G986U and G986U1 Firmware Links and Flashing Discussion Here

mangjun

Feb 24, 2021
- the correct procedure for switching from one carrier's firmware to another is:
1. Flash full U1 firmware package including non HOME CSC
2. Upon boot, insert a SIM of the carrier whose firmware you want
3. Watch for the popup that says "reboot to apply new carrier settings" etc, and do it
4. After that restart completes, reboot back to Download mode and flash the full U firmware package, with the USERDATA file of the carrier whose firmware you want
I have the t-mobile S20 5G SM-G981U model (unlocked) and wanted to flash SM-G981U1 (XAA)...on the above "correct procedure" I am confused with the line number 4? is it really necessary to flash the full U firmware package again after flashing the U1 firmware if all I wanted is for a clean/full flash of U1? I have no access to any US sim nor live in the US and will be using other sim from other country.

Thank you.

sincer

Nov 26, 2010
I have the t-mobile S20 5G SM-G981U model (unlocked) and wanted to flash SM-G981U1 (XAA)...on the above "correct procedure" I am confused with the line number 4? is it really necessary to flash the full U firmware package again after flashing the U1 firmware if all I wanted is for a clean/full flash of U1? I have no access to any US sim nor live in the US and will be using other sim from other country.

Thank you.
No, that's only If you are switching from one carrier to another. Since you only want the U1 then that's it, nothing else to do. Enjoy bloat free!

mangjun

Feb 24, 2021
No, that's only If you are switching from one carrier to another. Since you only want the U1 then that's it, nothing else to do. Enjoy bloat free!
...thanks for the reply...so there's no need to do the number 4 from the procedure. Also, I have another noob inquiry on this post please clarify if you can.

mangjun

Feb 24, 2021
@sincer just wanted to inform you that i manage to flashed my s20 5g without any issues...honestly i'm having a second thought whether i should proceed or do nothing (stuck in t-mobile FW with all the bloatwares)...so thanks for helping me out and clarify things.

Sgleason75

Feb 28, 2021
Good morning. I am having a problem with a Verizon s20 plus recently ported to Sprint (no mms/data after port). I can send/receive SMS and calls. Developer option to OEM unlock does not exist and Verizon bloatware remains after flashing to SPR (Used Odin 3.14). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was going flash/use U1 but cannot seem to find/ download.

jerrycoffman45

Sep 19, 2011
ashland ky
Good morning. I am having a problem with a Verizon s20 plus recently ported to Sprint (no mms/data after port). I can send/receive SMS and calls. Developer option to OEM unlock does not exist and Verizon bloatware remains after flashing to SPR (Used Odin 3.14). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was going flash/use U1 but cannot seem to find/ download.
download is in the op

sincer

Nov 26, 2010
@sincer just wanted to inform you that i manage to flashed my s20 5g without any issues...honestly i'm having a second thought whether i should proceed or do nothing (stuck in t-mobile FW with all the bloatwares)...so thanks for helping me out and clarify things.
If it were me I would do the U1 version as there is no bloatware crap on there or very minimal at least, but it's your device and if you're happy with it than that's all that matters. Enjoy!