Question galaxy a53 Really lagging and slow??

Search This thread

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
That Its true this can be fix with any software update?
:sick:
Given the A53 is a "budget" device with low end hardware, the best you can really do is run a "clean" OS with as little bloat as possible. There isn't much that will make your device faster besides reducing what is running at any given time.

williec80

Apr 25, 2022
Thank you the attentive answer, it not sounds too good . Not can be at a good and still cheap too :)
What is your proposal for the Galaxy A73 have you any experience this phone for regarding this topic?

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Temporary fix until software update hopefully can fix it.

1. Install and use nova launcher
2. Navigation bar buttons instead gestures.
3. Keyboard lag use Gboard
4. Messenger lag use google messenger.

It seems to fix most lag. It also seems to this is a software issues. Affecting Samsung apps and services. So delete all Samsung apps u can and disable the other u can't delete. Do not use any Samsung apps do not sign in to Samsung. Scrolling stutter only able to fix if screen is put to 60hrz but this isnt a 100% it still will occasionally stutter when scrolling webpages Facebook and so on but it is far less then with 120hrz.

But the 4 solutiona mentioned should fix most lag.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron

It seems to fix most lag. It also seems to this is a software issues. Affecting Samsung apps and services. So delete all Samsung apps u can and disable the other u can't delete. Do not use any Samsung apps do not sign in to Samsung. Scrolling stutter only able to fix if screen is put to 60hrz but this isnt a 100% it still will occasionally stutter when scrolling webpages Facebook and so on but it is far less then with 120hrz.

Reactions: williec80

williec80

Apr 25, 2022

Thank you these usefull advise. i will try it asap and will feedback that what is the result. :)

DRSdroid

May 13, 2011
This phone was definitely slower when I first got it. It took a few days of use for it to get adjusted. I also always replace the launcher with nova, keyboard with gboard, and messages with signal.

Then I use ADB to remove a couple of stupid packages. Like anything Facebook related any of the AR packages, apps that I don't use (why the hell does Samsung have two messaging apps on a phone stock?).

I came from the OnePlus 6t and I feel like this device is only a minor upgrade overall. In the end that's kind of all I was looking for because the 6t still ran great.

I do notice some poor responsiveness in the touch screen from time to time (although that seems to be getting better each day) and I definitely noticed a pretty big delay when I use voice to text. It definitely takes a second to fire up the mic which leads to it picking up where I'm talking mid sentence.

I may yank out more of the Samsung system apps as time goes on. For the moment I'm enjoying the Bixby routines because it's keeping me from needing to install Tasker. I recommend everyone try that at their own risk. Do some research first but there are a lot of system apps and processes that Samsung preloads in here that always run in the background sucking up precious RAM. I say try it at your own risk because if you uninstall the wrong applications you can mess your phone up pretty bad.

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
Also Facebook is a big resource hog. Even on an iPhone 13 it can stutter occasionally or even freezes specially in marketplace and makes the phone run hot. If you don't mind using the mobile version I would highly recommend using that instead the app.

Reactions: DRSdroid

dante501

Apr 8, 2010
Barron
I also think there is better devices for less mOney that even offer more but probably never get those 4 software updates. Like the Blu F91 BLU F91 5G | 2022 | 3-Day Battery | Unlocked | 6.8” Full HD+ Display | 128/8GB | 48MP Quad Camera | US Version | US Warranty | Sky Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WJM9XVW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FW76ZJAX9F1BWN35ZA5M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 it has wireless fast charging and a gas charger in the box a case and screen protector and headphones. It's 5G and it's 250 dollars. This phone overall is a much better deal but the software probably will never or only be upgraded one time unfortunately.

Reactions: DRSdroid

DRSdroid

May 13, 2011
I also think there is better devices for less mOney that even offer more but probably never get those 4 software updates. Like the Blu F91 BLU F91 5G | 2022 | 3-Day Battery | Unlocked | 6.8” Full HD+ Display | 128/8GB | 48MP Quad Camera | US Version | US Warranty | Sky Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WJM9XVW/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FW76ZJAX9F1BWN35ZA5M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 it has wireless fast charging and a gas charger in the box a case and screen protector and headphones. It's 5G and it's 250 dollars. This phone overall is a much better deal but the software probably will never or only be upgraded one time unfortunately.
I agree 100% about facebook. I stopped using the app shortly after they first released it LOL. I find it much much easier to just use the mobile website.

I was looking at some Chinese devices as well before settling on this. One of the reasons I went with the a53 5G is compatibility with T-Mobile's 5G in my area. Also the software and support factored in. I was lucky enough to have my 6t for almost 4 years. That's the longest I've ever had a smartphone for and I really enjoyed being able to get that much lifespan out of a inexpensive device compared to the competition. The promise of support for this device led me to choose it even though it's only a mild upgrade from what I had before.

williec80

Apr 25, 2022
I agree 100% about facebook. I stopped using the app shortly after they first released it LOL. I find it much much easier to just use the mobile website.

I was looking at some Chinese devices as well before settling on this. One of the reasons I went with the a53 5G is compatibility with T-Mobile's 5G in my area. Also the software and support factored in. I was lucky enough to have my 6t for almost 4 years. That's the longest I've ever had a smartphone for and I really enjoyed being able to get that much lifespan out of a inexpensive device compared to the competition. The promise of support for this device led me to choose it even though it's only a mild upgrade from what I had before.
thank you the usefull and detail of rich description...

b1283822

Feb 8, 2017
It is laggy because Samsung picked the weaker hardware for this phone (even though it sells for mid range price, there is no SD778 or Exynos 1080 or Dimensity 1200). As others said you could disable things and only use 60Hz screen. But if you haven't bought it yet you can buy the A52s which will be smoother.

kitchenfork

Sep 7, 2011
This phone was definitely slower when I first got it. It took a few days of use for it to get adjusted. I also always replace the launcher with nova, keyboard with gboard, and messages with signal.

