• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

G965F/DS A10 root, Whats affected?

Search This thread
Hello, Im thinking of unlocking bootloader.
I'm just confused about doing it on Android 10 latest update installed.
The guide here is for Oreo and Pie only so I'm in doubt if Q requires something extra.
Also the different versions of S9+ have me in doubt. Like what is G965N, F, FD etc.
Although mine shows G965F, and its dual sim and has exynos, but still a little confused.
Also unlocking bootloader will affect what things?
My phones out of warranty so thats no worry.
And does just OEM unlocking and tripping knox have a difference?
It says Knox and Samsung pass will be gone, wanted to know what else will be gone?
Also what exactly does Samsung Pass has? Is it just saved passwords or I wont be able lock apps with phone lock (like pattern, fingerprint, iris) also. Like will I wont be able to lock whatsapp with fingerprint as well?

I had rooted my previous Redmi 3S, so I'm familiar with rooting, recoveries, recovering softbricks, etc.
Also can anybody link me to S9 + telegram groups and channels... :)

xfirefist

Mar 22, 2017
Athens
Redmi Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
OEM Unlocking and Knox warranty are two different things however they are closely related, OEM Unlocking allows you to flash/install unsigned binaries but when you do that Samsung Pay, Secure folder and other Knox exclusive features will no longer be available, also keep in mind that unlocking your bootloader will reset the device and erase all your data in the process.
Regarding the suffixes F stands for international release
FD = international release + dualsim
N = Korean release (same 9810 platform just like the international)
U = UnitedStates release (Snapdragon)
If you decide to unlock your bootloader the same applies to O/P/Q however if you wish to root on OneUI you will have to flash a modified stock rom such as xFireROM which i highly recommend because it's the only one that will pass Safety Net checks by default without any workarounds however ALEXIS Rom or ALXNDR's devbase will also work.
For any other questions feel free to message me!

OEM Unlocking and Knox warranty are two different things however they are closely related, OEM Unlocking allows you to flash/install unsigned binaries but when you do that Samsung Pay, Secure folder and other Knox exclusive features will no longer be available, also keep in mind that unlocking your bootloader will reset the device and erase all your data in the process.
Regarding the suffixes F stands for international release
FD = international release + dualsim
N = Korean release (same 9810 platform just like the international)
U = UnitedStates release (Snapdragon)
If you decide to unlock your bootloader the same applies to O/P/Q however if you wish to root on OneUI you will have to flash a modified stock rom such as xFireROM which i highly recommend because it's the only one that will pass Safety Net checks by default without any workarounds however ALEXIS Rom or ALXNDR's devbase will also work.
For any other questions feel free to message me!
Thanks! Do I need to flash force encryption disabler and kg/rmm bypass on Android 10?

Last edited: