CyanogenMod is discontinued.
This ROM is continued as a LineageOS ROM.
Check the G800F LineageOS ROM for more info.
This is a CyanogenMod 13.0 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y) by CTXz and hennymcc.
DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H.
- Internal Root
- Brightness slider
- Option to use soft keys
- Additional settings (Buttons menu in settings)
- HW accelerated GUI
- Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
- MTP storage
- Flash Light
- Bluetooth (A2DP, HFP, HID)
- Lock Screen
- Initiate and receive calls
- Mobile Data
- USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
- Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
- Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
- Pulse sensor (preliminary and very inaccurate. Works with Apps like Kardiograph)
- SD-Card as internal storage (new Android M feature)
- Multi-Window support (new experimental CM setting, can be enabled via developer settings)
- Fingerprint scanner
Before you start:Disclaimer:
- You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
- Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
- Applications that use KNOX (e.g. "Private Mode") might not work anymore when returning to the stock ROM, as the device is regarded as compromised. Do not flash this ROM if you need those applications.
- The image is only for Exynos3470 based S5 Mini variants SM-G800F/M/Y.
- It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
- Some users reported that their touch-screen stopped working permanently after some weeks of usage. For some user's (two at the moment including me) NFC stopped working permanently. Probably this issues are not related to this ROM as also many stock user's complain about hardware issues (random reboots, black screens, unresponsive touchscreen) but you have been warned.
- Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
- Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.
- Odin3-v3.07 (it is contained in CF-Auto-Root)
- TWRP 3.0.0 recovery image [25/03/2016] (AndroidFileHost Mirror)
- The newest CM 13.0 releases as well as the latest TWRP can be found here:
-Credit and thanks to @ayke
- CM 13.0 ROM for G800F/M/Y (Android File Host)
- Google Apps (contains Google Play, ...) for Android 6.0, one of the following two is recommended:
- Open GApps Project, Platform:ARM, Android:6.0, Variant: whatever you prefer (e.g. "mini" or "nano")
- Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
- Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB
- Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
- Start Odin
- In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
- Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
- Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
- After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.
Before you flash:
- You need the latest TWRP recovery (see above). Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
- Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM 13.0.
- Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
- If you come from a stock ROM, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
- If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CyanogenMod zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
- Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
- Install the CM 13.0 ROM zip-package
- Install the GApps zip-package
How to root:
No SuperSu is needed as CyanogenMod already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
- Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
- Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
- Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.
In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
- lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
- Reboot your phone into Odin mode
- Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
- If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
- In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
- Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
25/03/2016: * USB OTG disabled by default for improved waterproofness (can be re-actived via Advanced Settings App) * how to enable USB OTG: * start the "Advanced Settings" App * open the "USB-OTG Mode" setting * select "Powered (Not waterproof)" * add support for call recording * how to record a call: * start/Receive a call with the CM Dialer App * During call open settings (icon: three vertical dots) * Select "record call" * (if you get an error message that recording failed, try to enable developer settings and enable root access for apps+adb) * how to playback recorded call: * open the call history in the Dialer app (icon: clock symbol) * open details of recorded call * in the detailed calling list, click on the play button for the recorded call * removing fingerprints works now * updated some stock libs with LP versions * support for F2FS (needs new TWRP recovery) * updated TWRP recovery (with F2FS support) * synch with latest CM sources 22/02/2016: * Fixed lock-screen freeze * Fixed Infrared support * Fixed search for mobile networks (search will take ~1min until results are shown) * Updated some libs with LP versions * Initial support for a fingerprint scanner * Sync with CM sources 16/02/2016: * Fixed camera problems with WhatsApp * Fixed preferred radio family settings (LTE/GSM/...) * Added default long-press actions for home and app-switch buttons (DJSteve) * Switched to LP kernel (G800FXXU1BOL4) * libsensors: replaced with open source implementation (fixes light sensor which is needed for auto-brightness) * Preliminary (and very inaccurate) support for heart-rate sensor * Update to TWRP 3.0 (TWRP 2.x will still work) * Sync with CM sources 30/01/2016: * Fixed BT calling problems (only noise) * CM Camera replaced with CM Snap Camera * better image quality (check picture quality settings), resulting in image file sizes of > 1MB instead of 200KB * Saving images to SD card supported (check settings) * Improved RIL support * Use stock soft-key layout (left capacitive button is app-switch instead of menu now) * Key-layout can be configured via button settings. * Fixed adb root problem (root permissions were lost after reboot) * SamsungServiceMode app works now * Sync with CM sources 14/01/2016: * Add soft keys option under settings > buttons * Fix crash after hanging up call * Sync with newest CM sources 31/12/2015: * Receiving calls works now * psyafter: SD-Card can be used as internal storage (new Android M feature). Can be used to store photos on SD-Card. IMPORTANT: the SD-Card will be formatted if you activate this feature. * GPS works now * Sensors work now (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter). Light and Pulse sensors do not work yet. * Youtube/Screencast crash fixed 26/12/2015: * Wifi and Mobile Data work 20/12/2015 Hennymcc : * Audio Fix - Audio is now working (Still a bit quiet though) - Making Calls is now working 14/12/2015 Hennymcc, CTXz : * 6.0.1 - Updated to Android 6.0.1 - Fixed reboot when locking phone - Fixed Internal Root in developer options not working 30/10/2015 CTXz : * Added 'Buttons' settings - Integrated Buttons/Capacitive Keys menu into settings - Double tapping or holding button to open camera now works (In CM12 it didn't work) - Power Menu is added under buttons menu - Minor fixes -!- NOTE : Setup Wizard may have some issues/crashes with this build. I will exclude it in the next one 29/10/2015 CTXz : * Synced to newest sources - Ugly looking Google search box removed 28/10/2015 CTXz : * Changed from eng to userdebug - No more red frames flashing - Fixed Browser crashing - Fixed crash after first boot - More user friendly - No additional boot.img flashing required 28/10/2015 hennymcc: * First CM 13.0 test-build
This section is for developers:
A README file with build instructions can be found here:
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common
- At the moment the G800F/M/Y specific port of this ROM is only done by two persons (CTXz and hennymcc). Although Unjustified Dev also works on this ROM he does not own an Galaxy S5 Mini but a Galaxy Light which has a similar base but is different when it comes to camera, nfc and other components (maybe even slightly when it comes to audio and radio).
- Help from other developers is always welcome. See the bug/feature section and this thread to see what is missing. Just give some short info (here in this thread or PM) that you want to work on some issue or feature so that work can be synchronized. Maybe there are also other devs that want to work with you on the same issue.
- Knowledge in how the kernel works and good programming skills in C, C++ and Java would be nice but not necessary for all problems. At least you should be able to build the ROM and test your changes yourself but you do not need experience in porting ROMs.
Thanks to CTXz for his awesome work on getting Marshmallow to the G800F
Thanks to spookcity138 and ayke for providing new builds of this ROM.
Thanks to Psyafter for some patches and working on the G800F.
Thanks to Unjustified Dev from Team Regular for the initial work to get the G800F ready with CM.
[G800F/M/Y][ROM][6.0][MHC19J] CyanogenMod 13.0 for G800F/M/Y [Beta 25/03/2016] [eol], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
hennymcc, CTXz, spookcity138, psyafter, Unjustified Dev, ayke
Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version >= 15/08/2015]
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2017-01-26