• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo)

Search This thread

hockeymikey

Resurrection Remix Oreo

If you're not familiar with Resurrection Remix (RR), it's a very customizable and feature rich ROM. It's packed with some many great features like a notification ticker (like in the good ol' Kitkat days), styling changes, custom gestures, and more! RR is based on LineageOS. This is a build originally developed on by (russel5), but abandoned in favor of AospEx and Pie projects of his. Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction taken in Pie and will be sticking with Oreo. I'll be developing the rom further with features, bug fixes and enhancements. Any suggestions or bugs should be opened as an issue on the Github.

Please report any issues you have on the Github. The issue tracker helps me keep organized and on top of stuff.

Downloads
GitHub

Installation
1. Download firmware zip
2. Download OpenGapps/MicroG/Whatever
3. Push to phone
4. Reboot to recovery (recommend TWRP) and do a full wipe
5. Flash RR then whatever else after (Gapps, ect)
6. Reboot
7. ???
8. Profit

General Info:
If you have issues with the camera being green, make sure you update your firmware to the most recent Oreo one via newflasher. I will update this with information regarding this. It's been months since I did it so I need to remember and hunt the files down I used (which is hard since my last computer died and I switched to Linux). I'd backup your Drm keys before doing anything if you do.

Exclude when flashing:
* fotakernel.sin
* kernel.sin
* simlock.ta (if you have it)
* system.sin
* userdata.sin
* vendor.sin

Forced encryption is disabled. If you want it make sure to flash the boot img attached. Many users have bootloops so use at your own caution. To flash use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Special thanks to:
@modpunk
@russel5
Anyone else I'm forgetting

Source:
Repo

XDA:DevDB Information
[G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo), ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
hockeymikey
Source Code: https://github.com/hockeymikey/android_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Based On: LOS

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 6.2.1

Created 4/19/2020
Last Updated 5/13/2021

Last edited:

hockeymikey

Additional info

Changelog:

May 13th, 2021 - 6.2.1-2020.10.11
* Signature spoofing, tweaked building fixing issues

September 4th, 2020 - 6.2.1-2020.09.04
* First build, updated libraries, security update

April 20th, 2020 - 6.2.1-2018.11.08
* Last release from russel5

Last edited:

jurko217

Jun 1, 2019
Poprad
Has anyone tried it yet?
Yes, very good rom but i find out on androidfilehost about half year, so old.
USB tethering doesnt work.
Plenty of functions.
Stable, fast, no lags, pretty battery acceptable, more than 1 day of battery life.
Display options from stock, stock camera works very good.

I think, we need upgrade RR to 7 or 8.
I am using it now for about week and its very good as daily.
And at this moment its way better than Q roms.

Last edited:

hockeymikey

Yes, very good rom but i find out on androidfilehost about half year, so old.
USB tethering doesnt work.
Plenty of functions.
Stable, fast, no lags, pretty battery acceptable, more than 1 day of battery life.
Display options from stock, stock camera works very good.

I think, we need upgrade RR to 7 or 8.
I am using it now for about week and its very good as daily.
And at this moment its way better than Q roms.
You can't find the most recent version of the rom on AFH, I had to hunt it down from some random forum and the most recent one before that was unstable so wanted to get it out there for people to have. I really like RR. I'll test tethering, I thought it was fine but haven't really used it. Maybe I'll mess with 7 or 8 someday after I have this one developed alittle. I personally don't have any interest in Pie+.

Edit: USB tethering works fine for me. Must be an issue with your computer. I'm using Kubuntu 18.04 and works perfectly.

Last edited:

jurko217

Jun 1, 2019
Poprad
You can't find the most recent version of the rom on AFH, I had to hunt it down from some random forum and the most recent one before that was unstable so wanted to get it out there for people to have. I really like RR. I'll test tethering, I thought it was fine but haven't really used it. Maybe I'll mess with 7 or 8 someday after I have this one developed alittle. I personally don't have any interest in Pie+.

