Galaxy A51, Stock impossible to reboot into recovery?

Search This thread

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Well yesterday, I managed to fool the system and get the OEM unlocking to show in Developer Options. I installed TWRP-11-3.6.2-a51-20220602-0515.tar, pass in odin:, went through the Volume +/- sequence, power button and the phone rebooted back into system, with the OEM unlocking still showing in Developer Options. Before I used to get stuck in a boot loop.

I still cannot boot into recovery, I am in 12 stock, have successfully installed TWRP via Odin recieving a pass, but impossible to boot into recovery.

Going through the Volume +/- sequence, power button I just reboot into safe mode.

I am going to download Android 11, then start again, as I am getting no where with Android 12. Thanks for your help Moderator.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
When in download mode, Current Binary: Custom (0x4)

Where else can I make sure what my binary number is?

vmirrimv

When in download mode, Current Binary: Custom (0x4)

Where else can I make sure what my binary number is?
Hello. If you are in system, in the build number paremeter (if I am right), there will be a sequence like this:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Sign1

vmirrimv

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
A515FXXU5FVE2 Yes thats mine i am in Binary 5 so no going back to Android 10 I will download Android 11.

Thanks for your help buddy.

vmirrimv

Well yesterday, I managed to fool the system and get the OEM unlocking to show in Developer Options. I installed TWRP-11-3.6.2-a51-20220602-0515.tar, pass in odin:, went through the Volume +/- sequence, power button and the phone rebooted back into system, with the OEM unlocking still showing in Developer Options. Before I used to get stuck in a boot loop.

I still cannot boot into recovery, I am in 12 stock, have successfully installed TWRP via Odin recieving a pass, but impossible to boot into recovery.

Going through the Volume +/- sequence, power button I just reboot into safe mode.

I am going to download Android 11, then start again, as I am getting no where with Android 12. Thanks for your help Moderator.
you may not use the right sequnce of pressing volume and power buttons to enter the recovery.
If you are in Stock now, you need to turn your phone off and after it vibrates, connect it through USB Data cable to the computer.
Then you will need to wait until charging bar process appears.
After you forcibly reboot your phone by pressing both volume buttons.
Then, as soon as the screen becomes black, you will need to quickly switch to volume up and power buttons and hold them until the samsung logo appears (with the right text. when the attetion about bootloader is, you simply continue to press those buttons).

If you understand this and do this, you will enter the recovery, because there are no more ways to do this.
If you are confused with text, i will recommend you to flash TWRP on Android 11 watching this video:

vmirrimv

you may not use the right sequnce of pressing volume and power buttons to enter the recovery.
If you are in Stock now, you need to turn your phone off and after it vibrates, connect it through USB Data cable to the computer.
Then you will need to wait until charging bar process appears.
After you forcibly reboot your phone by pressing both volume buttons.
Then, as soon as the screen becomes black, you will need to quickly switch to volume up and power buttons and hold them until the samsung logo appears (with the right text. when the attetion about bootloader is, you simply continue to press those buttons).

If you understand this and do this, you will enter the recovery, because there are no more ways to do this.
If you are confused with text, i will recommend you to flash TWRP on Android 11 watching this video:
But i wrote this meaning that twrp is already and sucessfully flashed

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Yes I did install TWRP and recieved a pass in Odin, trouble is I cannot reboot into TWRP because I am having trouble booting in to recovery.
I have not installed either of these yet because of this problem.

Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip

multidisabler-samsung-3.1.zip

Again many many thanks for the help.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Yes I did what you outlined trying to force the phone into recovery via pc cable and sequence of +/- volume power buttons..

I just get the recharge sign on the black screen, the same recharge sign on the black screen i get when I tried to install TWRP and went through the button sequence process afterwards.

The only thing is I do not have a sim card in the phone, do you need a sim card in the phone to boot to recovery?

vmirrimv

Yes I did what you outlined trying to force the phone into recovery via pc cable and sequence of +/- volume power buttons..

I just get the recharge sign on the black screen, the same recharge sign on the black screen i get when I tried to install TWRP and went through the button sequence process afterwards.

The only thing is I do not have a sim card in the phone, do you need a sim card in the phone to boot to recovery?
Hello, I mixed up with the way of booting into TWRP after flashing it.

