G975U and G975U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

Search This thread

Mickalback

Apr 22, 2020
Trouble w/Verizon Flash Firmware

Hello, new to this forum. I read through almost all 100+ pages of posts and didn't seem to find anything about my issue.

I started with an AT&T Samsung SM-G975U straight from AT&T.

I purchased an unlock code from a third-party EBAY service that allowed me to unlock the phone to be used on other carriers, and moved from Straight Talk (BYOD for 1 year with no issues) to Verizon (I switched because the company I was hired for offers full stipend of $75/month for using Verizon service only). Calling and messaging was very funky with Verizon network using their BYOD SIM card so I researched how to flash the firmware and came across this thread.

After figuring out a gameplan for flashing my AT&T S10+, I download Odin 3.1.14 PATCHED and also subscribed to SAMMOBILE to acquire latest firmware available for an S10+ with Verizon bloatware. I proceeded to wipe, reboot and flashed it to SM-G975U1 and inserted the SIM upon reboot, finished setting up the phone and downloaded all the necessary updates until it was for the most part, ready to use. Then I put it into download mode and flashed it again over to SM-G975U with Verizon bloatware (all obtained from SAMMOBILE, and it was a February 2020 firmware) and everything seemed to go flawlessly well.

My issue i am having now is trying to get Basic Visual Voicemail to work. This was the main selling point to me to switch my personal device to Verizon network over just getting a 2nd company phone. I get so many spam voicemails (10-15 a day) and it takes literally a good 10 minutes of my time in the evening to delete these spam voicemails every single day.

So i got the most recent firmware, most recent available bloatware from Verizon, but my "red icon Voicemail" application that came with the bloat does not allow me to set up Visual Voicemail. It just gives me a single option to call *86 to connect to the standard voicemail. I'm wondering if I did something wrong, the phone boots up with all the Verizon "menus/bloat/VoLTE/icons", but no options or setup for Visual Voicemail.

I called Verizon and they said that my IMEI is still showing this as an AT&T branded phone, and they cannot assist me unless I buy a new phone from them, just because the IMEI won't let their system to enable Premium Visual Voicemail. They have added Basic Visual Voicemail to my enabled addons/extras but told me that I would have to troubleshoot or figure out my end of the problem myself. So I'm just curious if anyone here has found a workaround, a different method of flashing, anything to help me get my visual voicemail to work.

Again: I have an AT&T branded Samsung G975U that has been wiped, then flashed ---> 975U1 unlocked ----> 975U Verizon bloated, updated, and working correctly but missing Visual Voicemail.

Thank you for reading.

iBowToAndroid

Account currently disabled
Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Again: I have an AT&T branded Samsung G975U that has been wiped, then flashed ---> 975U1 unlocked ----> 975U Verizon bloated, updated, and working correctly but missing Visual Voicemail.

Thank you for reading.
Many times, carrier-specific features like that are dependent on IMEI provisioning. So if your IMEI isn't originally from the carrier that you're using, they'll know. If they're telling you that the only solution is to use a Verizon device, then that's what you'll have to do. (Of course, there is another option, but talking about that - at least publicly and openly - on XDA is frowned upon)

baknblack

Sep 12, 2010
Kentucky
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hello, new to this forum. I read through almost all 100+ pages of posts and didn't seem to find anything about my issue.

I started with an AT&T Samsung SM-G975U straight from AT&T.

I purchased an unlock code from a third-party EBAY service that allowed me to unlock the phone to be used on other carriers, and moved from Straight Talk (BYOD for 1 year with no issues) to Verizon (I switched because the company I was hired for offers full stipend of $75/month for using Verizon service only). Calling and messaging was very funky with Verizon network using their BYOD SIM card so I researched how to flash the firmware and came across this thread.

After figuring out a gameplan for flashing my AT&T S10+, I download Odin 3.1.14 PATCHED and also subscribed to SAMMOBILE to acquire latest firmware available for an S10+ with Verizon bloatware. I proceeded to wipe, reboot and flashed it to SM-G975U1 and inserted the SIM upon reboot, finished setting up the phone and downloaded all the necessary updates until it was for the most part, ready to use. Then I put it into download mode and flashed it again over to SM-G975U with Verizon bloatware (all obtained from SAMMOBILE, and it was a February 2020 firmware) and everything seemed to go flawlessly well.

My issue i am having now is trying to get Basic Visual Voicemail to work. This was the main selling point to me to switch my personal device to Verizon network over just getting a 2nd company phone. I get so many spam voicemails (10-15 a day) and it takes literally a good 10 minutes of my time in the evening to delete these spam voicemails every single day.

So i got the most recent firmware, most recent available bloatware from Verizon, but my "red icon Voicemail" application that came with the bloat does not allow me to set up Visual Voicemail. It just gives me a single option to call *86 to connect to the standard voicemail. I'm wondering if I did something wrong, the phone boots up with all the Verizon "menus/bloat/VoLTE/icons", but no options or setup for Visual Voicemail.

