• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[G8441,XZ1C,lilac]AospExtendedRom (Oreo)

Search This thread

doobie12

Mar 25, 2019
Does xperia companion work on unlocked bootloader xz1 compact? meaning, if I try to flash this ROM and fail (getting bootloops), is it possible to repair the phone with xperia companion?
I'm thinking about downgrading to OREO with this ROM because the stock ROMS cause bootloops for me... (fixed it with xperia companion)
thx

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
@russel5 I installed your latest build (23.03.) today and wanted to flash gapps afterwards. I got this message that Google apps were already installed. I wiped everything again and only installed the rom, rebooted and found that some Google apps are indeed already installed. Did you include them in the rom?

btw. it is working great so far. For some reason, random reboots started a few days ago on your previous build. I will test the new build. Thank you for your work!

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8

danish0175

Oct 3, 2016
Okay great, that answers my question :) thank you sir! Keep up the fantastic work :good:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

See post 82 on page 9 :good: unofficial but I use it as a daily driver.

Mine always result in a bootloop whenever I clean flash it over aex Oreo ,can you pls enlighten me on how to flash it

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
Mine always result in a bootloop whenever I clean flash it over aex Oreo ,can you pls enlighten me on how to flash it

I did it this way: boot into recovery, format data, wipe, flash rom, shut down, boot info recovery, flash sw binaries, reboot :good:

be warned: all your user data is wiped, so please back up everything you need.

EDIT: I just realised you tried to flash this over Oreo, which will not work.

danish0175

Oct 3, 2016
I did it this way: boot into recovery, format data, wipe, flash rom, shut down, boot info recovery, flash sw binaries, reboot :good:

Over what will I flash it?????

Unbounded

Nov 4, 2018

Probably noob question, but where to flash sw binaries? in system or somewhere else.

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
Probably noob question, but where to flash sw binaries? in system or somewhere else.

You will find them in russel5's repo which you can find in post 82, together with the most current and awesome AEX version. You can install it via adb using the command "fastboot flash oem *name_of_the_file.img* and that's pretty much it. After that, you can fastboot reboot your device.

Unbounded

Nov 4, 2018
You will find them in russel5's repo which you can find in post 82, together with the most current and awesome AEX version. You can install it via adb using the command "fastboot flash oem *name_of_the_file.img* and that's pretty much it. After that, you can fastboot reboot your device.

Well, thanks for previous information.

But is it stable for daily use, how about camera (in general and RAW image capture), deep sleep and random reboots or any other bugs known so far?

Last edited:

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
Well, thanks for previous information.

But is it stable for daily use, how about camera (in general and RAW image capture), deep sleep and random reboots or any other bugs known so far?

For the less than two days of usage, it works great so far :D I can take photos with the camera, no green film (never had this, actually, and never did anything special to avoid it), RAW and JPEG work both with Open Camera. No reboot yet, don't know what you mean with deep sleep but I guess not. Hope that helps :good:

BTW can someone tell me where to find the Sony stock camera app? It was included in the Oreo version, if I remember correctly.

Unbounded

Nov 4, 2018
Reactions: DerSteppo and Wyzco

goon-heaven

Aug 8, 2015
Google Pixel 4
AEX Pie 28/3/19: mic not working in either Whatsapp or on Phone call.

I tried Recorder but it went to Retro Music but that crashes during scan. Doh, test inconclusive.

I downloaded Mic Test from PlayStore.
No sound recorded in "Direct Sound" mic mode.
Sound records good in "Communication" mode.

So mic works, but something is blocking "Direct Sound" mic mode.

I find nothing in settings re Mic.

Any ideas?

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
For me, mic works on phone calls but I have not tried WhatsApp.

Unfortunately, I have experienced the first random reboot this morning :( I start to think that it might have something to do with Magisk / modules....

goon-heaven

Aug 8, 2015
Google Pixel 4
I have reflashed stock Pie so to access the service menu. Main mic is dead. I return it for a refund.
AEX Pie is fast and flexible - the best! but the camera is terrible with its sub-megabit resolution blur. I get my Z5C repaired.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AospExtended ROM for XZ1 Compact
    View attachment 4629057
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Code:
    IMPORTANT: Make sure you have an unlock Bootloader

Please if you have Locked Bootloader you may check this http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/
    Code:
    WORKING
    - RIL
    - Mic
    - Sound (Speaker and Headset)
    - LED
    - Thermal Manager
    - Audio and Video Decoders/Encoders
    - Camera (WIP)
    - Gcam Mod
    Code:
    BUGS
    - Not finding
    - Post in this thread
    Code:
    HOW-TO INSTALL
    - Download ROM zip
    - Download Gapps zip
    - Download OEM files
    - Flash ROM, flash Gapps in custom recovery
    - TURN OFF YOUR PHONE
    - Flash OEM files
    [B]fastboot flash oem name_of_oem.img[/B]
    - Turn on your phone
    Code:
    [B]DOWNLOAD
    [URL="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1l6mavZTr-XcXI0lmKyUDOJhZTET9FqLo"]HERE[/URL][/B]
    XDA:DevDB Information
    AEX ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    russel5, jerpelea, ishubhamsingh, Sony's AOSP teams
    Source Code: https://github.com/russel5/aex_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4
    Beta Release Date: 2019-04-07

Created 2018-10-28
    Last Updated 2019-04-07
    Yes its ready, only one general bug needed to fixing. Device cant wake up after deep sleep, only force reboot. This bug on all yoshino plarform phones
    FAQ.
    Q: My phone not bootup (bootloop) after flashing this ROM.
    A: This is because i'm disabled force encryption. Just use format data in custom recovery to solve this issue.
    Changelog.
    v1
    - initial release
    v2
    - added RGBC-IR sensor
    - minor fixes
    v3 (28.11.18)
    - security patch updated
    - minor fixes in source code
    v4
    - official TOF sensor calibration
    - OEM v17