G970U and G970U1 Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
@iBowToAndroid thanks for your helpful answers.

2 questions

I am international Australia. If I get a G970U and flash it to U1 - XAA firmware.
Can I stay on that XAA and will the phone still work internationally without choosing a carrier CSC?

I had an issue on Korean G970N that the incoming call does not automatically detect the country code & show caller ID from my contacts which have saved with country code.
Is this a CSC issue?

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
Confirm this works for U to U1

I converted G970u to G970u1 just by flashing in odin as normal.

Used patched odin 3.14.1 from: https://xdaforums.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/

steps:

1. remove google accounts & factory reset from phone settings
2. Bootloader check BIT binary version & make sure FRP lock = OFF
3. Download U1 rom (XAA csc) matching the same bit binary
4. Flash with odin (CP,BL,AP,CSC) * "CSC" not "home_csc" as per instructions

Success reboot OK.

r81984

Feb 20, 2011
I have two identical S10e verizon phones. Both were flashed with U1 firmware in the past.
On new years I was able to add one to the UI 4.0 Beta in the Members App. Now when I try to add in my second phone it refuses to join the Beta program because it is full. Swapping sim cards also will not get it to initiate the Beta UI 4.0. Any other way to backup the rom/firmware from one phone and install on another without tripping the Knox?
Any other way to get the install files for the SM-G970U1 for the beta UI 4.0. My second phone is actually to replace my first phone since the first one is cracked. Just trying to get the versions the same before I start transferring everything over. Here is the software info from the verizon S10e that is already at UI 4.0 from the beta program.
Model = Galaxy S10e
Model Number = SM-970U1
One UI Ver = 4.0
Android ver = 12
Baseband ver = G97OU1UEU6ZUL9
Kernal ver = 4.14.190-23230211-abG970U1UEU6ZUL9
#2 Thu Dec 16 13:58:22:KST 2021
Build Number
SP1A.210812.016.G970U1EU6ZUL9
SE for Android Status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM-G970U1_12_00001
Thur Dec 16 13:55:39 2021
Service Provider Version
SAOMC_SM-G970U1_OYM_VZW_12_0003
VZW/VZW/VZW
Android Security Patch Level Dec 1, 2021
Very annoying that they wont let me get the UI 4.0 on my replacement phone.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I have two identical S10e verizon phones. Both were flashed with U1 firmware in the past.
On new years I was able to add one to the UI 4.0 Beta in the Members App. Now when I try to add in my second phone it refuses to join the Beta program because it is full. Swapping sim cards also will not get it to initiate the Beta UI 4.0. Any other way to backup the rom/firmware from one phone and install on another without tripping the Knox?
Any other way to get the install files for the SM-G970U1 for the beta UI 4.0.
This thread is about officially released firmware, not beta

Reactions: paul222008

paul222008

Jul 14, 2013
Yes, why wouldn't it work? U1 firmware doesn't work any different than U
Thank you so much for the fast response, My G970U from lazada is still on transit and I can't wait no more till I have it in my hands. I was reviewing some YouTube Reviews and XDA Thread and found out this thread that grabs my attention.

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
Hi fatjoez Thank you for your input here. I would like to ask if where did you download the U1 XAA csc ROM, And where to check the matching same bit binary? Would be grateful for your answer Thank you so much
Paul for your SAFETY I would SUGGEST to be careful and maybe NOT flash the rom yourself.
The reason is if you are asking me where to download the firmware I interpret that you are very unfamiliar with flashing & roms.
This means you are at RISK of damaging your phone if you get it wrong.

If you want to proceed. you can download the rom you want from:
https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G970U1/XAA

Once again, I SUGGEST you don't do this yourself & find a friend or someone who knows it near you to do it for you.

Any other way to get the install files for the SM-G970U1 for the beta UI 4.0.
Very annoying that they wont let me get the UI 4.0 on my replacement phone.
Stop wasting your time.
One UI 4.0 has LOTS of bugs and problems some related to samsung and others because of Android 12.
Just relax and enjoy your phone on One UI 3 and do something else.
It will come when it comes.

