have to start with the basics (excluding the very basics like politeness etc)...

Maybe a brief explaination of the "Alpha" status helps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

If you are looking for stable release, why do you install an alpha?
Why don't you try CM13, which is very good as a daily driver?

Because from what I read it has the same issues. What's the difference between an [Official][Alpha] and an [Unofficial][Beta] :laugh:

CTXz

Apr 11, 2015
Prague
Yes i am. Why they don't use drivers of the official release to fix this version, instead of hopping on to the next version and make a new unstable release? The [G800F/M/Y][ROM][6.0][MHC19J] CyanogenMod 13.0 for G800F/M/Y [Beta 25/03/2016] seems to have the exact same issues. A stable CM 12.1 would be perfect for this device.

I apriciate your suggestion

The android framework is split in multiple layers, one of those ls the library layer which consists of multiple android HALs and modules. Those are the ones causing most of the issues, not the drivers that are located in the Linux Kernel. While we wish we could use open source alternatives, we're mainly forced to use the libraries for the stock ROM, meaning WE DO use the stock libraries or as you call them, "drivers". These libraries however are modified according to Samsungs android fork (aka touchwiz), and require function dependencies that CM doesn't have. The reason why we can't just " add" those functions to the CM repos is because they aren't open nor available by Samsung.

Reactions: vodka666

vodka666

Oct 12, 2006
I apriciate your suggestion

The android framework is split in multiple layers, one of those ls the library layer which consists of multiple android HALs and modules. Those are the ones causing most of the issues, not the drivers that are located in the Linux Kernel. While we wish we could use open source alternatives, we're mainly forced to use the libraries for the stock ROM, meaning WE DO use the stock libraries or as you call them, "drivers". These libraries however are modified according to Samsungs android fork (aka touchwiz), and require function dependencies that CM doesn't have. The reason why we can't just " add" those functions to the CM repos is because they aren't open nor available by Samsung.

Thanks for the explanation. And sorry for been rude.

Update: I just tried the slim Rom [ROM][G800F][UNOFFICIAL] Slim6 Marshmallow [MM] and I shows the exact same issues. So from what you said these HALs and module incompatibilities are very unlikely to be solved by open source Devs. This is basically the end of ASOP ROMS right? The only option is probably to strip down one of these horrible Bloated Samsung ROMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTXz

CTXz

Apr 11, 2015
Prague
Thanks for the explanation. And sorry for been rude.

Update: I just tried the slim Rom [ROM][G800F][UNOFFICIAL] Slim6 Marshmallow [MM] and I shows the exact same issues. So from what you said these HALs and module incompatibilities are very unlikely to be solved by open source Devs. This is basically the end of ASOP ROMS right? The only option is probably to strip down one of these horrible Bloated Samsung ROMs.

There are a couple of ways to still fix this, but those require skills that atleast I don't have yet. Reverse engineering of proprietary libraries. This requires an full understanding of the ARM assembly langue, a proper and expensive dissasembler and time, something that I personally don't have. Patching of binaries is as hard and requires understanding of proper binary patterns.

Last edited:

5c15

May 19, 2016
Hi guys I've installed this ROM recently , everything works fine as well .. except for this little annoying problem that I'm having. It's releated with the camera or more specifically to the storage location of the camera. When I change the used storage to SD card every picture I take isn't saved , of course this everything is normal when the storage location is set to Internal storage. How can I fix this ?

Hohohafi

Dec 19, 2014
URGENT: TWRP - current version? can not update - switch off signature verification?

Big trouble - I can not get beyond this problem - PLEASE HELP dearest android :angel::angel::angel:
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Here some details:

I have applied ROMs (CMX and Stock) to other devices a lot of times.
But now I can not get accross the following problem when Applying CM12.1 to G800F.
This time I used Odin 3.13.1 to apply a current TWRP 3.2.3 (I remember from a whil ago - that TWRP looked different ... I probably used the touch version back then).

? Can I shut off signature verification? (the text menus of TWRP 323 are extremely brief and I see no option; I tried to find an older version / touch version with perhaps this option ... no luck!!! :( .... also used odin to apply TWRP ... I thought maybe CWM would do the trick - but here too I did not find any links so far - and a version of CWM for Odin(?) to apply it to the device).
ANY LINKS to TWRP where I have the option to switch off Signature Verification???
ANY LINKS to CWM where I have the option to switch off Signature Verification???
Any other workarrounds with links???

I do not know how to shut off the signature check and I seem to be the only still using this device ... or maybe only I am having this problem?

OK - here some of the logs of what I tried:
[selected]
Wipe data/factory reset
[then]
Wipe cache partition
[then]
Apply update from SD card
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verigyin update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verigyin update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
Installation aborted.
=====
I tried to identify what TWRP is actually working - so here my hand-typed log :
(Question - where can I see the TWRP version currently in use???)
Android Recovery
MMB29K.G800FXXU1CRG3
user/release-keys
Use volume up/dow and power.