Then I use ADB to remove a couple of stupid packages. Like anything Facebook related any of the AR packages, apps that I don't use (why the hell does Samsung have two messaging apps on a phone stock?).

I came from the OnePlus 6t and I feel like this device is only a minor upgrade overall. In the end that's kind of all I was looking for because the 6t still ran great.

I do notice some poor responsiveness in the touch screen from time to time (although that seems to be getting better each day) and I definitely noticed a pretty big delay when I use voice to text. It definitely takes a second to fire up the mic which leads to it picking up where I'm talking mid sentence.

I may yank out more of the Samsung system apps as time goes on. For the moment I'm enjoying the Bixby routines because it's keeping me from needing to install Tasker. I recommend everyone try that at their own risk. Do some research first but there are a lot of system apps and processes that Samsung preloads in here that always run in the background sucking up precious RAM. I say try it at your own risk because if you uninstall the wrong applications you can mess your phone up pretty bad.
Did removing these packages help performance? I am going back and forth about whether to return the phone or not (the camera is unusable at the moment - but hopefully that changes with software updates - I am yet to receive the April update). Thanks.

DRSdroid

May 13, 2011
Did removing these packages help performance? I am going back and forth about whether to return the phone or not (the camera is unusable at the moment - but hopefully that changes with software updates - I am yet to receive the April update). Thanks.
Removing packages helped free up some RAM. I'm definitely not experiencing the level of lag you're describing and the camera seems fine compared to my 6t.

This phone is half the price of most flagship devices. I'm not sure what your expectations are for such a device. Perhaps you should get a better device, or wait for the new oneplus Nord and see how it's performs.

sandsofmyst

Oct 17, 2009

I'm confused. I don't have Facebook on my A53 or ADB wasn't needed if it was originally (and not system app). Did you grab a carrier one? That would explain it to me. Not seeing lag on my unlocked A53.

If you grabbed an unlocked one then I don't know why you'd have lag unless it had a physical issue or you use something I don't use that causes it.

bestmvno.com

Mar 8, 2014
bestmvno.com

Enable developer options and disable all animations should fix this without the need for installing a 3rd party launcher or other software.

kitchenfork

Sep 7, 2011
Removing packages helped free up some RAM. I'm definitely not experiencing the level of lag you're describing and the camera seems fine compared to my 6t.

This phone is half the price of most flagship devices. I'm not sure what your expectations are for such a device. Perhaps you should get a better device, or wait for the new oneplus Nord and see how it's performs.
Hmmm, the camera takes about 1 to 2 seconds to take a photo, and sometimes doesn't take a photo at all and because of the lag I often miss the photo opportunity because I am waiting to see if it worked (daytime photos). The rest is manageable, but still laggier then my old S9+, I at least thought it would match that performance (I don't game, so only day to day use performance is important for me). Seems like my phone is unusually slow, maybe something went wrong when transferring over from s9+ and I should start fresh with a factory reset! Everything else about the phone is great, so I will persevere :). A few software updates should hopefully smooth things out. Thanks for the help/suggestions.

sandsofmyst

Oct 17, 2009
Hmmm, the camera takes about 1 to 2 seconds to take a photo, and sometimes doesn't take a photo at all and because of the lag I often miss the photo opportunity because I am waiting to see if it worked (daytime photos). The rest is manageable, but still laggier then my old S9+, I at least thought it would match that performance (I don't game, so only day to day use performance is important for me). Seems like my phone is unusually slow, maybe something went wrong when transferring over from s9+ and I should start fresh with a factory reset! Everything else about the phone is great, so I will persevere :). A few software updates should hopefully smooth things out. Thanks for the help/suggestions.

If its only the camera from press to saved then the April update should mostly if not fully solve that. You have the April update yet or not?

For me it seems to be under a second after April update. Pre-April it was more like 3-5 seconds.

Not really something I would have cared that much about either way lol. Just have to get used to it.

penguinjoe

Mar 16, 2012
Toronto
Given the A53 is a "budget" device with low end hardware, the best you can really do is run a "clean" OS with as little bloat as possible. There isn't much that will make your device faster besides reducing what is running at any given time.
A53 is not a "Budget" device. It is mid level. Samsung's budget devices are the A1#, A2# and A3# phones.

Reactions: Roki_100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I read somewhere that the issue is with Ram Plus (Virtual Ram) there is a way to disable it through adb.

To note that Samsung give the possibly to disable it on One Ui 5.0 on android 13 coming soon.

See link below: https://www.androidpolice.com/samsung-ram-plus-phone-how-to-disable/

Hope this help

Also Facebook is a big resource hog. Even on an iPhone 13 it can stutter occasionally or even freezes specially in marketplace and makes the phone run hot. If you don't mind using the mobile version I would highly recommend using that instead the app.
    I've had this phone almost a week now.. I have SwiftKey as my kb...

Can't say I've noticed any type of lag on this device... 120hz, dark mode background services running, wifi calling on you name it.

What are y'all even all the reviewers doing to experience lag??

Kind of would like to know lol