• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo)

Search This thread

hockeymikey

Hmm, same problem -> adb devices -> unauthorized

And there is no dialog for accept/store the ADB-Key if u plugin the PC for the first time.
So.. i was using newflasher to flash the stock oreo rom and guess what... the stock rom does the same... so if u flash the stock rom (47.1.A.16.20) without remove any files from the stock-rom-directory and the adb_key still exists... where can it be?

BTW: i can access the stock-rom with adb add the first start at the "Welcome"-Screen... but twrp cant find/use the key which is stored $somewhere
I'm confused, you're having this issue in the rom or in twrp?

muebbel

Nov 12, 2018
I guess its a ROM problem.
And maybe its because of the downgrade from 47.2.A.11.228 to 47.1.A.16.20 ...
It looks like the ROM self accept every ADB-connection (without the prompt to allow the connection), but TWRP needs the adb_key in the storage.

Something is rly broken i guess.

Okopekop674aKEopk3

Feb 20, 2021
@hockeymikey Sorry for the wake up. I had lineage os 18.1 as my daily driver and was looking to migrate to this. I've followed the steps, flashed latest oreo 47.1.A.16.20 with all sin files (but persist), flashed twrp from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528061872,
did a full wipe, then flashed the rom zip from github. i keep getting greeted by a boot loop with the RR liquid boot animation. i've been tampering for a while with no sign of it working anytime soon, i am guessing this is something to do with the drm detecting modifications in the vendor and system partition or something like that, or maybe i did something wrong?
Still can't get it to work, I beg for help

hockeymikey

@hockeymikey Sorry for the wake up. I had lineage os 18.1 as my daily driver and was looking to migrate to this. I've followed the steps, flashed latest oreo 47.1.A.16.20 with all sin files (but persist), flashed twrp from here https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528061872,
did a full wipe, then flashed the rom zip from github. i keep getting greeted by a boot loop with the RR liquid boot animation. i've been tampering for a while with no sign of it working anytime soon, i am guessing this is something to do with the drm detecting modifications in the vendor and system partition or something like that, or maybe i did something wrong?
Still can't get it to work, I beg for help
No worries, always happy to help. Try wiping and flashing again. Sometimes I got into those weird states too where it wasn't working, the kernel was boinked. Took me some time to get it to stick but I got it. Can't remember specifics of those times it happened just that it happened. Flashing any other zips with it?

Okopekop674aKEopk3

Feb 20, 2021
No worries, always happy to help. Try wiping and flashing again. Sometimes I got into those weird states too where it wasn't working, the kernel was boinked. Took me some time to get it to stick but I got it. Can't remember specifics of those times it happened just that it happened. Flashing any other zips with it?

It turns out after flashing I had to also wipe internal storage once again, it booted after doing so, thank you very much!

hockeymikey

It turns out after flashing I had to also wipe internal storage once again, it booted after doing so, thank you very much!
Glad to hear! Let me know if there are any other issues or feedback you have on it. There's some minor issues that are gonna be fixed. I'll probably push out a beta I've been using if I can find the zip I'm using.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
The rom seems pretty good, however, I'm having a few bugs.

The camera does not focus, it stays locked at a certain focus, which means it can't take any photos either.

There is this odd red box that appears around the edges of the screen for a microsecond every so often, and I don't know what it is.

I've set it up the same as @Okopekop674aKEopk3, except I also flashed Magisk and Xposed as well.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
I was able to fix the red box by adding this to the end of build.prop

persist.sys.strictmode.visual=0
persist.sys.strictmode.disable=1

Camera still doesn't focus.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
So I installed Manual Camera, and it takes green pictures. I installed the latest Oreo, and I tried restoring my TA backup, but it still takes green photos.

@hockeymikey

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
So I installed Manual Camera, and it takes green pictures. I installed the latest Oreo, and I tried restoring my TA backup, but it still takes green photos.

@hockeymikey
Hello, i think i was able to focus camera in first build. And also that red box appears after update. And in some time when i downgraded from pie to oreo, camera taking photos normally in RR. I know because i was used first build in Netherlands on vacation and very good photos i have until today.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Hello, i think i was able to focus camera in first build. And also that red box appears after update. And in some time when i downgraded from pie to oreo, camera taking photos normally in RR. I know because i was used first build in Netherlands on vacation and very good photos i have until today.
I flashed stock Oreo, and it appears to have the same bug. Do I need a different ftf?

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
So I appear to have fixed it for stock Oreo at least.

I flashed this, then used newflasher to flash the firm20.zip

I'm now going to try the ROM

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
So the camera now works, but it doesn't save the photos.

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself.

Last edited:

hockeymikey

I guess you never found that zip
Found it. new release out. Fixes the issues that were caused by the incorrect build procedure. I've been using this release on my device for many months with no issues besides nitpicky ones that are on my list to-do like the system dark theme not properly theming certain dialogs and notifications correctly. Oh and it includes signature spoofing so you can use MicroG perfectly with this rom now.

@hockeymikey
That's strange, what version of the firmware? I screwed up without a TA backup on mine and still had no issues. When in doubt wipe everything and flash again a-new and clean. I have a Z5C that I struggled to get corrected in a similar fashion.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Found it. new release out. Fixes the issues that were caused by the incorrect build procedure. I've been using this release on my device for many months with no issues besides nitpicky ones that are on my list to-do like the system dark theme not properly theming certain dialogs and notifications correctly. Oh and it includes signature spoofing so you can use MicroG perfectly with this rom now.