Edit: USB tethering works fine for me. Must be an issue with your computer. I'm using Kubuntu 18.04 and works perfectly.

I am using Windows 8.1, but in other roms like stock or PE 10 USB tethering works. I push that on and no reaction in computer - networking.
If will be Havoc OS 2.x or BaikalOS, ill start interest in pie, because i had these roms in Mi Mix 2 and they was best. Havoc in general, can be compared with most functions with RR, Baikal from russia brats in battery life, performance and simplicity.
Idk if they dont arrive to XZ1c, but pie i liked was stock, Oxygen, Miui (with some bugs, but with future).
Still, oreo and nougat roms are older, but better in most things except mentioned roms.

hockeymikey

I am using Windows 8.1, but in other roms like stock or PE 10 USB tethering works. I push that on and no reaction in computer - networking.
If will be Havoc OS 2.x or BaikalOS, ill start interest in pie, because i had these roms in Mi Mix 2 and they was best. Havoc in general, can be compared with most functions with RR, Baikal from russia brats in battery life, performance and simplicity.
Idk if they dont arrive to XZ1c, but pie i liked was stock, Oxygen, Miui (with some bugs, but with future).
Still, oreo and nougat roms are older, but better in most things except mentioned roms.
No idea, it has to be your computer I'm guessing. Make sure you're running the most recent version since that other versions found on the other thread is very buggy. Noted on them.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
> Forced encryption is disabled. If you want it make sure to flash the boot img attached. Many users have bootloops so use at your own caution. To flash use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Where's the boot.img?

hockeymikey

How does Resurrection Remix compare to CrDroid?
No idea, can't remember testing out the Pie CrDRoid on here. I'm not a fan of Pie+ so it didn't interest me. Should test and report in, looks like they are similar being LOS based with decent amount of customization. CrDroid has signature spoofing, but I'm making a build with that added in for RR as I type. But yeah, let me know and what other features that CrDroid has that looks cool.

jurko217

Jun 1, 2019
Poprad
Resurrection Remix Oreo

If you're not familiar with Resurrection Remix (RR), it's a very customizable and feature rich ROM. It's packed with some many great features like a notification ticker (like in the good ol' Kitkat days), styling changes, custom gestures, and more! RR is based on LineageOS. This is a build originally developed on by (russel5), but abandoned in favor of AospEx and Pie projects of his. Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction taken in Pie and will be sticking with Oreo. I'll be developing the rom further with features, bug fixes and enhancements. Any suggestions should be opened as an issue on the Github.

Downloads
GitHub

Installation
1. Download firmware zip
3. Push to phone
6. Reboot
7. ???
8. Profit

General Info:
If you have issues with the camera being green, make sure you update your fireware to the most recent Oreo one via newflasher. I will update this with information regarding this.. It's been months since I did it so I need to remember and hunt the files down I used (which is hard since my last computer died and I switched to Linux). I'd backup your Drm keys before doing anything if you do.

Exclude when flashing:
* fotakernel.sin
* kernel.sin
* system.sin
* userdata.sin
* vendor.sin

Forced encryption is disabled. If you want it make sure to flash the boot img attached. Many users have bootloops so use at your own caution. To flash use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Special thanks to:
@modpunk
@russel5

Source:
Repo

[G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo), ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
hockeymikey

Version Information

Created 2020-04-19
Last Updated 2020-04-20

Hi, i have tested update of this rom and found out 2 system bugs.
First thing - bootloop. I flashed it like usually with newest BitGapps arm64 8.1.0 v15 and magisk. BitGapps caused bootloop. Clean install with only magisk booted, but magisk app not installed, so i had to install Magisk Manager manually, root installed.
Second boot into recovery and flash BitGapps caused no google store app, like before, so i flashed MindGapps and it works.
It is mine problem, i using alternative gapps but good to notice.
Sometimes not smooth, torn animations. More often than older build.
Red blinkings: Right after successful boot, after some clicks i see weird red blinkings on display. Something similar like in developer options turn on display blinkings after stress GPU/CPU but this happen in random time and is not turned on. Is little bit enyoying, its not happened in older 2018 build.
So my decide will be flash again .228 firmware and stay with Havoc OS, now i used version 3.8 for month and i can say, now is android 10 in lilac flawlessly done. I like more older Oreo UI but fix issue with blinking and i will be your satisfied user.
Thank you and best regards.