This topic was for flashing from U to U1 it's not about getting ONE UI 4.0 so talk about that somewhere else

Reactions: paul222008

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Stop wasting your time.
One UI 4.0 has LOTS of bugs and problems some related to samsung and others because of Android 12.
Just relax and enjoy your phone on One UI 3 and do something else.
It will come when it comes.

This topic was for flashing from U to U1 it's not about getting ONE UI 4.0 so talk about that somewhere else
Actually, this thread is about all types of Odin flashing, not just for going between U and U1

Reactions: fatjoez

Carlos2200

Dec 12, 2010
Thank you for the tutorial. It saved me from buying a new phone due to AT&T shutting down 3g. I flashed the Tmo Android 12 G970U firmware onto my Galaxy S10e without any problems.

MrBiggles123

Mar 6, 2022
Hello, I have a S10e SM-G970U1 with Base Version G970U1UES6GUL1, I need ATT firmware and ATT UserData file. Does anyone know where I can get it? They are not in the U file link in the first post here. Thanks

Here is ATT U firmware for Base Version G970U1UES6GUL1 but no UserData file :(

Last edited:
Reactions: robertkjr3d

Jdg77469

Mar 7, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S10
For those who don't know, G970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy S10e. The G970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
- want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
- want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
- want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I pay for a subscription to a site that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm/Frija.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290639
U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290640
(Quebec tends to be the fastest download mirror, if it gives you that option)

Notes:

- I compress extra small for space and bandwith savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I remove the .md5 from each file solely for faster flashing (Odin won't check the file integrity without it). Rest assured, the files are perfectly fine and safe - Odin has a million safechecks built in.

- My naming method for folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Any zips with "wipe" in the title do not have a HOME CSC included.
NOTE: With initial release, HOME CSC was not included by default, so I created it myself. Should flash fine, but until noted by someone in the thread, it has not been tested.

- I have identical threads for the S10 and S10+ as well

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
BST = Boost Mobile
CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
SPR = Sprint
TMB = T-Mobile
TMK = Metro PCS
USC = US Cellular
VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
XAA = U1 firmware

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
Anyway I can get some help flashing my s10. Its unlocked, but I'll pay for some help please

Reactions: robertkjr3d

robertkjr3d

Apr 2, 2013
If you can help me flash this galaxy s10 to pie9 and get the U1 toU I will willingly pay whatever just need this fixed
You need what Mr. Biggles requested above. Now that AT&T is blocking all non-AT&T unlocked phones. Not sure if any U1 phones are working anymore. Everyone needs to be on the 'U' firmware, if they want to be on the AT&T network.

Update: So our phones, for calls were actually using AT&T's 3G network to make calls. Since the 3G-Network is shutdown... hence why it no longer works (As of 3/1). Even though your phone maybe 4G, or say LTE, or even be 5G capable. It doesn't matter, when we were making Voice-Calls, it was only using 3G.

Last edited:

MrBiggles123

Mar 6, 2022
You need what Mr. Biggles requested above. Now that AT&T is blocking all non-AT&T unlocked phones. Not sure if any U1 phones are working anymore. Everyone needs to be on the 'U' firmware, if they want to be on the AT&T network.

Update: So our phones, for calls were actually using AT&T's 3G network to make calls. Since the 3G-Network is shutdown... hence why it no longer works (As of 3/1). Even though your phone maybe 4G, or say LTE, or even be 5G capable. It doesn't matter, when we were making Voice-Calls, it was only using 3G.
I found the ATT U firmware but I can't find the ATT UserData file anywhere, I also will pay for it lol

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hello, I have a S10e SM-G970U1 with Base Version G970U1UES6GUL1, I need ATT firmware and ATT UserData file. Does anyone know where I can get it? They are not in the U file link in the first post here. Thanks

Here is ATT U firmware for Base Version G970U1UES6GUL1 but no UserData file :(
That's U1 firmware, not U
I found the ATT U firmware but I can't find the ATT UserData file anywhere, I also will pay for it lol
I have a source who can get it but he would charge me for it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who don't know, G970U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the Galaxy S10e. The G970U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I pay for a subscription to a site that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model - so I won't be uploading every single version. The only full builds that I upload are ones where I get access to a new bootloader and/or Android version early, before they hit SamFirm/Frija.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290639
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290640
    (Quebec tends to be the fastest download mirror, if it gives you that option)

Notes:

- I compress extra small for space and bandwith savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I remove the .md5 from each file solely for faster flashing (Odin won't check the file integrity without it). Rest assured, the files are perfectly fine and safe - Odin has a million safechecks built in.