That's strange, what version of the firmware? I screwed up without a TA backup on mine and still had no issues. When in doubt wipe everything and flash again a-new and clean. I have a Z5C that I struggled to get corrected in a similar fashion.
Do I just dirty flash, or should I wipe everything again?

Also, I used 47.1.A.16.20, but ended up fixing it.

hockeymikey

Do I just dirty flash, or should I wipe everything again?

Also, I used 47.1.A.16.20, but ended up fixing it.
Did flashing that other rom you linked, fullmod fix the issue? I would personally wipe everything via twrp and do a clean flash. You can try a dirty flash if you want and let us know how it goes, I'm unsure due to the two being built differently. I know there might be issues when I change the signing keys of the builds when I fully implement OTA, but I'll make sure to test that myself on my test device and my main before I push it out and once OTA is there life will be good and updates will be easy. Maybe make some different branches like stable vs beta so people can help test if they desire.

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Did flashing that other rom you linked, fullmod fix the issue? I would personally wipe everything via twrp and do a clean flash. You can try a dirty flash if you want and let us know how it goes, I'm unsure due to the two being built differently. I know there might be issues when I change the signing keys of the builds when I fully implement OTA, but I'll make sure to test that myself on my test device and my main before I push it out and once OTA is there life will be good and updates will be easy. Maybe make some different branches like stable vs beta so people can help test if they desire.
I think I'll just clean flash, there were some bugs with some features that I had to use Gravitybox to get around, so it might be a good idea to see if those work, and report any bugs found on a fresh install.

Reactions: hockeymikey

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
So, finally gotten around to testing the ROM, and I've made sort of a bug and wish list.

The OS doesn't like being built with public keys
The security patch is old af
I don't like that the ROM ships with Google clock and wallpapers, would prefer AOSP/LineageOS versions
Since you got the Sony camera, you should add the Sony album app, so the camera app has the picture shortcut on the bottom right, or top right when the phone's landscape
Some of the camera icons for manual mode and whatever are off the screen
Since you got the Sony camera app, it might be a good idea to nuke the LineageOS camera app
There's no ring around the circle of the navigation bar

There's probably more, but this list is already quite long

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrection Remix Oreo

If you're not familiar with Resurrection Remix (RR), it's a very customizable and feature rich ROM. It's packed with some many great features like a notification ticker (like in the good ol' Kitkat days), styling changes, custom gestures, and more! RR is based on LineageOS. This is a build originally developed on by (russel5), but abandoned in favor of AospEx and Pie projects of his. Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction taken in Pie and will be sticking with Oreo. I'll be developing the rom further with features, bug fixes and enhancements. Any suggestions or bugs should be opened as an issue on the Github.

Please report any issues you have on the Github. The issue tracker helps me keep organized and on top of stuff.

Downloads
    GitHub

Installation
    1. Download firmware zip
    2. Download OpenGapps/MicroG/Whatever
    3. Push to phone
    4. Reboot to recovery (recommend TWRP) and do a full wipe
    5. Flash RR then whatever else after (Gapps, ect)
    6. Reboot
    7. ???
    8. Profit

General Info:
    If you have issues with the camera being green, make sure you update your firmware to the most recent Oreo one via newflasher. I will update this with information regarding this. It's been months since I did it so I need to remember and hunt the files down I used (which is hard since my last computer died and I switched to Linux). I'd backup your Drm keys before doing anything if you do.

Exclude when flashing:
    * fotakernel.sin
    * kernel.sin
    * simlock.ta (if you have it)
    * system.sin
    * userdata.sin
    * vendor.sin

Forced encryption is disabled. If you want it make sure to flash the boot img attached. Many users have bootloops so use at your own caution. To flash use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Special thanks to:
    @modpunk
    @russel5
    Anyone else I'm forgetting

Source:
    Repo

XDA:DevDB Information
    [G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo), ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    hockeymikey
    Source Code: https://github.com/hockeymikey/android_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 6.2.1

Created 4/19/2020
    Last Updated 5/13/2021
    I think I'll just clean flash, there were some bugs with some features that I had to use Gravitybox to get around, so it might be a good idea to see if those work, and report any bugs found on a fresh install.
    So, finally gotten around to testing the ROM, and I've made sort of a bug and wish list.
    The OS doesn't like being built with public keys
    Something I'm gonna be looking into with the shipping of OTA builds. It's been on the radar
    The security patch is old af
    Also on the radar to get caught up but a bigger project obviously. ResurrectionRemix is no longer updated for oreo so I'm doing this all on my own, I just can't pull from upstream.
    I don't like that the ROM ships with Google clock and wallpapers, would prefer AOSP/LineageOS versions
    Create new issues on the github linked in the op so I can add them and we can track when I swap them out or maybe I'l provide different versions between the two, guess I'll have to see.
    Since you got the Sony camera, you should add the Sony album app, so the camera app has the picture shortcut on the bottom right, or top right when the phone's landscape
    Good idea. Create an issue on github for this.
    Some of the camera icons for manual mode and whatever are off the screen
    Got a screenshot? Please create an issue for this and add that screenshot in there too if you could.
    Since you got the Sony camera app, it might be a good idea to nuke the LineageOS camera app
    Maybe unless people prefer it. I like OpenCamera myself.
    There's no ring around the circle of the navigation bar
    I can add this as an option for theming letting people decide what nav bar they want. Again, create an issue so I can track, I might already have one created for the nav bar, search first on the issue tracker.
    There's probably more, but this list is already quite long
    Keep going, I'm aiming to make this rom amazing so the more ideas the better. And make them all into issues in the issue tracker so I can see them and keep on top of implementing them. I have over 40+ issues I made myself and it's what I use to stay on top of work to do with the project.