I called Verizon and they said that my IMEI is still showing this as an AT&T branded phone, and they cannot assist me unless I buy a new phone from them, just because the IMEI won't let their system to enable Premium Visual Voicemail. They have added Basic Visual Voicemail to my enabled addons/extras but told me that I would have to troubleshoot or figure out my end of the problem myself. So I'm just curious if anyone here has found a workaround, a different method of flashing, anything to help me get my visual voicemail to work.

Thank you for reading.
Same here, ATT phone. My work around google voice. Just grab google voice from the play store, run setup, pick a GV number. Then set GV up to use your carrier for phone calls. Next go to your verizon account and set up call forward busy/no answer to forward to your GV number. Free VVM with transcription!!!!
Now, help me, lol. I've been out of the flashing/rooting game for years. I know how to get the patched ODIN and use it. I'm just having trouble figuring out exactly which firmware package I need to get.

Last edited:

Mickalback

Apr 22, 2020
Same here, ATT phone. My work around google voice. Just grab google voice from the play store, run setup, pick a GV number. Then set GV up to use your carrier for phone calls. Next go to your verizon account and set up call forward busy/no answer to forward to your GV number. Free VVM with transcription!!!!
Now, help me, lol. I've been out of the flashing/rooting game for years. I know how to get the patched ODIN and use it. I'm just having trouble figuring out exactly which firmware package I need to get.

Wow I set my G VVM last night and I'm impressed. That was a great work around. Beats having to buy another device!

The most recent one I found was on SAMMOBILE. I subscribed for the 7euro plan and downloaded the 5 files for my phone model, and picked my carrier. Verizon only had February updates but just look for something recent. You can download for free but they kind of lock your DL to 115kb/s or so, so you are looking at an 8 hour download.

If you are doing a full carrier wipe you should download the U1 package first and do post #25 instructions.

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
Hey, I have an S10+ on TC9. Can I downgrade that to TB3 or any earlier one? It seems TC9 is b3, I'm not sure when b2 ended and b3 started. I'm trying to flash it from Sprint to Verizon.

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
Awesome, so I can just flash any of those, then follow the instructions on post #25 to change it over? This whole "U" thing that newer phones are doing is kinda nice. :)

Thanks a bunch!

The Hated

May 8, 2020
Save me from android 9!

so i've been using a S10+ that i got from a seller on amazon that said it was an unlocked At&T display model and i got it working on metro over a year ago and been working great since. Problem being i've never been able to get OTA updates and i really want to get to android 10. Now when i connect the phone to Smart Switch on windows i get -
" you device software is up to date (SD3 ATT)"
and then above its on android 9 version 9.0.0...
Model for the phone is a SM-G975U

I havent used Odin in almost a decade it feels like (Galaxy S3 custom Rom) and i'd like anyone to point me to the proper method and possibly a source of where i need to get the proper install files for android 10 for Metro PCS. Can't find much if anything anywhere besides XDA forums being of any help.

any guide or tutorial and links for what i need to do would be a life savers please thank you in advance will be checking on this thread daily :D

Last edited:

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
Hmm, I must've messed something up somewhere. I wiped the phone and flashed the BL/AP/CPC/non-home CSC but the phone never prompted to switch carriers. It booted to the setup screen and I rebooted and flashed everything but with the vzw USERDATA this time. At the end of the flash, it failed in Odin, saying something like "sw rev check fail userdatafused 3 > binary 1."

I used TB3 for the main stuff, but for the vzw USERDATA I used the SBA, which it seems is an older one. Do you have to match the binary level for the rom AND the USERDATA? If so, I only see b1 and b2 USERDATAs for vzw on your OP.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hmm, I must've messed something up somewhere. I wiped the phone and flashed the BL/AP/CPC/non-home CSC but the phone never prompted to switch carriers. It booted to the setup screen and I rebooted and flashed everything but with the vzw USERDATA this time. At the end of the flash, it failed in Odin, saying something like "sw rev check fail userdatafused 3 > binary 1."

I used TB3 for the main stuff, but for the vzw USERDATA I used the SBA, which it seems is an older one. Do you have to match the binary level for the rom AND the USERDATA? If so, I only see b1 and b2 USERDATAs for vzw on your OP.
Yes, of course they have to match. If you have binary 3, you can't flash ANY files from any older binary. Anyone can obtain the latest Verizon firmware at any time from SamFirm or Frija

Behzad69

May 18, 2020
A complete guide?

Hello,

I know the following question has probably been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. So I would really appreciate an answer.

