Search This thread

zjhao

Jan 4, 2019
Lol. Could there be any less info?

Build Number : G9980ZHU1AUB7
Android version : R(Android 11)
Release Date : 2021-02-25
Security patch level : 2021-03-01
The exact changes may differ depending on your device model, country/Region, and service provider.

• Improved performance
- The performance of Camera has been improved.
- Overall device performance has been improved.
• The latest Android security patch has been applied.
- Device security has been further enhanced.

Reactions: franagan75

zjhao

Jan 4, 2019
Right..and the update is AUB7? The other regions are on AUB9..so is AUB7 > AUB9? Dang, I can't figure out Samsung's numbering system...it's all smoke and shadows!

Yes is AUB7
because the SoC is completely different,Can't be compared

The kernel version number is still 20700993. It should be that the Exynos model has relatively large room for improvement and optimization. The Snapdragon model has limited room for improvement and optimization, but the initial performance is more stable than the Exynos model.

This is my long-term experience using two SoC versions of Samsung S series and Note series
However, the Exynos model encountered major problems. The optimization efficiency is improved and the speed of pushing updates will be faster than the Snapdragon model (except for the S20 / Note20 series of the Korean Snapdragon version)

Last edited:
Reactions: Berserker900

Berserker900

May 7, 2020
Yes is AUB7
because the SoC is completely different,Can't be compared

The kernel version number is still 20700993. It should be that the Exynos model has relatively large room for improvement and optimization. The Snapdragon model has limited room for improvement and optimization, but the initial performance is more stable than the Exynos model.

This is my long-term experience using two SoC versions of Samsung S series and Note series
However, the Exynos model encountered major problems. The optimization efficiency is improved and the speed of pushing updates will be faster than the Snapdragon model (except for the S20 / Note20 series of the Korean Snapdragon version)
i have been having really bad battery life with my exynoss, otherwise it rocks... will it be any better ?

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
i have been having really bad battery life with my exynoss, otherwise it rocks... will it be any better ?
I'm just curious as to what people who keep having bad battery life have running/installed in their phones. It very well could be an app problem, but I suppose that it could also just be a Exynos related problem - I just haven't seen any deeper detailed explanations of the problem.

Would you mind telling me a bit more so that I can get a full understanding of this battery usage issue? I have the SD888 version and this phone has the best battery of any device that I've ever had prior... Fill me in if you can. Thanks!

Reactions: Berserker900

Berserker900

May 7, 2020
I'm just curious as to what people who keep having bad battery life have running/installed in their phones. It very well could be an app problem, but I suppose that it could also just be a Exynos related problem - I just haven't seen any deeper detailed explanations of the problem.

Would you mind telling me a bit more so that I can get a full understanding of this battery usage issue? I have the SD888 version and this phone has the best battery of any device that I've ever had prior... Fill me in if you can. Thanks!
i just did a full reset for my phone, coz i heard that using smartwatch does affect the battery. i just will try anything for the moment.
ok so, the phone for me is super, i do not care about benchs or whatever, it does wat i ask and more except for battery it is draining fast. i get 5SOT when lucky, i have 5g on, 120hz, fhd, Bluetooth,sync,auto rotate, basically everything not gonna lie.
but i think anyone do the same, i have duel sims both on, i never connect to WiFi coz im always out.
am i being a whiner ? or should i get more than that?
i had an s20fe before and i think it used to last more.
the thing is i see battery draining once i use the device, like i see it lol
no heating tho or any other issues, i have package disabler on so anything useless i kill it asap.
wdyt?

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
i just did a full reset for my phone, coz i heard that using smartwatch does affect the battery. i just will try anything for the moment.
ok so, the phone for me is super, i do not care about benchs or whatever, it does wat i ask and more except for battery it is draining fast. i get 5SOT when lucky, i have 5g on, 120hz, fhd, Bluetooth,sync,auto rotate, basically everything not gonna lie.
but i think anyone do the same, i have duel sims both on, i never connect to WiFi coz im always out.
no heating tho or any other issues, i have package disabler on so anything useless i kill it asap.
wdyt?
Thanks for responding! Hmm, interesting. I can usually hit 5 hours SOT with 120hz and 1440P enabled, however, that only brings me to around 40-50% battery.

