• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Galaxy A40 Always on Display best alternative! Working 100%

Search This thread

catalinspyro

Oct 22, 2014
I found this apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/always-on-display/.
Tried the last version, but it blocks my A40.
Have anyone tried any an working version?
I really need an AOD, or an app that shows the icon of an receiving notification app, not an blinking led

muppetz

Sep 27, 2015
I found this apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/always-on-display/.
Tried the last version, but it blocks my A40.
Have anyone tried any an working version?
I really need an AOD, or an app that shows the icon of an receiving notification app, not an blinking led

In my humble opinion all these apks have a huge inconvenience , they eat a lot battery . Also , almost all are incomplete or have too many ads or simply are not suitable for the phone . Only two apks I liked so I suggest you to try :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tomer.alwayson
or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe

catalinspyro

Oct 22, 2014
Always on edge it's not what I am looking for, Always on AMOLED consumes all the battery. Any other sugestions?

r3lativo

Sep 20, 2017
I feel teased

So with the last update, my A40 received Android 10
And with it, I noticed that while charging there's an AOE that describes the battery percentage!

So why the heck Samsung doesn't implement it totally?

Last edited:

pedroxe

Mar 11, 2019
any news on this matter? using glimpse to wake up screen for notifications

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, after searching on german forums, xda and youtube i found this app
    y8Fj5Ml1MSO60DrQZw50cY-iE_8uOilIKGxtknNcSmSwt0tBEqwBXsfNiTkhjja23wwI=w1280-h657-rw

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe&hl=en

It is great cause it have a lot of options and in one you can select that AOD only turns on when a new notification comes
    For now it didnt consume too much battery i would say that even none
    But what i ask for help is if anyone could check the privacy of this and if we can debate which one is the best for this

Thanks in advance to all,
    pd. sony fan here, but this phone is a beast :good:
    You can unlock the phone with the fingerprint if you are using these app?
    Crap, this is a deal breaker for me..

Tapatalked with A8 2018

yes.. I have installed apk , and fingerprint work fine
    I mean, with the always on display if I use the fingerprint it unlock the phone or I have first wake the phone and then use the fingerprint..

I don't know if I was clear enough

Tapatalked with A8 2018

fingerprint will unlock the phone
    Of course, I was trying to understand if these app consumption are higher than the stock always on display of the other Samsung phones

Tapatalked with A8 2018

well it is quite a lot , the phone is not goin into deep sleep along as the led is active , for an example if you get a notification for 30 mins it wont enter deep sleep if you get more the phone will keep staying awake , its litteraly like you have your phone awake displaying a black image
    Mmm you're right. And if I use the always on display like the stock one: clock and symbols of the notifications but no blinking. Is it the same thing (no deep sleep) ?

Also, double tap to wake still works?

Tapatalked with A8 2018

from my understanding our device is lacking a small physical storage chip witch should be a part a of the display called display memory. so as long as the display is on displaying anything the cpu wont go to deep sleep
    im assuming that cause aod wont allow deep sleep even in gsi roms so that must be it