I have a locked AT&T S10 plus (G975U) which I bought through bestbuy the day it was launched. I have recently realized that the phone has never received OTA updates so the Android version is still 9 and the security patch level is Feb 1, 2019 (you can tell how tech-savvy I am). My interactions with AT&T regarding the problem have been nothing but frustrating, so I decided to manually update the OS. I have read half of the posts on this thread and a few other sources, but am not still sure how exactly to do it and where to start from. Could anyone please explain the whole process in layman's term?

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Hello,

I know the following question has probably been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. So I would really appreciate an answer.

I have a locked AT&T S10 plus (G975U) which I bought through bestbuy the day it was launched. I have recently realized that the phone has never received OTA updates so the Android version is still 9 and the security patch level is Feb 1, 2019 (you can tell how tech-savvy I am). My interactions with AT&T regarding the problem have been nothing but frustrating, so I decided to manually update the OS. I have read half of the posts on this thread and a few other sources, but am not still sure how exactly to do it and where to start from. Could anyone please explain the whole process in layman's term?
As stated in the OP, this is not intended to be a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing"-type thread. There are already plenty of those here on XDA.

Lavman72

Feb 23, 2012
Weymouth, MA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Hello,

Hi,
There are many, many posts on this problem..some by yours truly. I have had the same issue with my last 2 devices that I purchased directly from Samsung (Note 8 and Galaxy S10+, although they are the AT&T models. I've had to update via Odin in order to get the most recent updates. There are many forums on how to go about this here, and on Youtube. Here's a link to a basic guide:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1372414

Once you've done it a couple of times, it's less daunting.

Good luck

Reactions: Behzad69

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
Okay, I finally got around to trying again (it's a family member's phone, he came by again today). I downloaded the newest U and U1 firmware with Frija (and the VZW USERDATA) but at step 2, after inserting the SIM on the U1 firmware, it gives me an error of "Invalid SIM Card" and does not prompt to restart. He's using his currently active SIM card on his Verizon account, does it have to be a new, inactive SIM card? Additionally, on this U1 firmware, it still shows "Sprint" under the "Brand" section in the phone's settings. Is this normal until I switch it to Verizon, or is it supposed to say something like "unbranded?"

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Okay, I finally got around to trying again (it's a family member's phone, he came by again today). I downloaded the newest U and U1 firmware with Frija (and the VZW USERDATA) but at step 2, after inserting the SIM on the U1 firmware, it gives me an error of "Invalid SIM Card" and does not prompt to restart. He's using his currently active SIM card on his Verizon account, does it have to be a new, inactive SIM card? Additionally, on this U1 firmware, it still shows "Sprint" under the "Brand" section in the phone's settings. Is this normal until I switch it to Verizon, or is it supposed to say something like "unbranded?"
"invalid SIM card" means that it's still SIM locked to its original carrier, which sounds like it's Sprint

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
It is indeed Sprint. I've read through a good chunk of this massive thread, did I miss something? Does it have to be unlocked, or are there special issues with the Sprint version? Apologies if I misunderstood something. Is there a different process for unlocking it from the carrier? I thoughts that's what *this* process was doing.

sw1173

Jan 23, 2011
Palm Beach, FL
It is indeed Sprint. I've read through a good chunk of this massive thread, did I miss something? Does it have to be unlocked, or are there special issues with the Sprint version? Apologies if I misunderstood something. Is there a different process for unlocking it from the carrier? I thoughts that's what *this* process was doing.
Yes it needs to be carrier unlocked, the phone.

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
I see, I didn't get that from the thread, sigh... The phone no longer even has the Sprint SIM card, does that mean I'm SoL?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who aren't already aware, G975U is the model number of all of the US carrier versions of the S10+. The G975U1 is the model number of the same device, but sold by Samsung SIM unlocked and with no carrier bloatware. Firmware is 100% interchangeable among these models: any U or U1 firmware version can be flashed to any U or U1 device at any time, assuming that you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader. A "U to U" or "U1 to U1" flash does not require a factory reset, but changing from one firmware to the other will require one. Also, U firmware is identical for the 4 base files (AP, BL, CP, CSC) for each individual build, no matter which carrier it comes from. So if you download 2 different carrier versions of the exact same build, the 4 base files will be identical. Where the firmware differs is in the USERDATA file - that's where the carrier bloatware and customizations reside.

Manual Odin flashing is designed for those who:

- want to manually update to a newer version of U firmware on their U device, either because they don't want to wait for their carrier's OTA or because OTAs aren't working on their device, or a different carrier got a new feature/patch before they did
    - want to flash U1 firmware to their U device
    - want to convert from U1 firmware to carrier U firmware
    - want to convert from one carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware) to a different carrier's U firmware (with all apps and bloatware)

For those who aren't already aware, anyone can now download firmware for almost any Samsung device any time that they want, via the various firmware download tools posted here on XDA like SamFirm or Frija. There are threads and info about them here on XDA so I won't waste time explaining - do a search if you're not already familiar with these tools. But they only provide whatever the latest/newest/current version is - nothing older. I pay for a subscription to a site that gets the official releases (usually) before they hit the firmware download tools, so that's where my files come from.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" -type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step flashing instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware (or haven't done it in a long time), I recommend you consult one of those "beginner's" guides- there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

U firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290649
    U1 firmware: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=290650

Notes:

- I compress extra small for space and bandwith savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I remove the .md5 from each file solely for faster flashing (Odin won't check the file integrity without it). Rest assured, the files are perfectly fine and safe - Odin has a million safechecks built in.

