Galaxy A3 (2016) have CPU exynos 7580 with 8 cores and 1.6GHZ (inlcude proof link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekil

Jul 27, 2013
Hi all.

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F phones have Exynos 7580 Octa core (8 cores , two clusters with 8 cores Cortex A53) cpu and can work on 1.6 Ghz. I'm find way for activate second cluster with other 4 cores and speed up for 1.6Ghz.

IT IS NECESSARY:
Activate Developer Mode then go to
Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

You flash this at your own risk. Please ensure you have the stock ROM to hand downloaded from SAMMOBILE in case of problems. This will trip the knox counter.

To activate 8 cores and 1.6 Ghz we need first install root with
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95gNRt0IyAMSU1LTFVpY01zT3c/view?usp=sharing
Then install custom recovery (only for backup old boot.img) from this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/sam...ent/recovery-samsung-sm-a310f-fd-y-m-t3317339
and afrer flash my modified boot.img
Mod edit
Link removed

thats all.. Thank

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ashyx

Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Still only 4 cores running according to the last image.
Have you got one that shows all 8 cores in action?

kvern

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks a lot for this, seems to go to be true.

Is there any cons to perform this ? like Battery draining much more faster or unstability of the system ?

mLawrenci

Apr 6, 2015
Nairobi
Any downfalls?

Thanks a lot for this.
One question though. Are there any downfalls? Even though we could always go back to stock, would be good to know if activating 4 additional cores that were previously inactive has any effect on the phone. Like why are they even inactive in the first place?

:good:

Reactions: papadawgg

qwsdert4

May 23, 2012
Qingdao
Have you tried loading the cpu's with something intensive?
I will try, since sliding the screen would not put any hard burden on the cpu.

I suspect that the custom kernel only unlock 1.6GHz and also reveals the true name of the CPU. However the other four cores are still locked by some means. It would be great if the other four cores are unlocked, since it is such a beautiful little handset

Reactions: maxe69

bbfl

Mar 6, 2013
Step-bg-step

Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for this but would it be possible for someone to write more detailed steps in unveiling the 8 cores?
Thanks

Aceseatleon

Apr 9, 2016
Info

After flushing will it be like factory reset or all of my data will be in my phone?
Why did you mentioned that custom recovery is needed for backup (for what) or it is must to backup the phone i case something to go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.