• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

G977U models Retail Stock Firmware Links Here

Search This thread

KowenLL

Aug 2, 2021
I tried to flash the 997P firmware to 997U, but odin prompts an error code: secure check fail (pit).
I wonder if it is possible to extract the pit file from the 997P CSC file to flash the firmware?

Reactions: sctvnn

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
I tried to flash the 997P firmware to 997U, but odin prompts an error code: secure check fail (pit).
I wonder if it is possible to extract the pit file from the 997P CSC file to flash the firmware?
Nope. Cross flashing between different model numbers is never doable, unless you're talking about U and U1 models. And the S7 series is the other exception

Mar 29, 2021
Can anyone give a link to one of the latest Android 11 builds?? I'm still sitting on OneUI 3.0 (TLN). OTA is impossible in my area. How can you update at all if you are not a resident of America?

Mar 29, 2021

Attachments

• wM1ogL-6-g4.jpg
    wM1ogL-6-g4.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
They have the same model number, so yes, AT&T firmware can be flashed to a Verizon device and Verizon firmware can be flashed to an AT&T device.

If you currently have AT&T firmware, then changing to Verizon firmware would require a factory reset. If you don't want to factory reset, or if you want to stay on AT&T firmware, then I would have to create a special firmware for you

Mar 29, 2021
They have the same model number, so yes, AT&T firmware can be flashed to a Verizon device and Verizon firmware can be flashed to an AT&T device.

If you currently have AT&T firmware, then changing to Verizon firmware would require a factory reset. If you don't want to factory reset, or if you want to stay on AT&T firmware, then I would have to create a special firmware for you
Recently, I had a sad experience with this device. I installed Verizon firmware on it. When turned on, the phone asked for a PIN code, then 5 seconds passed, and it lost the network. The same thing happens with each subsequent reboot. I tried to install different Verizon firmware - the result is the same. What can this be related to? That's why I can't upgrade to new firmware versions, and I use the latest TLN posted by you on AFH for my AT&T G977U.

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Recently, I had a sad experience with this device. I installed Verizon firmware on it. When turned on, the phone asked for a PIN code, then 5 seconds passed, and it lost the network. The same thing happens with each subsequent reboot. I tried to install different Verizon firmware - the result is the same. What can this be related to? That's why I can't upgrade to new firmware versions, and I use the latest TLN posted by you on AFH for my AT&T G977U.
You would need to post a picture or screenshot of this "PIN code" in order for me to understand

jass69

Oct 12, 2021
It's not about the PIN code. Even with code verification turned off. When you turn on the phone, the network appears, and after 5 seconds it disappears. As soon as I return the firmware to AT&T, the problem immediately disappears.
hola que tal tengo el mismo problema que tu cambie la rom de at&t a verizon y me dejo sin señal
pudiste solucionarlo, por lo que te entiendo regresaste a la rom de at&t, de casualidad la tendrias, de ser haci me la podrias pasar para solucionar mi problema amigo.
de ante mano muchas gracias

Translated by GT:
Hello, how are you? I have the same problem that you changed the rom from at & t to verizon and it left me without signal

You could solve it, from what I understand you returned to the at & t rom, by chance you would have it, if you were you could pass it to me to solve my problem friend.

Beforehand thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
hola que tal tengo el mismo problema que tu cambie la rom de at&t a verizon y me dejo sin señal
pudiste solucionarlo, por lo que te entiendo regresaste a la rom de at&t, de casualidad la tendrias, de ser haci me la podrias pasar para solucionar mi problema amigo.
de ante mano muchas gracias

Translated by GT:
Hello, how are you? I have the same problem that you changed the rom from at & t to verizon and it left me without signal

You could solve it, from what I understand you returned to the at & t rom, by chance you would have it, if you were you could pass it to me to solve my problem friend.

Beforehand thank you very much
What's the current Baseband Version on the device? You can find that under Settings-->About-->Software Information

Cual es la Version de Banda Base actual del cel? Eso se encuentra en la configuracion, bajo Acerca de-->Informacion de software

jass69

Oct 12, 2021
What's the current Baseband Version on the device? You can find that under Settings-->About-->Software Information

Cual es la Version de Banda Base actual del cel? Eso se encuentra en la configuracion, bajo Acerca de -> Informacion de software

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-211807_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-211807_Settings.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 4

jass69

Oct 12, 2021
Este mensaje aparece cuando puse mi sim antes de cambiar la rom, funcionó bien, me gustaría volver a la rom at & t pero no encuentro cómo agradecería que me ayudaras amigo