hockeymikey

First thing - bootloop. I flashed it like usually with newest BitGapps arm64 8.1.0 v15 and magisk. BitGapps caused bootloop. Clean install with only magisk booted, but magisk app not installed, so i had to install Magisk Manager manually, root installed.
Second boot into recovery and flash BitGapps caused no google store app, like before, so i flashed MindGapps and it works.
It is mine problem, i using alternative gapps but good to notice.
Sometimes not smooth, torn animations. More often than older build.
Red blinkings: Right after successful boot, after some clicks i see weird red blinkings on display. Something similar like in developer options turn on display blinkings after stress GPU/CPU but this happen in random time and is not turned on. Is little bit enyoying, its not happened in older 2018 build.
So my decide will be flash again .228 firmware and stay with Havoc OS, now i used version 3.8 for month and i can say, now is android 10 in lilac flawlessly done. I like more older Oreo UI but fix issue with blinking and i will be your satisfied user.
Thank you and best regards.
What's special about Bitgapps? That's really strange, can you grab a log on boot using adb? If not, go to https://github.com/hockeymikey/android_device_sony_lilac/issues and make an issue and help me track it and I'll get around to testing it. It'll help keep in touch with you and solve it especially if for some reason I can't recreate it for some reason. I got that red outline too and I thought it was just me. It went away for me so might be temporary on the initial install. If you could create an issue for that too on the previous link so I can keep you updated for that too.

hockeymikey

First thing - bootloop. I flashed it like usually with newest BitGapps arm64 8.1.0 v15 and magisk. BitGapps caused bootloop. Clean install with only magisk booted,......
So I did some testing. The red blinking is gone, that fix will be included in the next release (which includes signature spoofing and updates so a few system libraries like base, native and lineage-sdk). BitGapps doesn't cause a bootloop for me. It was kinda buggy, which is odd and crashes. I'll see what I can find for it. Magisk works fine for me. Make sure it's the most recent version but I was using old versions too as well as new so I don't know.

muebbel

Nov 12, 2018
Hm, with usb-debugging enabled, it dont ask for permission and dont save the adb-key, so u arent able to adb into twrp. But ADB to the booted device works. Anybody else got this?

muebbel

Nov 12, 2018
This will be nice :)
And... i get this red-frame too if some higher cpu-usage happens. What did u do against it?
Encrypting the device ends in a infinity-loop at the "Encrypting... time remaining 00:00.."-Screen.
Maybe i missed something (tried with and without the boot.img for force-encryption)?

Last edited:

hockeymikey

This will be nice :)
And... i get this red-frame too if some higher cpu-usage happens. What did u do against it?
Encrypting the device ends in a infinity-loop at the "Encrypting... time remaining 00:00.."-Screen.
Maybe i missed something (tried with and without the boot.img for force-encryption)?
I think this is the correct one, let me know if not. Red frame is an issue I caused with how I built it, building it as a dev build not production. It's fixed on my device. I'll eventually get a new build out, I've been waiting to get OpenDelta done for OTA updates first to streamline the updating process. Maybe I should push one out sooner since the build on here I don't think is really that usable while my phone one I'm using daily. I haven't tested encryption honestly. I'll have to look into. If you could make an issue on github with every little detail to help me track and fix, that'd be cool.

