[G920F] Android 6.0.1 (Official) for Galaxy S6/S6 Edge | 02/22/2016

Search This thread

roughavoc

Jan 18, 2011
Is it possible to revert back to a 5.1.1 after you have installed this beta? I have tried with a BTU ROM and just receive the error SW rev. check failed Device: 3, Binary: 1 / SW rev. check failed Device: 3, Binary: 2

I spent a fair amount of time trying to find a solution but to no success, I read that after the 5.1.1 update it wasn't possible to go back to 5.0.2, is it the same and therefore I will have to wait for the official 6.0.1 update to be released to jump off the beta version?

Reactions: giodeluigi

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Is it possible to revert back to a 5.1.1 after you have installed this beta? I have tried with a BTU ROM and just receive the error SW rev. check failed Device: 3, Binary: 1 / SW rev. check failed Device: 3, Binary: 2

I spent a fair amount of time trying to find a solution but to no success, I read that after the 5.1.1 update it wasn't possible to go back to 5.0.2, is it the same and therefore I will have to wait for the official 6.0.1 update to be released to jump off the beta version?
You can downgrade

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pilotgav

Oct 26, 2007
Toronto
Looks like this won't work with the Canadian S6.

Odin fails.
odin.png

Darn!

Last edited:

tann3rdk

Jul 11, 2010
Copenhagen
This works for me but only when using oldboot and Philz recovery from arter97. Otherwise the phone goes blank when booting into recovery.

For me this is the best working unofficial 6.0.1 upgrade.

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
It's weird that Titanium backup isn't working on S6 running M 6.0.1, but it does work on my HTC M8 running android 6.0.1. That is some weird Samsung bug in my opinion.
At this point i would like to say that, It is great to see someone brave enough to develop marshmallow rom for our device.:good:
It does have complex flashing procedure, especially if you want to use recovery, but i guess it's not for faint hearted.

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
It's weird that Titanium backup isn't working on S6 running M 6.0.1, but it does work on my HTC M8 running android 6.0.1. That is some weird Samsung bug in my opinion.
At this point i would like to say that, It is great to see someone brave enough to develop marshmallow rom for our device.:good:
It does have complex flashing procedure, especially if you want to use recovery, but i guess it's not for faint hearted.

At least you can restore your apps incl app settings with Titanium. Just create an update.zip of your Titanium app backup inside Titanium, then boot into TWRP and install the update.zip.

ole12

Jan 19, 2011
In the install process you install TWRP, but after the process is finished and the M 6.0.1 is up and running, the phone wont but into recovery?

Tried to install Xposed, ended up in bootloop since I used TWRP app to boot into recovery (and since there wasnt a TWRP, it just bootlooped until I used ODIN to flash back to stock - and then M 6.0.1)

So how do I get TWRP to work again so I can flash xposed?

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
In the install process you install TWRP, but after the process is finished and the M 6.0.1 is up and running, the phone wont but into recovery?

Tried to install Xposed, ended up in bootloop since I used TWRP app to boot into recovery (and since there wasnt a TWRP, it just bootlooped until I used ODIN to flash back to stock - and then M 6.0.1)

So how do I get TWRP to work again so I can flash xposed?

Some phones don`t boot in TWRP with hardware combination or even adb, but with 4 way boot from Playstore, you can even in 6.01.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ids.fourwayboot&hl=de

Reactions: bangelius and pbls

anosis

Oct 25, 2007
SJB, CA
I have managed to downgrade to a custom 5.1.1 ROM but not to a original stock rom, is it just a matter of finding the version that came with the phone out of the factory?

If you use Smart Switch (KIES replacement) you can factory reset your phone with the same firmware it came with when shipped. You will need to know the SN of the phone to complete this process and an active internet connection.

Reactions: roughavoc

roughavoc

Jan 18, 2011
If you use Smart Switch (KIES replacement) you can factory reset your phone with the same firmware it came with when shipped. You will need to know the SN of the phone to complete this process and an active internet connection.

Thanks, was attempting this and it worked! Thought I knew it all from the SGS1 times, never wanted to touch any samsung software then but it seems to do the trick perfectly now, only took em a couple of years :D

vatis24

May 31, 2010
Nicosia
Everything working great, i feel the system to run amazingly good and fast.
Thanks for sharing
Edit: Multitasking its unbelievable improved. Opening apps like used to be with out reloading. Great job
Vatis

Last edited:
Reactions: joggi34

pbls

Account currently disabled
Oct 2, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
one more happy camper, very fluid and everything works until now,and I'm loving having full notification bar as we have in 4.4.nice work man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will just leave this here.