1. To forcibly reboot the phone you need to press volume down (-) and power buttons.
2. As soon as the black screen appears, you need quickly switch to pressing volume up (+) and power buttons.
3. After the Samsung logo appears, with all its messages about installed third-party software, written in red font, continue pressing only volume up button.

As you question is, it is like: "does one need an OS installed on the computer, to enter BIOS/UEFI mode?" and my answer is no.
The reason is, that, as BIOS and UEFI on computers. recovery on smartphones is an independent part of all flashed to the phone.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
I followed your rules to the letter. For reference I have no sim card in the phone.

When the cable is plugged into the phone and laptop, after following your sequence of buttons pressed, the phone just sits there with a black screen with the recharge lightening sign displayed on the screen.

When the cable is unplugged from the phone and laptop, after following your sequence of buttons pressed, the phone just boots into safe mode into system.

It’s as if there is no boot option to recovery installed on the phone itself. I am lost.

The phone is now in Android 12 Stock Rom.

Galaxy A51, One UI Version is 4.1, Android version is 12, Product Name – SM-A515F.

In download mode, OEM LOCK – OFF (U), FRP LOCK – OFF, KG STATE – Checking Current Binary – Samsung Official 5.

In system OEM Unlock option is greyed out and switched on in developer options.

I will have downloaded Android 11 later on; I might try and install this see if I get any difference results.

Is there any way in Odin to completely wipe/format the phone itself then do a clean install of Android 11. All these Stock ROM installs are in essence dirty installs as I have not formatted the drive itself prior to install.

vmirrimv

I think, that you need to lock your bootloader, the procedure is the same, but after the phone starts, you will need to untick OEM unlock in Developer settings to complete this proccess.
After this I recommend you to flash Android 11.
Then as it is done: unlocking bootloader, setting USB debugging, MTP value for default USB configuration and rebooting to the download (Odin) mode.
Then flashing Twrp+vbmeta_A11.tar recovery file, without Auto Reboot checkmark ticked.
Afterwards entering TWRP as shown in the video guide.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
As I entered the downloading mode, the KG (Knox Guard) state value was prenormal

So you think I might need to lock my bootloader. Every post on here seems to think it needs to be unlocked prior to installing TWRP.

Could the unlocked bootloader be preventing me from booting into recovery in Stock Rom?

No my states KG (Knox Guard) state value is checking.

In download mode, OEM LOCK – OFF (U),

FRP LOCK – OFF,

KG STATE – Checking

Current Binary – Samsung Official 5.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
When the cable is plugged into the phone and laptop, after following your sequence of buttons pressed, the phone just sits there with a black screen with the recharge lightening sign displayed on the screen.

This means you missed the timing. Keep trying. You need to be connected to a PC to be able to reboot to recovery from power on, otherwise you will not be able to do it.

vmirrimv

So you think I might need to lock my bootloader. Every post on here seems to think it needs to be unlocked prior to installing TWRP.

Could the unlocked bootloader be preventing me from booting into recovery in Stock Rom?

No my states KG (Knox Guard) state value is checking.

In download mode, OEM LOCK – OFF (U),

FRP LOCK – OFF,

KG STATE – Checking

Current Binary – Samsung Official 5.
I meant, that locking the bootloader is before you install Android 11.
After you do it, of course, you will need to unlock it again

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
This means you missed the timing. Keep trying. You need to be connected to a PC to be able to reboot to recovery from power on, otherwise you will not be able to do it.
Cheers buddy, I will keep trying, managed to grab stock Android 11, so I will install this over 12, might get some luck with 11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    What is about phone: is it bootlooping or is it in downloading mode?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    My phone. - Galaxy A51, One UI Version is 4.1, Android version is 12, Product Name – SM-A515F.

Stock ROM up to date.

I can boot into download mode, +/- volume, connect to pc. Works just fine.

But + volume & power boots into safe mode; - volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume only boots into safe mode. I have ran out of button sequences to try.

What is wrong with my phone, is it impossoble to boot into recovery mode on my model of phone. This is why I cannot install TWRP as when I install via Odin, it will not boot into recovery post installation.

I am stumped.
    Other question: from what source did you download the twrp.tar file?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    Guy, to complete the TWRP installation, it is needed to flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt from TWRP, otherwise the device will not boot properly