G900P MM downgrade

Search This thread

highspeedfelon

Jun 3, 2014
HI I was wondering if anyone could help verify that the downgrade is possible from 6.0 to 5.0 OK4. I used Odin to flash the stock OK4 firmware to my phone when I was on the 6.0MM firmware and I just want some one that is willing to test what I did just to verify that I wasn't just lucky.

What I did was while on 6.0 I setup ADB for the phone, rebooted to download mode and used Odin3-v3.10.6 to flash G900PVPU3BOK4_G900PSPT3BOK4_G900PVPU3BOK4_HOME.tar (got this from sammobile). When phone rebooted it got stuck at the boost logo screen for longer than I liked so I used "ADB reboot recovery" command and in recovery did a factory reset and then booted into system and I am having no issues. So can some one else test this so that I know it is a 100% way to downgrade?

Reactions: pixelodin

gobluefanjp

May 8, 2014
I just flashed the OK4 tar via odin to go back to stock and take the MM update again. I wiped everything but internal and external storage in TWRP first. It's currently downloading the MM update.

pyrochance

Aug 27, 2012
Fort Worth
i've successfully taken the PCA update twice, and used ODIN to go back to OK4 and update once again.

the bootloader does not appear to lock firmware.

pyrochance

Aug 27, 2012
Fort Worth
So you just odin back to ok4? No other steps required?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Correct, because when you odin OK4 it restores the stock recovery and everything else etc, so everything is stock again, system status is official etc. then you can either download the OTA as normal or take the zip from your thread and update from stock recovery. i've done it both methods.

djxn40

May 9, 2015
Correct, because when you odin OK4 it restores the stock recovery and everything else etc, so everything is stock again, system status is official etc. then you can either download the OTA as normal or take the zip from your thread and update from stock recovery. i've done it both methods.
I assumed you couldn't revert. That's awesome though thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ZedDedd

Jun 26, 2013
Are you rooted? I'm not rooted, and from BOK4 I was not able to downgrade via Odin to an earlier firmware that supports towelroot. I am now on Android 6 (OTA). Question - on Android 6 is it now possible to downgrade to an earlier firmware (without root, and without tripping knox)? If so is it only to BOK4? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
Are you rooted? I'm not rooted, and from BOK4 I was not able to downgrade via Odin to an earlier firmware that supports towelroot. I am now on Android 6 (OTA). Question - on Android 6 is it now possible to downgrade to an earlier firmware (without root, and without tripping knox)? If so is it only to BOK4? Thanks in advance.

Yes. You can only downgrade to OK4. If you weren't able to go to a previous version when on OK4 why would you be able to once beyond it?

ZedDedd

Jun 26, 2013
Yes. You can only downgrade to OK4. If you weren't able to go to a previous version when on OK4 why would you be able to once beyond it?
Thanks Kreatur3, was thinking that with the new firmware they might have relaxed their restriction on downgrading. I would think that with any new official firmware, they could pretty much do whatever they want, like even take out all protections and allow you to root without tripping knox (which I know they wouldn't), or am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
Thanks Kreatur3, was thinking that with the new firmware they might have relaxed their restriction on downgrading. I would think that with any new official firmware, they could pretty much do whatever they want, like even take out all protections and allow you to root without tripping knox (which I know they wouldn't), or am I misunderstanding something?

They could allow it but won't. It's obvious with the direction they are going with the s7. I can see why maybe providers don't want you to have that power but don't know why the manufacturer cares. Beyond the pressure from cell phone companies. I don't care about knox personally. I'm way beyond the warranty period and trip it every time the day I gety phones.

Reactions: ZedDedd
HI I was wondering if anyone could help verify that the downgrade is possible from 6.0 to 5.0 OK4. I used Odin to flash the stock OK4 firmware to my phone when I was on the 6.0MM firmware and I just want some one that is willing to test what I did just to verify that I wasn't just lucky.

What I did was while on 6.0 I setup ADB for the phone, rebooted to download mode and used Odin3-v3.10.6 to flash G900PVPU3BOK4_G900PSPT3BOK4_G900PVPU3BOK4_HOME.tar (got this from sammobile). When phone rebooted it got stuck at the boost logo screen for longer than I liked so I used "ADB reboot recovery" command and in recovery did a factory reset and then booted into system and I am having no issues. So can some one else test this so that I know it is a 100% way to downgrade?
You are a life saver it feels like i have been searching for a fix for ages and then my path led to here.
I am confirming i have downgraded successfully and i was on 6.0.1 MM tried OA6 and few more nothing worked but the OK4.
Thank You

TweetyBear

Jan 26, 2008
MS
I'm having a bit of trouble. I was on MM, then the phone started freezing up. So I went back to OK4 but I can't get past the Samsung boot up logo. It stays on there forever and doesn't move past it. I even tried to replays through Odin multiple times but still not working. I'm stuck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can also confirm that too, I just did a downgrade to OK4, after I unsuccessfully tried to downgrade to OA6. I assume that pyrochance (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66266625&postcount=138) is right.

They could allow it but won't. It's obvious with the direction they are going with the s7. I can see why maybe providers don't want you to have that power but don't know why the manufacturer cares. Beyond the pressure from cell phone companies. I don't care about knox personally. I'm way beyond the warranty period and trip it every time the day I gety phones.
    You are a life saver it feels like i have been searching for a fix for ages and then my path led to here.
    I am confirming i have downgraded successfully and i was on 6.0.1 MM tried OA6 and few more nothing worked but the OK4.
    Thank You

You are welcome.