(official TWRP v3 with kernel binary swapped out with latest official Samsung binary, and SELinux patched out, move to official v3 once they get that working)
    Update 02/22/2016: Android 6.0.1 (Official) for Galaxy S6/S6 Edge
    Download Rom Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 Edge - G920F: HERE
    Download Rom Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 Edge - G925F HERE
    Download Rom Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 - G920S/L/K HERE
    Download Rom Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S6 Edge - G925S/L/K HERE

# Install TW Android 6.0.1 BETA Rom - G920F
    (Can be installed from any base !)
    Download: http://samfirm.net/threads/beta-galaxy-s6-g920f-android-marshmallow-6-0-1-flashable-01-15-2015.4/
    - Copy G920F_3ZPA1_M(6.0.1)_Flashable.zip to your devices
    - Copy BETA-SuperSU-v2.66_Edition.zip to your devices (option)
    - Into Download mode flash BOOTLOADER_G920FXXU3COI9-L(5.1.1).tar (BL) & TWRP-2.8.7.2_G920F.tar (AP) via Odin
    - Into Recovery
    - Install G920F_3ZPA1_M(6.0.1)_Flashable.zip
    - Install BETA-SuperSU-v2.66_Edition.zip (option)
    - Into Download mode, flash BOOTLOADER_G920FXXU3ZPA1-M(6.0.1).tar via Odin (BL)
    - Reboot (10 minutes for first booting !)

G925F: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6-edge/development/g925f-android-marshmallow-6-0-beta-t3293964

# Test Deodex TW Android 6.0.1 BETA Rom - G920F
    Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 Debloater

Supported G920F/G925F variants.
    You can flash it on official and unofficial 6.0.1 M Odex/Deodex version

What is removed:

Books
    Chrome
    ChromeCustomizations
    Drive
    Dropbox_zero
    Excel_SamsungStub
    Facebook_stub
    FBAppManager
    FBInstagram_stub
    FBInstaller
    FBMessenger_stub
    GalaxyBeta
    Gmail2
    HancomOfficeViewer
    Hangouts
    Maps
    MobilePrintSvc_Samsung
    MSSkype_stub
    Music2
    MyGalaxyStub.2.0.3
    Newsstand
    OneDrive_Samsung
    OneDrive_Samsung_v2
    OneNote_Compact_Samsung
    PlayGames
    PlusOne
    PowerOn.ogg
    PowerPoint_SamsungStub
    SmartRemote_zero
    Videos
    WebManual
    WhatsAppDownloader
    Word_SamsungStub
    YahooLiveWeather
    YouTube

Added CSC features:

<CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>RecordingAllowed</CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording>
    <CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
    <CscFeature_Camera_CamcoderForceShutterSoundDuringSnapShot>FALSE</CscFeature_Camera_CamcoderForceShutterSoundDuringSnapShot>
    <CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>true</CscFeature_Camera_EnableCameraDuringCall>
    <CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic>true</CscFeature_Camera_CamcorderDoNotPauseMusic>
    <CscFeature_Camera_DefaultQuality>superfine</CscFeature_Camera_DefaultQuality>
    <CscFeature_Camcorder_DefaultQuality>superfine</CscFeature_Camcorder_DefaultQuality>
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>true</CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList>
    <CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>999</CscFeature_Contact_SetLinkCountMaxAs>
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableCopyToDialer>true</CscFeature_Contact_EnableCopyToDialer>
    <CscFeature_Settings_FOTA>false</CscFeature_Settings_FOTA>
    <CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>True</CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate>
    <CscFeature_RIL_RemoveDuplicatedNetDuringManualSearch>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_RemoveDuplicatedNetDuringManualSearch>
    <CscFeature_RIL_ConfigDataStatus>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_ConfigDataStatus>
    <CscFeature_RIL_HandleInvalidTimezonOffset>TRUE</CscFeature_RIL_HandleInvalidTimezonOffset>
    <CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>TTT</CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>

Download:
    Android_Marshmallow_6.0.1_Debloater.FIXED.by.ambasadii.zip

How to install:
    Flash via TWRP or Philz Recovery after flashing Manh_IT rom

Q/A:
    If you want to run recovery after flashing Manh_IT Rom you must flash via Odin oldsboot.tar without "autoreboot" option - position (BL)
    Then reboot directly to recovery.
    After flahing in recovery my debloater script power of phone and go to download mode then flash via Odin newsboot.tar or BOOTLOADER_G920FXXU3ZPA1-M(6.0.1).tar with "autoreboot" option checked - position (BL)

enjoyed :)
    Does it work on g925f? Do i need the latest bootloader to install this?

Only if your g925f is a g920f.
    So the flashing procedure for official rom is the same as on Beta. The modem and everything.:confused: The flashing procedure is so unfriendly, and overall description of the rom is not so good. I remember the good old days when the developers gave us good description an flashing guide, and especially what to look after, so you don't mess up something. This guide is like flash this, flash that and then flash this over ( into/into install/install into, wait 10min. :rolleyes:
    Hate me i don't care.:p