Galaxy A6 plus 2018(A605F) Root?

Search This thread

nebkas

Aug 18, 2008
Bucharest

Perfect, thank you a lot.

I format the data partition and it worked, but after reeboot it doesnt work anymore as you said.

now its to fix

sd mount
mtp mode etc

please create a thread that we can go deeper into it. I will buy you a coffee, when I get my salary :good:

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 ----------

Noticed that scrolling and navigating is a tiny bit laggy now.

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Perfect, thank you a lot.

I format the data partition and it worked, but after reeboot it doesnt work anymore as you said.

now its to fix

sd mount
mtp mode etc

please create a thread that we can go deeper into it. I will buy you a coffee, when I get my salary :good:

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 ----------

Noticed that scrolling and navigating is a tiny bit laggy now.
MTP is working according to the recovery log. MTP can sometimes be a bit finicky in recovery depending on device and PC.
If you're getting the USB device not recognised error try disabling then re-enabling MTP quickly in recovery or reboot the device into recovery with MTP enabled and cable attached.

Now that I know that recovery boots I'll put up a thread, so we can get any other issues ironed out.
I'll also put up a couple of patches to fix dm-verity and encryption.

However I would first try flashing Magisk immediately after formatting the device as Magisk has built in patches for dm-verity and encryption, but dont always work.

Scrolling and navigating is laggy in TWRP?

Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012

JasonS.

Sep 26, 2016
Finally, a working TWRP for A6+! Keep up the good work guys. Sorry that I can't help but just to support because I don't have any knowledge in these things...

S77.

Sep 3, 2018
help Please :crying:

I can not find a twrp recovery for a6 plus device can anyone help me Please ?
:crying:

----------------------------

sm-a6005f duos

pr1jker

Jan 15, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Poco F3
Finally, rooted my A6+ with Ashyx TWRP recovery, and I'm pleased to say it's all working as expected!
Last TWRP version is fine, just follow Ashyx's install instructions, and flash the required files.
I'm kind of a noob: so, if I did it, everyone can!

Thanks to ashyx and other guys here for your work and your patience.

seehan9

May 4, 2018
how to unroot

ashyx please help..
how to unroot without re-flash full firmware ??
because after flash twrp and A605_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip can't booting without magisk..
noverity is not the answer after flash stock boot or magisk uninstaller..
please help..

j.p.s 1950

Dec 26, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Core
Hi I have a A6 phus .......I am trying to root the device And are having problems even before I start the process ....Have followed instructions 1 have setup development instructions ...All is ready to do the bootloader ...press +&- plug cable in And it asks me to press - to carry on but as soon as I press- this comes up and all I can is hard reboot .....Any help please

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_185254.jpg
    IMG_20220813_185254.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11

nqnxev

Apr 21, 2021
Hi I have a A6 phus .......I am trying to root the device And are having problems even before I start the process ....Have followed instructions 1 have setup development instructions ...All is ready to do the bootloader ...press +&- plug cable in And it asks me to press - to carry on but as soon as I press- this comes up and all I can is hard reboot .....Any help please

You're in download mode so it's okay. Now just connect your phone to PC via usb cable, run Odin, and flash TWRP for your device.

j.p.s 1950

Dec 26, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Core
You're in download mode so it's okay. Now just connect your phone to PC via usb cable, run Odin, and flash TWRP for your device.
Thank you for replying .....Well I have just tried to flash The TWRP that was posted on this thread but Odin gave me fail...On the phone it said '''' Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed ''''''''''''
Can tell a bit about this phone ''Though the phone is dated 2019 it was bought new still boxed '''''When first booted up it came up as Android 9'''''As soon as it found internet it started to update itself Hour later its Android 10 with 2021 security patch '''Now all would like to do is root and add a custom rom .....

nqnxev

Apr 21, 2021
Thank you for replying .....Well I have just tried to flash The TWRP that was posted on this thread but Odin gave me fail...On the phone it said '''' Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed ''''''''''''
Can tell a bit about this phone ''Though the phone is dated 2019 it was bought new still boxed '''''When first booted up it came up as Android 9'''''As soon as it found internet it started to update itself Hour later its Android 10 with 2021 security patch '''Now all would like to do is root and add a custom rom .....

"RMM Status: Prenormal" - that's the problem. Your bootloader isn't still unleashed, so you need to again wait 168 hours with enabled network without reboots, or again play with "date&time" trick.

nqnxev

Apr 21, 2021
168 hours time to put the clocks forward .....Should it work then '''''This is a A

Galaxy A6+ (AT&T)

Unlocking Samsung bootloaders usually requires to do the date&time trick twice (first - to show and enable OEM button and second to unleash bootloader in practice). You can of course just wait at least full 7 days with enabled network and see if RMM Status changed.

Hovewer I've heard that some Samsung phones from USA don't have unlockable bootloaders, so if you have AT&T phone then possibly your phone might have such problem. Just check that yourself.

Top Liked Posts