• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Galaxy A72] Small fix for GCam : Ultra-wide cam not shooting (libgcastartup.so)

Search This thread

txx1219

Jan 29, 2011
Hi everyone,

I found out a bug for Samsung Galaxy A72 with the ultra-wide camera. So, when the scene was bright light and the ISO was low (< 60 more or less), I was not able to take a picture with HDR+. This was the error:

Code:
E/libgcam: [validate.cc:63]: ErrorIfLess: Invalid condition: actual_analog_gain (0.982143) < 1.000000
E/libgcam: [ae_runner_impl.cc:454]: RunAe: FrameMetadata check for AE failed.
E/libgcam: [shot.cc:2301]: FatalError: BuildPayloadBurstSpec failed because ae_results was invalid.
E/CAM_HdrPlusShot: HDR+ pipeline reported error for shotId 0: BuildPayloadBurstSpec failed because ae_results was invalid.
W/MvAppController: Can't cancel session camera_session://google.com/ae1b96d8-5f02-4297-a155-8a5c6f376381 as no Camera session was found for it
W/CAM_UsageStats: onCaptureCanceled-API2_HDR_PLUS 11037614063425
W/CAM_ShotFailureHdlr: Shot Exception!
    csw: csw
        at ije.a(Unknown Source:254)
        at iir.b(Unknown Source:355)
        at hqp.b(Unknown Source:49)
        at hrv.g(Unknown Source:232)
        at gil.run(Unknown Source:34)
        at bom.run(Unknown Source:225)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:246)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8506)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:602)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1130)

So I guess the actual_analog_gain is not properly rounded to 1 (as we can see the value to be 0.982143) and the libgcastartup.so makes a validation (in FrameMetadata check) to verify if the value is valid (throw an error when the value is under 1.000000). So I decided to modify libgcastartup.so in order to replace this 1.000000 value. The value is stored at this moment :
08 10 2E 1E 00 A8 11 91
I decided to replace 1.0 by 0.0, which makes it become :
E8 03 27 1E 00 A8 11 91

And it works. Now I able to shoot with my phone even when the scene is really bright and that actual_analog_gain is not returning properly the value. It's a very naive fix and I guess we could do things better. I don't know if this comparison is very important or not, but it's possible now to shoot.

I'm posting the .apk attached (it's based on GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1_samsung.apk). The only difference is libgcastartup.so and libgcastartuppatched.so have now this change.

I hope that Urnyx05, Arnova, BSG or/and others could take this in count in the future if it doesn't make the app unusable. If someone was experimenting a similar bug, please test the apk and see if it unblocks you too.

Attachments

• modified_gcam.apk.zip
    73.5 MB · Views: 347

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I found out a bug for Samsung Galaxy A72 with the ultra-wide camera. So, when the scene was bright light and the ISO was low (< 60 more or less), I was not able to take a picture with HDR+. This was the error:

Code:
    E/libgcam: [validate.cc:63]: ErrorIfLess: Invalid condition: actual_analog_gain (0.982143) < 1.000000
    E/libgcam: [ae_runner_impl.cc:454]: RunAe: FrameMetadata check for AE failed.
    E/libgcam: [shot.cc:2301]: FatalError: BuildPayloadBurstSpec failed because ae_results was invalid.
    E/CAM_HdrPlusShot: HDR+ pipeline reported error for shotId 0: BuildPayloadBurstSpec failed because ae_results was invalid.
    W/MvAppController: Can't cancel session camera_session://google.com/ae1b96d8-5f02-4297-a155-8a5c6f376381 as no Camera session was found for it
    W/CAM_UsageStats: onCaptureCanceled-API2_HDR_PLUS 11037614063425
    W/CAM_ShotFailureHdlr: Shot Exception!
        csw: csw
            at ije.a(Unknown Source:254)
            at iir.b(Unknown Source:355)
            at hqp.b(Unknown Source:49)
            at hrv.g(Unknown Source:232)
            at gil.run(Unknown Source:34)
            at bom.run(Unknown Source:225)
            at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:246)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8506)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:602)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1130)

So I guess the actual_analog_gain is not properly rounded to 1 (as we can see the value to be 0.982143) and the libgcastartup.so makes a validation (in FrameMetadata check) to verify if the value is valid (throw an error when the value is under 1.000000). So I decided to modify libgcastartup.so in order to replace this 1.000000 value. The value is stored at this moment :
    08 10 2E 1E 00 A8 11 91
    I decided to replace 1.0 by 0.0, which makes it become :
    E8 03 27 1E 00 A8 11 91

And it works. Now I able to shoot with my phone even when the scene is really bright and that actual_analog_gain is not returning properly the value. It's a very naive fix and I guess we could do things better. I don't know if this comparison is very important or not, but it's possible now to shoot.

I'm posting the .apk attached (it's based on GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1_Wichaya_V3.1.1_samsung.apk). The only difference is libgcastartup.so and libgcastartuppatched.so have now this change.

I hope that Urnyx05, Arnova, BSG or/and others could take this in count in the future if it doesn't make the app unusable. If someone was experimenting a similar bug, please test the apk and see if it unblocks you too.
    Does it work without xml modules? Are there any xmls for this port?
    The xml configs can be found on the telegram group Link