The menues of txt TWRP look like ths (sorry for typos):
REboot sysem now
Reboot to bootloader
Apply update from ADB
Apply update from SD card
Wipe data/facory reset
Wipe cace partition
View recovery logs
Power off

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y). Support for G800M is untested so far.

DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
    Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H.

Working features
    • Receiving and making calls
    • Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth (audio in HFP seems to be distorted with at least some headset devices)
    • Wifi
    • HW accelerated GUI
    • USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
    • Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
    • MTP storage
    • IR
    • GPS
    • NFC

Non-working features:
    • Fingerprint scanner (no app for tests found)
    • Pulse sensor + Step counter (no app for tests found)
    • Hall sensor
    • SELinux

Known issues:

Disclaimer:
    • You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
    • Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
    • Applications that use KNOX (e.g. "Private Mode") might not work anymore when returning to the stock ROM, as the device is regarded as compromised. Do not flash this ROM if you need those applications.
    • The image is only for Exynos3470 based S5 Mini variants SM-G800F/M/Y.
    • It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
    • Some users reported that their touch-screen stopped working permanently after some weeks of usage. For some user's (two at the moment including me) NFC stopped working permanently. Probably this issues are not related to this ROM as also many stock user's complain about hardware issues (random reboots, black screens, unresponsive touchscreen) but you have been warned.
    • Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
    Before you start:
    • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.

Download:

Install recovery:
    • Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
    • Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
    • Connect your device to your PC via USB
    • Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
    • Start Odin
    • In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
    • Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
    • Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
    • After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.

Before you flash:
    • You need the latest TWRP recovery (see above). Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
    • Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM 12.1.

Flash CyanogenMod:
    • Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    • If you come from a stock ROM, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
    • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CyanogenMod zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
    • Install the CM 12.1 ROM zip-package
    • Install the GApps zip-package
    • Reboot the system and enjoy a Lollipop

How to root:
    No SuperSu is needed as CyanogenMod already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
    You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
    • Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
    • Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
    • Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.

In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
    • lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
    • Reboot your phone into Odin mode
    • Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
    • If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
    • In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
    • Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM12 is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
    • Reboot

Changelog
    Code:
    15/08/2015:
    * Synchronize with newest CM 12.1 sources (contains stagefright patches)

08/07/2015:
    * Update to latest CM-12.1 sources (LMY48G)
      * Camera app supports saving pictures to external SD-cards 
    * Partition sizes of system and data slightly reduced to avoid "unable to mount /system" failure during installation on some variants of the G800 (e.g. G800Y)

19/05/2015:
    * Update to CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1)
    * Merged Kernel-sources from G800FXXU1ANL1 
    * Re-enabled NFC
    * TWRP update

11/04/2015:
    * Update to CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1)
    * Update to TWRP 2.8.6.0
    * Fixed blinking capacitive touchkey lights
    * Fixed unresponsive touchscreen on wake-up
    * Added support for Automatic Brightness control
    * Added advanced touchscreen settings (Glove and Hovering mode)
    * Use open-source Light-HAL, Power-HAL and IR-HAL implementations
    * Updated Power-Profiling

23/03/2015:
    * Fixed non-working mic on incoming call issue
    * Fixed non-working menu-button
    * Synchronized with latest CyanogenMod sources

This section is for developers:
    A README file with build instructions can be found here:
    Code:
    https://github.com/cm-3470/patcher_kminilte

Sources:
    Code:
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common

Developers welcome
    • At the moment the G800F/M/Y specific port of this ROM is only done by one person (hennymcc). Although Unjustified Dev also works on this ROM he does not own an Galaxy S5 Mini but a Galaxy Light which has a similar base but is different when it comes to camera, nfc and other components (maybe even slightly when it comes to audio and radio).
    • Help from other developers is always welcome. See the bug/feature section and this thread to see what is missing. Just give some short info (here in this thread or PM) that you want to work on some issue or feature so that work can be synchronized. Maybe there are also other devs that want to work with you on the same issue.
    • Knowledge in how the kernel works and good programming skills in C, C++ and Java would be nice but not necessary for all problems. At least you should be able to build the ROM and test your changes yourself but you do not need experience in porting ROMs.

Thanks to Unjustified Dev from Team Regular. As the S5 mini (G800F/M/Y) and the Galaxy Light are quite similar we worked on this together.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [G800F/M/Y][ROM][5.1.1][LMY48G] CyanogenMod 12.1 for G800F/M/Y [Alpha 15/08/2015], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    hennymcc, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version from 15/08/2015]
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-15
    Last Updated 2015-09-22
    Thanks

C60OgW8.jpg

As you can see I am compiling on my laptop since I am staying at my friends for vacation so compiling will take longer especially when I have the sources on my external HDD
    A new untested build is available here:

Same disclaimer as before:
    As this is untested, bricking your device is possible. It is also possible that the ROM does not boot at all.
    Report problems in this forum.
    After a crap ton of patches @hennymcc and I got our first compile done. I will try to flash mine once my compile is done.
    Compiling CM 13 at the moment, wish me luck. If I get it to boot there might bee some bugs from before since I will add patches later
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone