G970U and G970U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

wroom777

Jan 25, 2014
I'm in Canada and bought my wife a g970u on eBay that came with AT&T bloatware and with Android 9. Ever since I got the phone it did not do any updates so I just flashed it with the U firmware(TLN-11.0) from OP with no issues except for one. The phone gets fairly warm even if no app are running(just browsing through phone) and the battery drains extremely fast. Like 50% in 90 minutes. Should I try and reflash U firmware again or is there anything else someone could suggest for this battery issue.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I'm in Canada and bought my wife a g970u on eBay that came with AT&T bloatware and with Android 9. Ever since I got the phone it did not do any updates so I just flashed it with the U firmware(TLN-11.0) from OP with no issues except for one. The phone gets fairly warm even if no app are running(just browsing through phone) and the battery drains extremely fast. Like 50% in 90 minutes. Should I try and reflash U firmware again or is there anything else someone could suggest for this battery issue.
Factory reset it, if it did not automatically wipe during the flash. If the problem persists, flash a different version

kijaulan

Jul 20, 2021
Bootloader level 5 firmware has been added - AT&T USERDATA as well as the full firmware, since I don't think you can get it anywhere else online yet. This is a new bootloader so you cannot go back if you don't like it or if there are bugs. Build UBH, and this is the One 3.1 UI update
I have s10e att g970u I want to update I have to go to the g970u1 version or I can do it with the g970u

mark83077

Mar 19, 2014
I just ported my Verizon S10e G970U business phone to Boost Mobile. On startup, I still get the Verizon splash screen and for only a few seconds get the Boost Mobile text at the top and 4G signal. Then I get a Change carrier message stating "Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon. Verizon said it was unlocked and I successfully got my number ported and active on Boost. I tried flashing with a couple different G970U firmware, but when I start the phone after I get the android guy and says wiping or erasing for a second and then it loads the phone as usual with the Verizon splash. Any advice is appreciated to get this VZW off the phone.
Thank you.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I just ported my Verizon S10e G970U business phone to Boost Mobile. On startup, I still get the Verizon splash screen and for only a few seconds get the Boost Mobile text at the top and 4G signal. Then I get a Change carrier message stating "Sorry, your device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now. For help, contact Verizon. Verizon said it was unlocked and I successfully got my number ported and active on Boost. I tried flashing with a couple different G970U firmware, but when I start the phone after I get the android guy and says wiping or erasing for a second and then it loads the phone as usual with the Verizon splash. Any advice is appreciated to get this VZW off the phone.
Thank you.
That message means that the device is *not* SIM unlocked

Reactions: mentatgom

vonneurath

Sep 1, 2021
I'm looking for ATT USERDATA for bootloader 6, Android 11. Would like to get wifi calling up and running on my new g970u1 ATT SIM. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

applicationz

Sep 2, 2011
I purchased an unlocked s10e G970U open box from ebay. The seller shipped it from china, I checked two different sim card and it is not working for me. Network is not registered? any idea why?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I purchased an unlocked s10e G970U open box from ebay. The seller shipped it from china, I checked two different sim card and it is not working for me. Network is not registered? any idea why?
There are more than 10 different possible reasons why that could be. Kind of hard to troubleshoot without being able to see it in person.

Post pictures of the info found under Settings-->About-->Software Information

Reactions: mentatgom

shinymetal

Apr 3, 2018
Hi there, I was gifted an s10e with verizon firmware, updated to android 11, will the firmware in post #1 allow me to flash the unlocked firmware even though its android 9?
lets just say im not particularly a fan of verizon.

also, just briefly looking around is xda no longer hosting odin dls? or did i miss the post?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hi there, I was gifted an s10e with verizon firmware, updated to android 11, will the firmware in post #1 allow me to flash the unlocked firmware even though its android 9?
lets just say im not particularly a fan of verizon.

also, just briefly looking around is xda no longer hosting odin dls? or did i miss the post?
If you're referring to U1 firmware, no, you can't flash bootloader 1 firmware to a bootloader 5 or 6 device. So you'll need to find a U1 firmware version that matches your current bootloader level

FNDRSM

Oct 11, 2018
Hey everyone, Im using S10e 6/128GB Android 10 One UI 2.1 (SM-G970U). Maybe i want to update to 11 but on my phone CSC code is XAA/XAA/VZW. And on Sammobile android 11 XAA for 970U is not avalaible, its only avalaible on VZW version which march patch. And when i see 970U1, its avalaible both of them, which is XAA or VZW. I want to upgrade to Android 11 which have latest patch. but i dont know how to upgrade or switch to 970U1 FW without losing data (at least). but if i have to losing data i already backup it.

Oh ya, i dont have USA carrier simcard, because im using my phone on Indonesia.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hey everyone, Im using S10e 6/128GB Android 10 One UI 2.1 (SM-G970U). Maybe i want to update to 11 but on my phone CSC code is XAA/XAA/VZW. And on Sammobile android 11 XAA for 970U is not avalaible, its only avalaible on VZW version which march patch. And when i see 970U1, its avalaible both of them, which is XAA or VZW. I want to upgrade to Android 11 which have latest patch. but i dont know how to upgrade or switch to 970U1 FW without losing data (at least). but if i have to losing data i already backup it.