- My naming method for folders is: build - bootloader - Android version
    So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other CSC will wipe data. Any zips with "wipe" in the title do not have a HOME CSC included.

- I have identical threads for the S10e and S10 as well

- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is given in post #25

- You can get USERDATAs from SamFirm for everything but AT&T and Cricket- those files will never be on SamFirm. So in addition to the 5 piece firmware, I'll try to always upload one USERDATA per bootloader increment for those carriers.

- For identifying USERDATAS, and to know what region/CSC to use in the firmware download tools if you're downloading yourself:

AIO = Cricket (not available via firmware download tools)
    ATT = AT&T (not available via firmware download tools)
    BST = Boost Mobile
    CCT = Xfinity Mobile (Comcast)
    CHA = Spectrum Mobile (Charter)
    SPR = Sprint
    TMB = T-Mobile
    TMK = Metro PCS
    USC = US Cellular
    VZW = Verizon
    XAA = U1 firmware
    I'm flashing the newest U update with the T-Mobile userdata on my Verizon G975U and the carrier isn't changing. It keeps rebooting after flash into Verizon. Am I doing something wrong? How can I change my CSC?
    Here's the procedure that worked best on the S9s, to convert from one U carrier firmware to another (or to convert from U1 to a specific U firmware):

1. Wipe in recovery -->reboot bootloader-->flash U1 firmware with non HOME CSC
    2. Upon boot, watch for the popup that says "your device will restart to apply new carrier settings", and do it. Make sure your desired SIM is inserted for this step.
    3. After that finishes, power off, boot to download, and flash desired U firmware with non HOME CSC and desired USERDATA. That should give you all the desired carrier settings - and bloatware.
    Okay new SF6 zip is up. If anyone doesn't wanna use that, you can get SF7 from SamFirm - someone reported that Night Mode is in that build too.

I'll also be adding SF6 AT&T USERDATAs for all 3 models tonight
    Hey guys,

I bought my S10 Plus unlocked version (SM-G975U1) from Samsung directly. After reading this thread, it seems that I will need to flash my phone from G975U1 to G975U if I want to get the VoLTE and Wifi Calling features unlocked. I am using AT&T prepaid and I am 100% sure my AT&T prepaid is able to activate VoLTE and Wifi Calling. I did a test by switching the SIM card to my work phone (an AT&T iPhone 8) and I can use VoLTE and Wifi Calling with the iPhone 8, but as soon as I switch my SIM card back to the S10 Plus, the VoLTE and Wifi Calling is gone.

Can you guys help me to confirm if flashing G975U1 to G975U is what I need to do in order to unlock VoLTE and Wifi Calling?

Also, howcome I see some people that are on G975U and is trying to go to G975U1? What is the benefits of that? What is so great about G975U1 that you are willing to lose VoLTE and Wifi Calling?

Thanks for your help!

Edit: So one of the benefits of G975U1 is it doesn't have carrier bloatware. But still, I am willing to live with it and get VoLTE and Wifi Calling.

This is basically what I do with every samsung phone I have owned.

I buy the unlocked and Flash the U firmware to my unlocked phone, as like you i'm with AT&T and I need Wifi Calling since I live in the hills with no signal, Im prepaid I can confirm wifi calling works, as for VoLTE I haven't paid attention.

Keep the AT&T sim in your phone, and flash the U firmware including the userdata for ATT, and make sure to use (CSC_OMC_OYN) NOT (HOME_CSC_OMC_OYN) for the CSC, as this will repartition the phone and make it compatible with OTA updates from AT&T and any future firmware flashing done via Odin.

Once the the flash is done, it will format the phone, setup it up and you should have all the features available on the phone, If you haven any issues enabling them sometimes calling AT&T to add your new phone (The IMEI sometimes needs to be enabled on AT&T end) and you should be good to go, Iv done this since S8/S9/note 9/S10+ I did need to call AT&T once in the past for the S8.

Carry Bloat can be disabled with apps like Package Disabler Pro etc.
    AT&T S10+ Latest ASD9 with Userdata

Does anyone need the latest AT&T S10+ ASD9 with Userdata? Here is the complete odin files for download: drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RnGvg4qXvkj7v-AYgZsKjCuxyLWzsP40