- My naming method for folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Any zips with "wipe" in the title do not have a HOME CSC included.
    NOTE: With initial release, HOME CSC was not included by default, so I created it myself. Should flash fine, but until noted by someone in the thread, it has not been tested.

- I have identical threads for the S10 and S10+ as well

- Since AT&T doesn't allow their firmware to be publicly available (for any of their devices), I'll try to always upload at least one USERDATA per bootloader increment for AT&T (and Cricket, if they get this model). I'll also upload any full builds if AT&T is the only carrier to get that specific build, because you won't be able to find the files anywhere else.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in SamFirm/Frija:

AIO = Cricket (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via SamFirm/Frija)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    SPR = Sprint
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon (available via SamFirm/Frija, but Manual Entry is required - Auto will not work)
    XAA = U1 firmware

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
    1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
    3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
    4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
    So I just got my Verizon S10e and I'm trying to get the T-Mobile firmware on it so I can use T-Mobile features (RCS and video calling). No matter what T-Mobile firmware I flash, it doesn't seem to actually apply. The flash succeeds but I keep getting the VZW boot screen and carrier apps.

After flash, I get the blue "Installing System Update" screen, then a reboot into recovery with an error stating it's unable to "resize (?) /data" because the permission is denied.

Edit: Got the U1 firmware to take. Gonna try flashing Tmo over it.

Edit2: That did it!. Flashed the Tmo firmware w/TMB userdata over the U1 and now I have Tmo splash and apps and functionality!
    I am out of topic but I just want to share my experience with the firmwares.
    First im not against with any updates for the phone but I accidentally press the update for the latest which is the ASJA (Philippines Carrier) and i realize it comes with a new bootloader which is S3 and the stock is U1.

Is there anything I can downgrade the bootloader so I can downgrade the complete firmware also? I want the stock firmware the first one (March 2019) because of my own preferences and I just want to stay with it. Any ways to solve this even on the near future? Glad to hear some ideas. Thanks
    This thread is only for G970U and G970U1. Please post in a different thread, that corresponds to your model number
    Please advise...
    I have an G970U1 10e and am trying to flash USERDATA from AT&T

I used latest ODIN 3.13.1
    I flashed the CSC, CP, AP, BL & AT&T USERDATA all at the same time and it passed and flashed but nothing changed on my phone. I do not have any ATAT bloatware. Phone is exactly as was G970U1.

What did i do wrong? Do i need to flash USERDATA from ATAT by itself? OR use a different ODIN?

UPDATE: I got it to work! i had used the SAU files with the atat SAT. Once i used all files with SAT extension it flashed again and passed but now with atat bloat.
    ROOKIE MISTAKE LOL
    Here's the procedure that worked best on the S9s, to convert firmware on a U model:

1. Wipe in recovery -->reboot bootloader-->flash U1 firmware
    2. Upon boot, watch for the popup that says "your device will restart to apply new carrier settings", and do it. Make sure your desired SIM is inserted for this step.
    3. After that finishes, power off, boot to download, and flash desired U firmware with non HOME CSC and desired U USERDATA. That should give you all the desired carrier settings - and bloatware.

Also, G973U and G973U1 firmware is now live and downloadable in SamFirm. Getting U1 (at least for now) requires manual entry - Auto will not work. U firmware is up for these carriers:

Xfinity Mobile
    Spectrum Mobile
    Sprint
    T-Mobile
    Metro
    US Cellular
    Verizon (have to use Manual entry - Auto will not work)

So going forward, I'll only be adding full builds if I can get them before they hit SamFirm, and only if there isn't build for that month already (eg. I won't add any more February builds since SBA is already up.). I will try to stay up to date on USERDATAs for AT&T and Cricket, since AT&T won't let their firmware be put on SamFirm.