Oh ya, i dont have USA carrier simcard, because im using my phone on Indonesia.
Yes, you have to factory reset when switching between U and U1 firmware. If you're okay with that, then download the newest G970U1 XAA and flash it

Reactions: FNDRSM

littlegandhi1199

Nov 2, 2021
I made it up to UE2 before I realized what I had lost. FM Radio completely.
I am interested in battery savings coming to the phone in android 12. But radio loss is a no go.

I did a factory reset I thought it would downgrade to android 10.
I have downloaded G970USQS4ETJ1 firmware but I guess as you said the bootloader is different.
Someone recomended unpacking and deleting "boot.bin" to let it install. Scared to try that. Can you elaborate on that procedure?

Is there nothing I will ever be able to do to get back to android 10???
Please let me know.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I made it up to UE2 before I realized what I had lost. FM Radio completely.
I am interested in battery savings coming to the phone in android 12. But radio loss is a no go.

I did a factory reset I thought it would downgrade to android 10.
I have downloaded G970USQS4ETJ1 firmware but I guess as you said the bootloader is different.
Someone recomended unpacking and deleting "boot.bin" to let it install. Scared to try that. Can you elaborate on that procedure?

Is there nothing I will ever be able to do to get back to android 10???
Please let me know.
No, nothing. Looking for a used one for sale that has a lower bootloader version is the only way to get back to 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who don't know, G970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy S10e. The G970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I pay for a subscription to a site that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm/Frija.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290639
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290640
    (Quebec tends to be the fastest download mirror, if it gives you that option)

Notes:

- I compress extra small for space and bandwith savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I remove the .md5 from each file solely for faster flashing (Odin won't check the file integrity without it). Rest assured, the files are perfectly fine and safe - Odin has a million safechecks built in.

- My naming method for folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Any zips with "wipe" in the title do not have a HOME CSC included.
    NOTE: With initial release, HOME CSC was not included by default, so I created it myself. Should flash fine, but until noted by someone in the thread, it has not been tested.

- I have identical threads for the S10 and S10+ as well

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    SPR = Sprint
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    So I just got my Verizon S10e and I'm trying to get the T-Mobile firmware on it so I can use T-Mobile features (RCS and video calling). No matter what T-Mobile firmware I flash, it doesn't seem to actually apply. The flash succeeds but I keep getting the VZW boot screen and carrier apps.

After flash, I get the blue "Installing System Update" screen, then a reboot into recovery with an error stating it's unable to "resize (?) /data" because the permission is denied.

Edit: Got the U1 firmware to take. Gonna try flashing Tmo over it.

Edit2: That did it!. Flashed the Tmo firmware w/TMB userdata over the U1 and now I have Tmo splash and apps and functionality!
    I am out of topic but I just want to share my experience with the firmwares.
    First im not against with any updates for the phone but I accidentally press the update for the latest which is the ASJA (Philippines Carrier) and i realize it comes with a new bootloader which is S3 and the stock is U1.

Is there anything I can downgrade the bootloader so I can downgrade the complete firmware also? I want the stock firmware the first one (March 2019) because of my own preferences and I just want to stay with it. Any ways to solve this even on the near future? Glad to hear some ideas. Thanks
    This thread is only for G970U and G970U1. Please post in a different thread, that corresponds to your model number
    Please advise...
    I have an G970U1 10e and am trying to flash USERDATA from AT&T

I used latest ODIN 3.13.1
    I flashed the CSC, CP, AP, BL & AT&T USERDATA all at the same time and it passed and flashed but nothing changed on my phone. I do not have any ATAT bloatware. Phone is exactly as was G970U1.

What did i do wrong? Do i need to flash USERDATA from ATAT by itself? OR use a different ODIN?

UPDATE: I got it to work! i had used the SAU files with the atat SAT. Once i used all files with SAT extension it flashed again and passed but now with atat bloat.
    ROOKIE MISTAKE LOL
    Here's the procedure that worked best on the S9s, to convert firmware on a U model:

1. Wipe in recovery -->reboot bootloader-->flash U1 firmware
    2. Upon boot, watch for the popup that says "your device will restart to apply new carrier settings", and do it. Make sure your desired SIM is inserted for this step.
    3. After that finishes, power off, boot to download, and flash desired U firmware with non HOME CSC and desired U USERDATA. That should give you all the desired carrier settings - and bloatware.

Also, G973U and G973U1 firmware is now live and downloadable in SamFirm. Getting U1 (at least for now) requires manual entry - Auto will not work. U firmware is up for these carriers:

Xfinity Mobile
    Spectrum Mobile
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Metro
    US Cellular
    Verizon (have to use Manual entry - Auto will not work)

So going forward, I'll only be adding full builds if I can get them before they hit SamFirm, and only if there isn't build for that month already (eg. I won't add any more February builds since SBA is already up.). I will try to stay up to date on USERDATAs for AT&T and Cricket, since AT&T won't let their firmware be put on SamFirm.