Translated by GT: This message appears when I put my sim before changing the rom, it worked fine, I would like to go back to the at & t rom but I can't find how I would appreciate your help friend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-220549_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-220549_One UI Home.jpg
    824.4 KB · Views: 1

iBowToAndroid

Nov 9, 2010
Twin Cities MN
Este mensaje aparece cuando puse mi sim antes de cambiar la rom, funcionó bien, me gustaría volver a la rom at & t pero no encuentro cómo agradecería que me ayudaras amigo
The problem is that you flashed bootloader 8 firmware, but no such firmware exists yet for AT&T. You cannot flash bootloader 7 firmware to a device that already has bootloader 8, so now you're stuck until a bootloader 8 version is released for AT&T

El problema es que le flasheaste un firmware de binario 8, pero tal firmware aun no existe para AT&T. No se puede flashear firmware de binario 7 a un dispositivo que ya tiene binario 8, asi que ya estas atrapado hasta que salga una version de binario 8 para AT&T

Reactions: jass69

jass69

Oct 12, 2021
cualquier otra rom que pueda instalar que me recomiende

Translated by GT: any other rom i can install that you recommend me

jass69

Oct 12, 2021
No existe ninguna otra ROM. G977U solo existe para Verizon y AT&T. Tendrá que esperar una versión de bootloader 8 del firmware de AT&T.

No existe ninguna otra ROM. El G977U solo existe para Verizon y AT&T. Tendras que esperar por una versión de firmware AT&T de binario 8
Bueno, muchas gracias amigo, un último favor sería tan amable de avisarme cuando la rom esté disponible gracias

Translated by GT: Well thank you very much friend, one last favor would be so kind to let me know when the rom is available thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem is that you flashed bootloader 8 firmware, but no such firmware exists yet for AT&T. You cannot flash bootloader 7 firmware to a device that already has bootloader 8, so now you're stuck until a bootloader 8 version is released for AT&T

El problema es que le flasheaste un firmware de binario 8, pero tal firmware aun no existe para AT&T. No se puede flashear firmware de binario 7 a un dispositivo que ya tiene binario 8, asi que ya estas atrapado hasta que salga una version de binario 8 para AT&T
    So it seems like Samsung has really switched things up here, with the 5G model. I haven't seen any mention of a U1 model, so I would not expect that to be a thing here in the US - at least not yet. The Verizon and AT&T model are both G977U, G977T is T-Mobile, and G977P is the Sprint model. Firmware packages are comprised of the 4 base files plus a USERDATA.

It appears that even though AT&T and Verizon are both U models, they will each be getting their own distinct updates. For example, we have G977UUCU1ASEM for AT&T but G977UVRU1ASE8 for Verizon. The CSC file names also specifically have "ATT" and "VZW" in them. AT&T and Verizon firmwares have confirmed to be interchangeable (as long as you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader) but you cannot cross flash between anything with different model numbers.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=292071

Notes:

- Don't quote the OP when you reply, kthx :)

- I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also sometimes gets the official releases before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model. The latest versions of Verizon (manual entry required), Sprint, and T-Mobile firmware can always be downloaded at any time, using SamFirm/Frija. So I won't be adding any of those firmwares to my AFH folders, unless I get early access to them, before they hit SamFirm/Frija. I will be adding at least one version per bootloader increment for AT&T firmware, since their files are never available on SamFirm/Frija. If you want an AT&T version that's not already uploaded, or a Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile version other than whatever the latest is, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other one will wipe data. Also, flashing the USERDATA file will wipe your data. USERDATA is only needing if converting between AT&T and Verizon firmwares. If you're just looking to manually update from an older version, then you can skip the USERDATA file (but I'd still recommend flashing it if you don't care if your phone gets wiped).
    **it has been discovered that, like most of the rest of AT&T Samsung models (true U models excluded), the AT&T AP tars have a small "userdata" partition in them that will also initiate a wipe, during the flash. So for bootloader 2 AT&T firmwares and higher, I'll also include a "no-wipe" AP tar that has that partition removed, for those who are looking to manually update from an older AT&T version without losing their data. Flash that, along with BL, CP, and HOME CSC in order to retain your data and not have a factory reset performed.

- My naming method for AFH folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately. And each folder will have a designation showing whether it's an AT&T or Verizon build, instead of having separate folders for all of each carrier's builds
    I broke down and bought the firmware. I was stuck on Verizon v3 bootloader and wanted AT&T v3. Here it is
    https://mega.nz/#F!U4lzVAYJ!ly6ybmAKC5fYKk5lgGO_Gg
    Could I use this to flash a unlocked version per say. To get rid of the Verizon bloat and add back the stock Samsung system

Like how the U1 would be if it were made?
    Nope. Flashing it is just gonna give you the exact same thing that you have now
    No, because those providers don't sell that model. EE is the only one that does, so EVR is the only region for which G977B files exist
    about G977B UK CSC
    in G977BOBE : BTB BTE EVR - UK ( BT Mobile ) - United Kingdom (T-Mobile UK,Orange UK)
    in G977BOVF : VOD - United Kingdom (vodafone)
    in G977FOXM : CPW - United Kingdom (Carphone Warehouse)

regards