G9 plus stuck on logo screen. Can photos +videos be recovered after factory reset?

Search This thread

SRober

Nov 27, 2008
Dear forum,

G9 plus has been fine from release. Until now, where at some point in the night the phone ended up in first M logo screen and stuck. (was it a failed OTA update?)

Initially I have been presented with the TRY AGAIN or FACTORY RESET as options. I have tried TRY AGAIN many times. I haven't tried FACTORY RESET as it says it will delete user data, and having not backed up photos in recent times I want to avoid if possible (although looking through I haven't found an alternative that will get the phone back.)

I have tried the power button and volume down, and then the power button and volume up, but none of the options available in those modes do anything to resolve......a reset there is also going to delete. (Is this the same factory reset, just in a text only interface?) When I do the graphics test the phone goes through an update to the graphics has and error and then installs graphics again which does through; but that does resolve anything either, I'm not sure what that is installing, but it doesn't nudge the thing back to life unfortunately.

Also, the USB port on the phone will not register with the computer, as the PC now won't recognise the device......so I can't use any ways of looking at the phone that use PC and the USB lead (unless I'm doing something wrong) Is that the driver of the USB on the phone not engaging because the system doesn't load up?

I have looked at posts and found very scant reference to recovery software, with much scepticism on whether they work. I was wondering whether anyone has had success with these types of software and are there other options using techniques found on this forum that would be more reliable (if I were to learn them).

Some software says that they phone doesn't have to be rooted, some say that they do. Is the requirement to root better because it would produce better results? Or would there be no difference / likelihood? I take it the rooting would have to be done after a reset? And would that risk deleting more data areas on the memory and then decrease the likelihood of getting photos undeleted.

Are local phone repair shops going to have set ups that will produce safe and better results? Do they use these recovery softwares?

I would appreciate any advice.....and getting my phone back asap ! And by miracle get photos and videos back.

BTW, I haven't yet done the factory reset, I take it if I select it on either the TRY AGAIN screen or the other low format list then it would reliably bring the phone back to as bought? Or are there problems where this is not a guarantee?

Kind regards
Steve

SRober

Nov 27, 2008
PS> I don't have an SD card installed. All data, including photos are on the internal phone memory.
PPS. Of the recovery softwares, has anyone had success with them on internal memory, any that you would recommend?

SRober

Nov 27, 2008
The error that shows is No bootable A/B slot error.

Searching people describe using Android SDK Platform tools and the replacing boot.img file...........Will this method work if currently I can't get the USB to see the phone on the PC, ie will the tools be able to communicate with the phone?

Is there any method that can do this kind of thing via a SD card. I have no way of identifying whether an SD card would be seen.

Regards
Steve

SRober

Nov 27, 2008
Well, got a replacement USB board for the phone and swapped out in case of hardware fault on the data part of the usb socket.............(full usb failure has happened to most of my past phones)

Still the same:

Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tried the drivers from motorola. Following other hints online, none appear to resolve.

Anyone ?

jhenao12

Sep 21, 2020
Dear forum,

G9 plus has been fine from release. Until now, where at some point in the night the phone ended up in first M logo screen and stuck. (was it a failed OTA update?)

Initially I have been presented with the TRY AGAIN or FACTORY RESET as options. I have tried TRY AGAIN many times. I haven't tried FACTORY RESET as it says it will delete user data, and having not backed up photos in recent times I want to avoid if possible (although looking through I haven't found an alternative that will get the phone back.)

I have tried the power button and volume down, and then the power button and volume up, but none of the options available in those modes do anything to resolve......a reset there is also going to delete. (Is this the same factory reset, just in a text only interface?) When I do the graphics test the phone goes through an update to the graphics has and error and then installs graphics again which does through; but that does resolve anything either, I'm not sure what that is installing, but it doesn't nudge the thing back to life unfortunately.

Also, the USB port on the phone will not register with the computer, as the PC now won't recognise the device......so I can't use any ways of looking at the phone that use PC and the USB lead (unless I'm doing something wrong) Is that the driver of the USB on the phone not engaging because the system doesn't load up?

I have looked at posts and found very scant reference to recovery software, with much scepticism on whether they work. I was wondering whether anyone has had success with these types of software and are there other options using techniques found on this forum that would be more reliable (if I were to learn them).

Algunos programas dicen que el teléfono no tiene que estar rooteado, otros dicen que sí. ¿Es el requisito de rootear mejor porque produciría mejores resultados? ¿O no habría diferencia/probabilidad? ¿Supongo que el enraizamiento tendría que hacerse después de un reinicio? Y eso correría el riesgo de eliminar más áreas de datos en la memoria y luego disminuiría la probabilidad de recuperar las fotos.

¿Los talleres locales de reparación de teléfonos tendrán configuraciones que producirán mejores resultados y más seguros? ¿Utilizan estos softwares de recuperación?

Agradecería cualquier consejo... ¡y recuperar mi teléfono lo antes posible! Y de milagro recuperar fotos y videos.

Por cierto, todavía no he realizado el restablecimiento de fábrica, lo tomo si lo selecciono en la pantalla INTENTAR DE NUEVO o en la otra lista de formato bajo, ¿entonces devolvería el teléfono de manera confiable a como lo compré? ¿O hay problemas en los que esto no es una garantía?

Atentamente
Steve

SRober

Nov 27, 2008
For info,

That requires a usb to connect......... got access to forum, which didn't come up with any answer other than try a hard reset (which I'd already done) Also found user complaining about being left on Android 11...........anyway last update appears to have wrecked my phone or hardware has broken down with no answer other than in the end being told to send for repair.......so no chance of getting any lost photos :-(