• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[G8441,XZ1C,lilac]AospExtendedRom (Oreo)

Search This thread

justinkase36

May 27, 2018
Thank you so much for that awesome ROM! Its greate and so many settings for all kind of things.

But there seems to be a bug, when I try to keep my notification LED to be on constantly (without pulsing) when I get a message. I can set the controller "Light OFF time during led pulse (ms)" to 0, so the LED just stays on. But when i leave the setting menu and enter it again, the controller jumps back to "Def" (which is 2000 ms).

Is there any chance, to keep the light permanently on?

Thanks a lot

Val81

Jan 14, 2016
I installed TWRP recovery and this ROM but I'm stuck at Sony logo...
Any advice to resolve that and try this ROM?

Kofoedsan

May 22, 2016
I installed TWRP recovery and this ROM but I'm stuck at Sony logo...
Any advice to resolve that and try this ROM?

Ok, but if I connect Xperia XZ1 Compact in its actual state of eternal boot to pc I can't see it and so it's impossible to add any file to internal storage!
I'd like to boot in recovery mode and have access to TWRP but it seems quite impossible since vol- + power doesn't work.....

Hold both volume buttons and the power button to force the phone off. When the phone vibrates, hold only the volume down and power button.

Once the screen comes on you can release the power button.

That should get you into recovery

Val81

Jan 14, 2016
Hold both volume buttons and the power button to force the phone off. When the phone vibrates, hold only the volume down and power button.

Once the screen comes on you can release the power button.

That should get you into recovery

Unfortunately it doesn't work and I'm stuck to Sony logo :(

Kofoedsan

May 22, 2016
Unfortunately it doesn't work and I'm stuck to Sony logo :(

Are you holding both volume up and down while also pressing the power button? Does the phone reboot at least? Try and hold all 3 keys for 10 seconds at least.

EDIT:

You could also try and plug in the phone to a charger, then hold the power button and volume(s) buttons. It should reboot into charging. Once you disconnect it it should be powered off.

Hope it helps.

Kofoedsan

May 22, 2016
I plugged it and I had the charging state reboot.

Great. Now unplug the cord and let it turn off.
If you have TWRP installed you should be able to boot into it now by holding volume down and pressing the power button.

Hopefully! If not TWRP may not be properly installed? You could try and flash it again or reset the phone altogether I suppose.

Val81

Jan 14, 2016
Great. Now unplug the cord and let it turn off.
If you have TWRP installed you should be able to boot into it now by holding volume down and pressing the power button.

Hopefully! If not TWRP may not be properly installed? You could try and flash it again or reset the phone altogether I suppose.

Unfortunately what you suggested didn't work!

But I flashed again twrp using flashtool and I solved my problem! :laugh::cowboy:

Grizzly`

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you very much, russel5, for your great work! I have had this ROM on my new phone for 2 weeks now, and it is doing great with no issues at all so far. It is good that some people spend the effort to support the less widespread models (and not just the ubiquitous samsung stuff).

I was originally kind of sad to see you give up on RR, since I had been using RR for several years on my 2 previous phones, but having used AEX for a couple of weeks now I am happy again ;)

Do you happen to know if it is possible for a custom ROM to support MHL on the XZ1 compact? I know that MHL isn't supported in stock, but it is not really clear to me if this is a hardware limitation or a software limitation introduced by Sony in the stock ROM. After all, the 835 itself does support this feature.

wyt18

fingerprint sensor waking device?

I'm on the stock rom but was hoping for some help from users of this rom ...

in the stock rom, the fingerprint sensor only works when the screen is on. this pretty much defeats the purpose of having a sensor if one has to press the power button to turn on the phone

on AOSP, I understand the fingerprint sensor wakes the phone, without having to first press the power button on

can someone here share the keylayout files in usr/keylayout (both /vendor and /system) for me to compare to the stock files? i'm wondering if putting a "WAKE" next to specified key for the fingerprint sensor in the keylayout files would give it the ability to detect presses while the screen is off

thanks!

Reactions: greenlabel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AospExtended ROM for XZ1 Compact
    View attachment 4629057
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Code:
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you have an unlock Bootloader

Please if you have Locked Bootloader you may check this http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
    Code:
    WORKING
    - RIL
    - Mic
    - Sound (Speaker and Headset)
    - LED
    - Thermal Manager
    - Audio and Video Decoders/Encoders
    - Camera (WIP)
    - Gcam Mod
    Code:
    BUGS
    - Not finding
    - Post in this thread
    Code:
    HOW-TO INSTALL
    - Download ROM zip
    - Download Gapps zip
    - Download OEM files
    - Flash ROM, flash Gapps in custom recovery
    - TURN OFF YOUR PHONE
    - Flash OEM files
    [B]fastboot flash oem name_of_oem.img[/B]
    - Turn on your phone
    Code:
    [B]DOWNLOAD
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1l6mavZTr-XcXI0lmKyUDOJhZTET9FqLo"]HERE[/URL][/B]
    XDA:DevDB Information
    AEX ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    russel5, jerpelea, ishubhamsingh, Sony's AOSP teams
    Source Code: https://github.com/russel5/aex_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4
    Beta Release Date: 2019-04-07

Created 2018-10-28
    Last Updated 2019-04-07
    Yes its ready, only one general bug needed to fixing. Device cant wake up after deep sleep, only force reboot. This bug on all yoshino plarform phones
    FAQ.
    Q: My phone not bootup (bootloop) after flashing this ROM.
    A: This is because i'm disabled force encryption. Just use format data in custom recovery to solve this issue.
    Changelog.
    v1
    - initial release
    v2
    - added RGBC-IR sensor
    - minor fixes
    v3 (28.11.18)
    - security patch updated
    - minor fixes in source code
    v4
    - official TOF sensor calibration
    - OEM v17