Attachments

• image-new.img
    33.7 MB · Views: 15

muebbel

Nov 12, 2018
Hmm, same problem -> adb devices -> unauthorized

And there is no dialog for accept/store the ADB-Key if u plugin the PC for the first time.
So.. i was using newflasher to flash the stock oreo rom and guess what... the stock rom does the same... so if u flash the stock rom (47.1.A.16.20) without remove any files from the stock-rom-directory and the adb_key still exists... where can it be?

BTW: i can access the stock-rom with adb add the first start at the "Welcome"-Screen... but twrp cant find/use the key which is stored $somewhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrection Remix Oreo

If you're not familiar with Resurrection Remix (RR), it's a very customizable and feature rich ROM. It's packed with some many great features like a notification ticker (like in the good ol' Kitkat days), styling changes, custom gestures, and more! RR is based on LineageOS. This is a build originally developed on by (russel5), but abandoned in favor of AospEx and Pie projects of his. Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction taken in Pie and will be sticking with Oreo. I'll be developing the rom further with features, bug fixes and enhancements. Any suggestions or bugs should be opened as an issue on the Github.

Please report any issues you have on the Github. The issue tracker helps me keep organized and on top of stuff.

Downloads
    GitHub

Installation
    1. Download firmware zip
    3. Push to phone
    6. Reboot
    7. ???
    8. Profit

General Info:
    If you have issues with the camera being green, make sure you update your firmware to the most recent Oreo one via newflasher. I will update this with information regarding this. It's been months since I did it so I need to remember and hunt the files down I used (which is hard since my last computer died and I switched to Linux). I'd backup your Drm keys before doing anything if you do.

Exclude when flashing:
    * fotakernel.sin
    * kernel.sin
    * system.sin
    * userdata.sin
    * vendor.sin

Special thanks to:
    @modpunk
    @russel5

Source:
    Repo

Contributors
    hockeymikey

Version Information
    Stable

Created 4/19/2020
    Last Updated 5/13/2021
    Did flashing that other rom you linked, fullmod fix the issue? I would personally wipe everything via twrp and do a clean flash. You can try a dirty flash if you want and let us know how it goes, I'm unsure due to the two being built differently. I know there might be issues when I change the signing keys of the builds when I fully implement OTA, but I'll make sure to test that myself on my test device and my main before I push it out and once OTA is there life will be good and updates will be easy. Maybe make some different branches like stable vs beta so people can help test if they desire.
    I think I'll just clean flash, there were some bugs with some features that I had to use Gravitybox to get around, so it might be a good idea to see if those work, and report any bugs found on a fresh install.
    So, finally gotten around to testing the ROM, and I've made sort of a bug and wish list.
    The OS doesn't like being built with public keys
    Something I'm gonna be looking into with the shipping of OTA builds. It's been on the radar
    The security patch is old af
    Also on the radar to get caught up but a bigger project obviously. ResurrectionRemix is no longer updated for oreo so I'm doing this all on my own, I just can't pull from upstream.
    I don't like that the ROM ships with Google clock and wallpapers, would prefer AOSP/LineageOS versions
    Create new issues on the github linked in the op so I can add them and we can track when I swap them out or maybe I'l provide different versions between the two, guess I'll have to see.
    Since you got the Sony camera, you should add the Sony album app, so the camera app has the picture shortcut on the bottom right, or top right when the phone's landscape
    Good idea. Create an issue on github for this.
    Some of the camera icons for manual mode and whatever are off the screen
    Got a screenshot? Please create an issue for this and add that screenshot in there too if you could.
    Since you got the Sony camera app, it might be a good idea to nuke the LineageOS camera app
    Maybe unless people prefer it. I like OpenCamera myself.
    There's no ring around the circle of the navigation bar
    I can add this as an option for theming letting people decide what nav bar they want. Again, create an issue so I can track, I might already have one created for the nav bar, search first on the issue tracker.
    There's probably more, but this list is already quite long
    Keep going, I'm aiming to make this rom amazing so the more ideas the better. And make them all into issues in the issue tracker so I can see them and keep on top of implementing them. I have over 40+ issues I made myself and it's what I use to stay on top of work to do with the project.