Galaxy A51, Stock impossible to reboot into recovery?

Search This thread

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
I meant, that locking the bootloader is before you install Android 11.
After you do it, of course, you will need to unlock it again
Got Android 10, 11 and 12 now all in stock. I will try and get 12 into recovery by being quicker with the buttons, if all fails thren i'll give 11 ago. Cheers for your feedback fella much appreciated.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Heres an update, I could not for the life of me get Android 12 into recovery, Spent a good half an hour wiith all sequences of +/- volume power buttons, it just will not go into recovery.

Relocked the bootloader, now I am in Android 11, Binary 5. The bootloader is locked and Knox Guard is pre normal.

Trying to get the OEM unlock button to show in developer options, so far not so good. Its not having it at all.
I still cannot boot into stock recovery. I honestly think there is something wrong with the phone and it has no recovery boot.

Thats about a very frustarted me, not really got anyhwhere
after a three page thread. Phew.

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Heres an update, I could not for the life of me get Android 12 into recovery, Spent a good half an hour wiith all sequences of +/- volume power buttons, it just will not go into recovery.

Relocked the bootloader, now I am in Android 11, Binary 5. The bootloader is locked and Knox Guard is pre normal.

Trying to get the OEM unlock button to show in developer options, so far not so good. Its not having it at all.
I still cannot boot into stock recovery. I honestly think there is something wrong with the phone and it has no recovery boot.

If you're booted into system then try adb and do
adb reboot recovery

Reactions: Sign1

vmirrimv

Hello, do you use the USB cable to enter the recovery? Because in the latest versions of Android for this phone it is a needed part for the process.

Last edited:

vmirrimv

I think, that there is no problem with your phone - it is only in the way of you action, because you have sucessfully flashed Android 11 and rewritten all partititions of the phone, therefore, all parts of the software MUST work

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
vmirrimv you were correct, cheers.

One UI Version – 3.1
Android Version – 11
Knox – 3.7
Knox API Level – 33
TIMA - 4.1.0

Some good news at last; I managed to boot into stock recovery, it was that I was pressing the two buttons to hard. Softly softly, my big fat fingers......

Cable connected to laptop, allow power digits to visualise the charging level; lightly press volume up and power button, for ten seconds, voila, stock recovery.

Any suggestions on how to get the OEM unlock button to show in Developer Options.

If I can unlock the boot loader, then get Knox Guard to show checking, then we might be able to install custom Recovery....

vmirrimv

Hello again
If you want to get unlock OEM option, you will need to open to open developer options and make sure it is not there.
Then, you must connect to the Internet with any way and close the settings app.
Afterwards wait about 5 minutes, without turning off the acess to the network.
After this, as I did, it should appear there.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
I'll follow you're instructions as soon as I get access to WiFi. And report back.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Connection – WiFi

Date and Time – Auto date and Time switched off

Set date and time to 01/10/2021 – Manual Set.

Switched auto software update off

Switched auto system update off

Switched Android Debugging on

Last time/date checked for software update was 01/10/2021

Your software is up to date Patch 01/11/2021

Did a reset, system reset phone switches off, back on no OEM unlock button, this worked on Android 12.

vmirrimv

Please, watch the video above, about rooting and installing TWRP.
There will be a part of the video, where it is explained in the visual phone.

The thing is, that you simply need to connect to the Internet and open developer options and then close it.
Then only wait and that is all.
Why did you switch the date to manual one? Let it be as it is

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
Set date and time to correct date and time – Manual Set.

Switched on Auto update date and time.

Switched auto software update off

Switched auto system update off

Switched USB Debugging on

Last time/date checked for software update was 01/10/2021

No information about the last update

Connect to wi-fi

Open Developer Options, then close Developer Option.

Switched phone off, will recharge to 100%

Fingers crossed and toes.

Sign1

Jun 3, 2022
All Done, all good.

Where I was going wrong with the button press sequence was the phone was in a plastic case, so the buttons were not very responsive, when going through the correct sequence.

But once I took the phone out of the case, touched the bare +/- volume buttons and the power button. Then the sequence worked perfectly and I managed to boot into TWRP Recovery.

I am going to install a Root File manager app now (any suggestions); hopefully Magiisk will grant the app root access, that way I can stay on Stock for now but remove some of the bloating.

I will also install a custom ROM, any suggestions there, a lite one, I am not keen on loads of apps.

Thanks for the feedback and help, the video is a life saver.....

Last edited:

vmirrimv

[ROM][A515F/DS][OneUI 3.1 - S20 Port] Just4Fun v1

Or maybe this one better?
Yes, the Custom ROM, based on the stock one, will be better.
But this author does not worry about non-advanced phone users, so, as it is said, if one does not care about something little, it will even not think about someting bigger.
Instead of this ROM I will recommend the following one: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-a515x-elementaryos-experimental-oneui-core-3-1-64bits.4335773/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    What is about phone: is it bootlooping or is it in downloading mode?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    My phone. - Galaxy A51, One UI Version is 4.1, Android version is 12, Product Name – SM-A515F.

Stock ROM up to date.

I can boot into download mode, +/- volume, connect to pc. Works just fine.

But + volume & power boots into safe mode; - volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume & power boots into safe mode; +/- volume only boots into safe mode. I have ran out of button sequences to try.

What is wrong with my phone, is it impossoble to boot into recovery mode on my model of phone. This is why I cannot install TWRP as when I install via Odin, it will not boot into recovery post installation.

I am stumped.
    Other question: from what source did you download the twrp.tar file?
    You should be able to force a reboot to recovery using ADB. Enable developer options, then enable USB Debugging. Download the SDK Platform Tools and open a command line in the platform tools directory (where you find the fastboot, adb, etc programs)

First, type adb devices. ADB will then start the ADB daemon.
    Next, connect your device via USB cable while unlocked. You should get a prompt on the device screen requesting USB debugging authorization. Go ahead and grant it.
    Then, type adb devices again. If you authorized USB debugging correctly, you should see your device listed.
    Now, type adb reboot recovery. Your device should reboot into TWRP.
    Guy, to complete the TWRP installation, it is needed to flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt from TWRP, otherwise the device will not boot properly