[G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo)

Search This thread

hockeymikey

Aug 12, 2014
hockeymikey.com
So, finally gotten around to testing the ROM, and I've made sort of a bug and wish list.
The OS doesn't like being built with public keys
Something I'm gonna be looking into with the shipping of OTA builds. It's been on the radar
The security patch is old af
Also on the radar to get caught up but a bigger project obviously. ResurrectionRemix is no longer updated for oreo so I'm doing this all on my own, I just can't pull from upstream.
I don't like that the ROM ships with Google clock and wallpapers, would prefer AOSP/LineageOS versions
Create new issues on the github linked in the op so I can add them and we can track when I swap them out or maybe I'l provide different versions between the two, guess I'll have to see.
Since you got the Sony camera, you should add the Sony album app, so the camera app has the picture shortcut on the bottom right, or top right when the phone's landscape
Good idea. Create an issue on github for this.
Some of the camera icons for manual mode and whatever are off the screen
Got a screenshot? Please create an issue for this and add that screenshot in there too if you could.
Since you got the Sony camera app, it might be a good idea to nuke the LineageOS camera app
Maybe unless people prefer it. I like OpenCamera myself.
There's no ring around the circle of the navigation bar
I can add this as an option for theming letting people decide what nav bar they want. Again, create an issue so I can track, I might already have one created for the nav bar, search first on the issue tracker.
There's probably more, but this list is already quite long
Keep going, I'm aiming to make this rom amazing so the more ideas the better. And make them all into issues in the issue tracker so I can see them and keep on top of implementing them. I have over 40+ issues I made myself and it's what I use to stay on top of work to do with the project.

Reactions: asdf2345

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, finally gotten around to testing the ROM, and I've made sort of a bug and wish list.
    Something I'm gonna be looking into with the shipping of OTA builds. It's been on the radar
    Also on the radar to get caught up but a bigger project obviously. ResurrectionRemix is no longer updated for oreo so I'm doing this all on my own, I just can't pull from upstream.
    I don't like that the ROM ships with Google clock and wallpapers, would prefer AOSP/LineageOS versions
    Create new issues on the github linked in the op so I can add them and we can track when I swap them out or maybe I'l provide different versions between the two, guess I'll have to see.
    Since you got the Sony camera, you should add the Sony album app, so the camera app has the picture shortcut on the bottom right, or top right when the phone's landscape
    Got a screenshot? Please create an issue for this and add that screenshot in there too if you could.
    Since you got the Sony camera app, it might be a good idea to nuke the LineageOS camera app
    I can add this as an option for theming letting people decide what nav bar they want. Again, create an issue so I can track, I might already have one created for the nav bar, search first on the issue tracker.
    Keep going, I'm aiming to make this rom amazing so the more ideas the better. And make them all into issues in the issue tracker so I can see them and keep on top of implementing them. I have over 40+ issues I made myself and it's what I use to stay on top of work to do with the project.
    Resurrection Remix Oreo

If you're not familiar with Resurrection Remix (RR), it's a very customizable and feature rich ROM. It's packed with some many great features like a notification ticker (like in the good ol' Kitkat days), styling changes, custom gestures, and more! RR is based on LineageOS. This is a build originally developed on by (russel5), but abandoned in favor of AospEx and Pie projects of his. Personally, I'm not a fan of the direction taken in Pie and will be sticking with Oreo. I'll be developing the rom further with features, bug fixes and enhancements. Any suggestions or bugs should be opened as an issue on the Github.

Please report any issues you have on the Github. The issue tracker helps me keep organized and on top of stuff.

Downloads
    GitHub

Installation
    1. Download firmware zip
    2. Download OpenGapps/MicroG/Whatever
    3. Push to phone
    4. Reboot to recovery (recommend TWRP) and do a full wipe
    5. Flash RR then whatever else after (Gapps, ect)
    6. Reboot
    7. ???
    8. Profit

General Info:
    If you have issues with the camera being green, make sure you update your firmware to the most recent Oreo one via newflasher. I will update this with information regarding this. It's been months since I did it so I need to remember and hunt the files down I used (which is hard since my last computer died and I switched to Linux). I'd backup your Drm keys before doing anything if you do.

Exclude when flashing:
    * fotakernel.sin
    * kernel.sin
    * simlock.ta (if you have it)
    * system.sin
    * userdata.sin
    * vendor.sin

Forced encryption is disabled. If you want it make sure to flash the boot img attached. Many users have bootloops so use at your own caution. To flash use fastboot flash boot boot.img

Special thanks to:
    @modpunk
    @russel5
    Anyone else I'm forgetting

Source:
    Repo

XDA:DevDB Information
    [G8441, XZ1c] [8.1] Resurrection Remix v6.2.1 (Oreo), ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    hockeymikey
    Source Code: https://github.com/hockeymikey/android_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: LOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 6.2.1

Created 4/19/2020
    Last Updated 5/13/2021
    Did flashing that other rom you linked, fullmod fix the issue? I would personally wipe everything via twrp and do a clean flash. You can try a dirty flash if you want and let us know how it goes, I'm unsure due to the two being built differently. I know there might be issues when I change the signing keys of the builds when I fully implement OTA, but I'll make sure to test that myself on my test device and my main before I push it out and once OTA is there life will be good and updates will be easy. Maybe make some different branches like stable vs beta so people can help test if they desire.
    I think I'll just clean flash, there were some bugs with some features that I had to use Gravitybox to get around, so it might be a good idea to see if those work, and report any bugs found on a fresh install.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone