Galaxy A51, Stock impossible to reboot into recovery?

Search This thread

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Install the Kernel you want (Doesnt included)

I don't quite understand. Which kernal would you need to install. What is the install sequence.

What is a kernel.

So flash it before the ROM.

AxynKernel-V2_A51.zip

Last edited:

vmirrimv

Install the Kernel you want (Doesnt included)

I don't quite understand. Which kernal would you need to install. What is the install sequence.

What is a kernel.

So flash it before the ROM.

AxynKernel-V2_A51.zip
The kernel is a computer program at the core of a computer's operating system and generally has complete control over everything in the system.[1] It is the portion of the operating system code that is always resident in memory[2] and facilitates interactions between hardware and software components. A full kernel controls all hardware resources (e.g. I/O, memory, cryptography) via device drivers, arbitrates conflicts between processes concerning such resources, and optimizes the utilization of common resources e.g. CPU & cache usage, file systems, and network sockets. On most systems, the kernel is one of the first programs loaded on startup (after the bootloader). It handles the rest of startup as well as memory, peripherals, and input/output (I/O) requests from software, translating them into data-processing instructions for the central processing unit.

Reactions: Sign1

vmirrimv

So, the kernel is the heart of the system, and, as it is better, the OS will perform faster and with more quality.
The author of this ROM offers to flash a custom kernel, if one wants to change something in the better way.
I found a topic on the same Russian forum, and I followed the instruction and flashed the Prisma kernel: https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=986076&st=4880#entry111785379

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-103750_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-103750_Settings.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 2

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Cheers for the feedback. Interesting thread that Russian one, thank god for google translation.

So with regards to the ElementaryOS [1.0 - Beta]

Installation:

Back up Stock in TWRP to SD Card

Wipe data/cache/dalvik or format Data (Yes)

1st ..Pick one of the three Kernels and Install the Kernel I want as it’s not included in the custom ROM.

AxynKernel-V2_A51.zip
NDataX_STOCK_20210214_22 54 03.zip
PrishKernel-R3-A51dd.zip

Which one would you go for?

2nd ..Install Elementary OS_BlassGO[1.0-Beta2].zip

3rd ..Install Magisk-v21.2.zip

4th ..Install Restore_Vendor.zip

Reboot.

I do not need to install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip again.

I might give this a go, see if it imporves performance.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Do you have any problems doing a backup in TWRP.

Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar. This is installed.

Tried backing up Boot, Recovery and Data, around 480 Meg in total, failed three times. Is it not possbile to back up Stock in TWRP?

vmirrimv

Do you have any problems doing a backup in TWRP.

Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar. This is installed.

Tried backing up Boot, Recovery and Data, around 480 Meg in total, failed three times. Is it not possbile to back up Stock in TWRP?
Hello, I did not have any problems about backing up with this TWRP version installed.
But why do you want to make such small backup? If your phone does not boot into the system, you as minimum will need Super, Prism, ... to solve the problem.
Instead of making a backup of stock, I will recommend you simply reflash your phone with the stock Android 11 using PC, if you meet some issues
It is also needed, when, for example, your phone cannot boot neither into TWRP nor into the system.
If I mislead you with this topic, take it as missing my knowledges about this.

Reactions: Sign1

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Hello, I did not have any problems about backing up with this TWRP version installed.
But why do you want to make such small backup? If your phone does not boot into the system, you as minimum will need Super, Prism, ... to solve the problem.
Instead of making a backup of stock, I will recommend you simply reflash your phone with the stock Android 11 using PC, if you meet some issues
It is also needed, when, for example, your phone cannot boot neither into TWRP nor into the system.
If I mislead you with this topic, take it as missing my knowledges about this.
Yep your right, I am going to install the custom ROM you suggested, and that Kernel. Stock has too much bloatware for me. I do not like Google apps. Or Samsung bloatware..

Like you say, you can always flash back to Stock if required no need to back up Stock.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
I installed ElementaryOS_BlassGO[1.0-Beta2].zip

Nice

Looked in running services in developer options.

System is using 1.8GB of RAM.

Seems high is it the same with you?

Apps only 356 MB.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar. This is installed

Recovery does not give me the option to back up System neither does it automatically back up system.

My back up size is tiny as it only allows me to back up boot, recovery and data.

No option for system, on Stock or Custom ROM.

Is it the same for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    What is about phone: is it bootlooping or is it in downloading mode?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    My phone. - Galaxy A51, One UI Version is 4.1, Android version is 12, Product Name – SM-A515F.

Stock ROM up to date.

I can boot into download mode, +/- volume, connect to pc. Works just fine.

But + volume & power boots into safe mode; - volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume only boots into safe mode. I have ran out of button sequences to try.

What is wrong with my phone, is it impossoble to boot into recovery mode on my model of phone. This is why I cannot install TWRP as when I install via Odin, it will not boot into recovery post installation.

I am stumped.
    Other question: from what source did you download the twrp.tar file?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    Guy, to complete the TWRP installation, it is needed to flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt from TWRP, otherwise the device will not boot properly