Galaxy A70 will stop working starting Feb. of 2022

Search This thread

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
This is what confuses me. 3rd paragraph down. 🧐
According to the specs of the A70 and the settings. The A70 is 4g LTE with Volte enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-200240_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-200240_Chrome.jpg
    894.6 KB · Views: 161

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
AT&T has to configure each model's software to their network for it to function properly is how I understand it.
You are 100% correct it's also the same way with T-Mobile and Verizon. I just did a very extensive research on this subject and am making a video to help everybody understand but as for the Galaxy a70, unless one of those carriers provision the a70 to work on their Network with voice over LTE which is highly unlikely, by the end of 2022 the a70 will not work on att network. What a shame considering that the a70 is compatible but just not provisioned by the network. Now thats what i call power tripping.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
OK, I'm confused. This phone supports 4 LTE Volte... my bad.
It may continue to work, not sure.
Found this:
Ill try to clear it up.
The a70 is capable of HD Voice/Volte and 4g Lte networks. So the device could actually work but the key word is could. The provider has to enable Volte on their end. Even though its enabled on our end and has the hardware, the service provider has opted out of enabling it on their end. Because of this, the galaxy a70, all variants, will no longer work with att, sprint or Verizon by the end of 2022 starting with att in Feb of 2022.

Last edited:

Zainullahk1234

Oct 26, 2021
Lenovo Phab 2
Samsung Galaxy A30s
You are 100% correct it's also the same way with T-Mobile and Verizon. I just did a very extensive research on this subject and am making a video to help everybody understand but as for the Galaxy a70, unless one of those carriers provision the a70 to work on their Network with voice over LTE which is highly unlikely, by the end of 2022 the a70 will not work on any network. What a shame considering that the a70 is compatible but just not provisioned by the networks. Now thats what i call power tripping.
a70 on pe 12 have 4g no issue

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Ill try to clear it up.
The a70 is capable of HD Voice/Volte and 4g Lte networks. So the device could actually work but the key word is could. The provider has to enable Volte on their end. Even though its enabled on our end and has the hardware, the service provider has opted out of enabling it on their end. Because of this, the galaxy a70, all variants, will no longer work with att, tmobile, sprint or Verizon by the end of 2022 starting with att in Feb of 2022.
Wait and see. Give them the hammer if they fail you and find another provider that will.
If you're a conservative it's a win-win🤣

Reactions: MarvinMod

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
pixel exprience 12
if they kill of 3g it most likely wont effect pe 12
If your device is a Galaxy A70, even if you have a custom rom, you will be affected if you have att sprint or Verizon as your network. Maybe not now but soon starting in February. The easiest way to know, call your service provder and have them run your imei for compatibility.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Its doubtful that any network will adopt umts to migrate to Volte. They would have done that already. The providers seem dead set on weeding out unlocked devices is my guess.
That's not true. It's the model not that it's unlocked.
It's hard to believe no carrier supports it. Which brings me back to it probably will keep working.
Google it a bit more...

It supports 4G LTE and Volte. right? Is it missing the needed bands? Something I'm missing?

Reactions: MarvinMod

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
It's hard to believe no carrier supports it. Which brings me back to it probably will keep working.
Google it a bit more...

It supports 4G LTE and Volte. right? Is it missing the needed bands? Something I'm missing?
Lol na i was making a sarcastic remark about the unlocked. They seem to frown apon us custom developers. And as for what your missing, yes it supports 4g LTE and Volte but the issue is with the network providers. They have to provision, (which means sending code to your phone to enable it for you to connect to their network) the device and unfortunately the galaxy a70 all variants did not make the list. Even though you have volte turned on in settings and your device shows 4g, when you make a call, because the networks has not enabled it for your device, you see that its no longer 4g but rather 3g/H or H+
I obtained this information from att and samsung directly but this also includes the other carriers later this year.
One might buy themselves more time by switching to t mobile but thats slated to end in march i believe.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Lol na i was making a sarcastic remark about the unlocked. They seem to frown apon us custom developers. And as for what your missing, yes it supports 4g LTE and Volte but the issue is with the network providers. They have to provision, (which means sending code to your phone to enable it for you to connect to their network) the device and unfortunately the galaxy a70 all variants did not make the list. Even though you have volte turned on in settings and your device shows 4g, when you make a call, because the networks has not enabled it for your device, you see that its no longer 4g but rather 3g/H or H+
I obtained this information from att and samsung directly but this also includes the other carriers later this year.
One might buy themselves more time by switching to t mobile but thats slated to end in march i believe.
That's hard to believe. Wonder what the FCC has to say about that?
Lol, or are they getting their palms greased too.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Update:
After much discussion with att and T-Mobile, the galaxy a70 will work but a new sim card is needed. A 4g/4glte only sim card is needed from your carrier. Currently most have a 3g/4g sim and the sim prioritizes 3g for voice calls. The new sim will resolve this issue and a new device is not needed. Ill be getting a new sim today and will confirm.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Update:
After much discussion with att and T-Mobile, the galaxy a70 will work but a new sim card is needed. A 4g/4glte only sim card is needed from your carrier. Currently most have a 3g/4g sim and the sim prioritizes 3g for voice calls. The new sim will resolve this issue and a new device is not needed. Ill be getting a new sim today and will confirm.
Went to att and got a new sim, unfortunately, it did NOT work. The system shows the A70 as a 3g only device. 🤷‍♂️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AT&T has to configure each model's software to their network for it to function properly is how I understand it.
    You are 100% correct it's also the same way with T-Mobile and Verizon. I just did a very extensive research on this subject and am making a video to help everybody understand but as for the Galaxy a70, unless one of those carriers provision the a70 to work on their Network with voice over LTE which is highly unlikely, by the end of 2022 the a70 will not work on att network. What a shame considering that the a70 is compatible but just not provisioned by the network. Now thats what i call power tripping.
    Ill try to clear it up.
    The a70 is capable of HD Voice/Volte and 4g Lte networks. So the device could actually work but the key word is could. The provider has to enable Volte on their end. Even though its enabled on our end and has the hardware, the service provider has opted out of enabling it on their end. Because of this, the galaxy a70, all variants, will no longer work with att, tmobile, sprint or Verizon by the end of 2022 starting with att in Feb of 2022.
    Wait and see. Give them the hammer if they fail you and find another provider that will.
    If you're a conservative it's a win-win🤣
    Its doubtful that any network will adopt umts to migrate to Volte. They would have done that already. The providers seem dead set on weeding out unlocked devices is my guess.
    Google it a bit more...

Google it a bit more...
    where i live 2g is getting removed at the end of this year
    where i live 2g is getting removed at the end of this year
    Yeah 2G is dead as Zed...