• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

g975U1 August security patch ASGF update released

Search This thread

Swimguy14

Mar 7, 2011
pnw
Got notification this morning for a 217mb update ending in ASGF. Pretty weird since we just got the July patch only two weeks ago, after not getting an update in over two months. Definitely not complaining though! Sorry if repost

dcvito

Mar 20, 2013
Got the notification today.... Hopefully someone can breakdown what is in the update because 200+mb is rather hefty right?

WhoIsJohnGalt1979

yea but tmobile sim was causing a delay and alot of people even samsung reps recommend to use another sim to just update the U1 firmware

I believe you have been misinformed. Please be patient and wait for the update to show up on your phone if you are already on U1 firmware or download the latest U1 firmware using Frija and Odin flash. All the very best.

LRiley

Aug 3, 2010
I updated and now I don't get icons on my lock screen for notifications. Anybody else have the same problem?

phillyspecial

Sep 5, 2019
975u1 August Firmware Patch T mobile

Hello,

I have a US unlocked 975u1 and use Tmobile. No one seems to know what I am talking about with an Aug Update. I have spent time on the Phone with Samsung and Tmob customer service. Stuck on July patch ASCB. Night mode is still disabled. Samsung Switch has nothing on it as of this morning.
How do I get the firmware everyone else is on? If I get a sim card from another carrier, does that sim need to be activated in order to get the latest patch? I am clueless here.

dinopeyton

Apr 24, 2016
Hello,

I have a US unlocked 975u1 and use Tmobile. No one seems to know what I am talking about with an Aug Update. I have spent time on the Phone with Samsung and Tmob customer service. Stuck on July patch ASCB. Night mode is still disabled. Samsung Switch has nothing on it as of this morning.
How do I get the firmware everyone else is on? If I get a sim card from another carrier, does that sim need to be activated in order to get the latest patch? I am clueless here.

G975U1UES2ASGF is on Frija for SPR and VZW download one of them

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
Hello,

U1 firmware with the August security patch and Night mode is available and does end in ASGF.

Unless you flashed T-Mobile firmware on your U1 model or you purchased an unlocked U1 with T-Mobile firmware already installed (I'm not sure how to check that in the settings but U1 firmware doesn't come with any T-Mobile branded apps) you should be receiving OTA updates from Samsung rather than T-Mobile.

The U1 OTA update was pushed weeks ago making it the only OTA update we received before the carriers.

If you have T-Mobile firmware you could flash the U1 firmware manually and receive OTA updates from Samsung but you will lose T-Mobile branded apps that aren't available in the Play Store. The U1 firmware has also been receiving updates long after the carriers prior to August--in early July we were still on the May security patch.

If you manually flash VZW or SPR firmware as the other member suggested don't flash the User Data partition or you will also get Verizon or Sprint's apps and bloatware. If you do manually flash either of those you will no longer receive OTA updates and will need to keep manually flashing updates in the future.

phillyspecial

Sep 5, 2019
So I bought my phone directly from Samsung. USA version with snapdragon processor and its non-branded to any carrier, basically an unlocked Galaxy S10+. Its model number is sm-g975u1. Sim card is from Tmobile, my cell phone carrier.. I have software from July 1st, g975u1ueu2ASGB

What do you recommend in my scenario.
Thank you

QUOTE=jhs39;80190022]U1 firmware with the August security patch and Night mode is available and does end in ASGF.

Unless you flashed T-Mobile firmware on your U1 model or you purchased an unlocked U1 with T-Mobile firmware already installed (I'm not sure how to check that in the settings but U1 firmware doesn't come with any T-Mobile branded apps) you should be receiving OTA updates from Samsung rather than T-Mobile.

The U1 OTA update was pushed weeks ago making it the only OTA update we received before the carriers.

If you have T-Mobile firmware you could flash the U1 firmware manually and receive OTA updates from Samsung but you will lose T-Mobile branded apps that aren't available in the Play Store. The U1 firmware has also been receiving updates long after the carriers prior to August--in early July we were still on the May security patch.

If you manually flash VZW or SPR firmware as the other member suggested don't flash the User Data partition or you will also get Verizon or Sprint's apps and bloatware. If you do manually flash either of those you will no longer receive OTA updates and will need to keep manually flashing updates in the future.[/QUOTE]

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
So I bought my phone directly from Samsung. USA version with snapdragon processor and its non-branded to any carrier, basically an unlocked Galaxy S10+. Its model number is sm-g975u1. Sim card is from Tmobile, my cell phone carrier.. I have software from July 1st, g975u1ueu2ASGB

What do you recommend in my scenario.
Thank you

QUOTE=jhs39;80190022]U1 firmware with the August security patch and Night mode is available and does end in ASGF.

If you manually flash VZW or SPR firmware as the other member suggested don't flash the User Data partition or you will also get Verizon or Sprint's apps and bloatware. If you do manually flash either of those you will no longer receive OTA updates and will need to keep manually flashing updates in the future.
[/QUOTE]
I would look for the ASGF U1 firmware for U1 with Frija or SamFirm. I'm not sure why you didn't get the OTA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately i just switched over to carrier firmware for faster updates. Now Samsung finally does it right. At least carriers should be releasing it in a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G975U using XDA Labs