Maybe it's got something to do with that package disabler app. I don't have any potentially continuous background apps running on my phone and I also use Samsung's built-in battery options (sleep mode and deep sleep mode) for apps that I don't need/receive notifications from. Aside from that, the only other thing that I've done was remove almost all of the stock, built-in Samsung apps over ADB as I happen to use all Google apps (and doing so over ADB is the only reliable way to do so on Samsung devices).

Perhaps one or all of those things are what is helping me out - so give em' a try if you'd like to. But let me know how the phone reset works on your battery life! I hope that you can get it sorted out!

Berserker900

May 7, 2020
Thanks for responding! Hmm, interesting. I can usually hit 5 hours SOT with 120hz and 1440P enabled, however, that only brings me to around 40-50% battery.

Maybe it's got something to do with that package disabler app. I don't have any potentially continuous background apps running on my phone and I also use Samsung's built-in battery options (sleep mode and deep sleep mode) for apps that I don't need/receive notifications from. Aside from that, the only other thing that I've done was remove almost all of the stock, built-in Samsung apps over ADB as I happen to use all Google apps (and doing so over ADB is the only reliable way to do so on Samsung devices).

Perhaps one or all of those things are what is helping me out - so give em' a try if you'd like to. But let me know how the phone reset works on your battery life! I hope that you can get it sorted out!
Hmmm , interesting 🤔.
I use package disabler coz it serves as the ADB method but this doesn't require a PC.
Might try that one as well.
So you only removed the srock apps, nothing out of ordinary?
Coz some lists asks to move too much which becomes weird.
Did the fresh install, awaiting a full charge to complete and will give it a test run.
Thank you mate, will update for sure.

amirage

Sep 1, 2010
Dubai
Most of the battery drain for me is associated with the crazy google play services. I can't figure out why this service is draining on average 3.5% per day! I have tried every trick in the book but nothing seems to work

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Hmmm , interesting 🤔.
I use package disabler coz it serves as the ADB method but this doesn't require a PC.
Might try that one as well.
So you only removed the srock apps, nothing out of ordinary?
Coz some lists asks to move too much which becomes weird.
Did the fresh install, awaiting a full charge to complete and will give it a test run.
Thank you mate, will update for sure.
Hmm, interesting. I guess the package disabler app should work then. But yeah, I've only removed stock, Samsung apps that I could directly replace with Google apps (things like phone, messages, calendar, calculator, etc) - so nothing out of the ordinary. It just stinks that Samsung made it so that the user cannot disable those untouched apps in the settings like they can on most other phones... Regardless, I'm still hoping that your reset does the trick! But with that said, just remember to give the phone a few full charge uses prior to giving it a battery duration test (as it usually takes like 3-4 full battery uses for this phone to adapt to your usage).

franagan75

Apr 16, 2018
The exact changes may differ depending on your device model, country/Region, and service provider.

• Improved performance
WhatsApp version off app camera use this march update? Thanks

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
<snip>

<snip>

I can only speak from *my* experience but running 5G/LTE almost continuously as opposed to Wifi would probably drop my battery life by at least 33-40%. This is from my experience with my Note 9 when travelling overseas and not having access to wifi. With my S21 ultra, since having it I have 80% of the time been on wifi.

Reactions: nightoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please upload a Screenshot of the Software Info menu (build date, Kernel,..)
    They are trolling.. no such update
    wdyt?

wdyt?

If you have 5G on, 120hz (FHD), BT, Dual SIM and Auto Sync on, using almost always the mobile data then you get 5 SoT?! I count this as amazing battery life!! Because only by using the phone outside home with no WiFi and only Mobile Data together with higher screen brightness, this will shorten your SoT with about 30-40%.

My Galaxy S20 Ultra (Snapdragon) giving me easily about 6-7 hours of SoT with about 30 hours of usage if i have Wi-Fi on all the time. That's for sure with constant 120hz.

When i go outside home, i always have the BT on, the 4G/3G on, the screen is more often on with higher brightness, that's shorten my SoT to 4-5 hours. If i chat by video call, then i count with less SoT because the camera drains the battery even faster.
    Snapdragon or exynos?
    the thread title is about G9980 so it is snapdragon
    Lol. Could there be any less info?

• Improved performance
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone