Galaxy Buds, Buds+ Set up

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Buds+ update firmware flash time again!
Just flashed the latest firmware update today.
It's solid and sounds great. May have increase overall clarity including midrange to low bass, still sampling it but not hearing any negatives to it (which hasn't always been the case with the Buds firmware flashes🤣). It was a seamless flash for me; didn't loss any setting... slam, bang, thank you ma'am.
Just do it!

Remember to couple the Buds then put them in their case, lid open. Make sure the indicator led shows each has coupled with the case connectors. Make sure the flash has completed before navigating away or disturbing the buds.
If you screw this up it's not recoverable without sending them in to Samsung... so be careful.
This flash took under a minute for me... sweet.

robnitro

Feb 21, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
Samsung Galaxy S21
It's solid and sounds great. May have increase overall clarity including midrange to low bass, still sampling it but not hearing any negatives to it (which hasn't always been the case with the Buds firmware flashes🤣). It was a seamless flash for me; didn't loss any setting... slam, bang, thank you ma'am.
Just do it!

Remember to couple the Buds then put them in their case, lid open. Make sure the indicator led shows each has coupled with the case connectors. Make sure the flash has completed before navigating away or disturbing the buds.
If you screw this up it's not recoverable without sending them in to Samsung... so be careful.
I updated without the case. I assume if the battery is low in any of the buds, the update won't be allowed. But to be safe I had 95% charge on the buds.
The case is just a charger, the pins don't transmit data. The update is through bluetooth to each bud.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I updated without the case. I assume if the battery is low in any of the buds, the update won't be allowed. But to be safe I had 95% charge on the buds.
The case is just a charger, the pins don't transmit data. The update is through bluetooth to each bud.

Yeah I did it like that once too with no issues... oops.
It's not a good idea though. If one of the Buds gets a bad flash there's no way to reflash it as far as I know. Putting them in the case minimizes the chances of a bad flash; it's more an issue of potential signal degradation. Lol, your head literally getting in the way.
I hope this is the last firmware flash needed🥶

This is the best firmware update so far, lol there's been a lot. I've put about 6 hours listening time on them; zero issues so far.
They sound great.

Edit: I seldom use Dolby for music listening as it degrades it noticeably. Since this update there's an improvement with it. May use it more for some music now... still sampling.

Last edited:
Reactions: robnitro

CF501

Nov 29, 2020
Does someone maybe know how to use the Galaxy wearable app without internet connection?
Thanks so much

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung pushed out yet another Buds+ firmware update. It ran very fast and smooth.

Using my favorite R&R bass guitar reference song, My Generation from Live at Leeds... I'm still evaluating it🧐
You may want to hold off on this one😷
Oddly Dolby sounds cleaner now🥴

Update: this one has been a bigger. Had to do a network reset to straighten it out. The Bud reset didn't get it. Was getting some muddiness in the mid bass range, washout, reduced volume level, WTF?
I would do a network reset out of the gate with this one.

Note: no need to update to this version (Software version : R175XXU0AUC3) if you haven't that I can hear. It was problematic for me. It seems to be working well now but can't sample the older version so...🤣

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung, clowns of the universe. Idiots.

The latest Wearables interface is horrible looking and the worst ever released.
WORSE it broke the sound for everything except phone calls. The inept rabid tard gerbils strike again...
First the Buds+ wouldn't connect; reboot, hard reboot, cleared, reset, blah, blah, blah, nothing worked until I tried connecting the old Buds. Which connected, after which the Buds+ would connect. WTF?
This happened twice, the second time after a network reset. No glitch. Yeah I'm seeing red.

Vids, PowerAmp, internet are all way too low, turning the volume up causes huge distortion.
Samsung and their forced updates, what could go wrong? Short of clearing the data in effected apps I tried fking everything.
Fortunately I can still use the Buds+ to call up Samsung Tech support (phone uneffected) to ream them out as many times as I want. Perfect.

Tomorrow I will attempt to delete Wearables and the Galaxy Buds apps. I will then reload the older version copies I have while blocking all Samsung's apps internet connection with Ksrma Firewall. I tried reloading just Wearables but it loaded the new version not sure why that happen, more play time...

Samsung suggests clearing the data of all effected apps. A roll back option Sammy on your junk be more like it... yeah I'm ticked.

I'm running Pie, not sure if it's prejudice to Pie or an equal opportunity destroyer of worlds.
Be warned, it's an ugly looking, horrible sounding ride.
&
Be very glad you don't work for Samsung tech support...🤣 If you do... it's a lick on you.

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
5+ hours of troubleshooting.
Firewall blocked (UID 10339) [18.203.4.139] to prevent auto update... for now. May need to reload at whatever it's time out value is.
Reloaded Buds and Wearables back to a older known good version but even that didn't get it.
Same sound issue.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Turned off Developer options.
Cleared data in all bluetooth apks shown by Package Disabler.
Cleared Bud apk/Buds+ apk data, Wearables data, system logs and cache apps.
Cleared system cache for the 4th time.

jeeeesze. Shotgun get it done... something finally got it. Restored. That was a pain.

Without installable backup app copies I would have been likely boned. Not for sure, if this happens to you clearing all bluetooth apps data and so on may fix the new version. Don't count on it though as it seemed to be the cause on it.

Update, so far the roll back is working as before. Survived a reboot. Yay.
This is the IP address of the update problem child per Karma Firewall's log: (UID 10339) [18.203.4.139]
It will remain firewall blocked🤣
Note: the Amazon apk is not running on this device. Pictured below is the known good version.
Software information
Software version : R175XXU0AUG2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-152125_Galaxy Buds+.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-152125_Galaxy Buds+.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: w41ru5

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Try these versions if the latest update crashed your Buds or screwed up the interface.
Disable the IP address I listed above or it will lockup until you force update🤣
Firewall's log: (UID 10339) [18.203.4.139]

Unistall both current versions first (or these won't install as they are older), then punch these in.
Repaired🤗

Attachments

• Wearable Manager Installer 1.1.15.13054.apk
    632.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Galaxy Wearable 2.2.33.20082161.apk
    6 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Reactions: w41ru5

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Update issues solved😖

Yes well... two requirements need to be met for Wearables to function properly. Google play Services must be enable and all permissions as well. After nosey Parker Wearables has loaded Google play Services can be disabled.
Apparently Samsung decided to make like a Hoover in resent updates... not appreciate Sammy the pimp🧐

If not enabled there's little or no warning and will work erratically or not at all.

Screenshot_20220216-112156_Package installer.jpg

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Last call for a new pair of Buds+.
They're still available on Amazon, everyone else is either selling refurbished ones or are questionable sources.
The Buds2 aren't an improvement; not sealed, no wings to keep in place and a much shorter run time. Audio Q may be slightly better... if they don't fall out🤣
Samsung is such a disappointment lately.

Meh, just ordered another pair... backup.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Got my Buds+ from Amazon. While the Buds themselves had a 80/89% charge, the case was showing 0%😳 Fortunately it is charging normally but another few days or weeks that may not have been the case.
Factory sealed box, A-OK. Has a earlier firmware version loaded so finally I get to sound test the two side by side. They connected instantly after I added them. It's cool the way it supports multiple pairs.

I now keep updates firewall blocked for both the Wearables app and the Buds+. The older Wearables app has a far better UI and no audio issues unlike the most current update.

Black Buds+ are still available, new. They are well built. My 1+yo pair is running strong, batteries are still in good shape with long run times. No complaints except Wearables... goofy Sammy.
My original 2.5+yo Buds still are working as well; they're good for calls but music suffers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install the Galaxy Wearable and Galaxy Buds software.
    Update software and Buds firmware, this is important because the old versions sound sucks.
    Turn on/go to Developer Options in Settings and on the Bluetooth Codec setting toggle on Samsung's "Scalable Codec".

The new software corrects a long standing (Note 9) settings misconfiguration in advance audio settings.
    You shouldn't hear (or even see the toggle for it) this happen anymore.
    Retoggle codec in Developers Options, reset the Wearable and/or Network settings (if needed) if the sound or performance goofs up.
    Clearing the System Cache can sometimes clear up gremlins too.

The current firmware and software version work very well and sound great.
    I use Poweramp for my player with it's equalizer enable and lower bass bands cranked up with Wearable set to Dynamic most times.
    Picked up a pair of the red Buds+ for $107 (intl version)
    Slightly heavier than the original but otherwise the appearance is almost identical as is the wings,earpieces and body of the Buds.
    The case charger is interchangeable with the original Buds as are the silicon pieces.
    It come with a new control panel and runs separately from the older Buds control panel. This software is not interchangeable.

First order of business is to update the software; if Wearables is already loaded it will auto-update once you couple the new Buds+ via bt and add the Buds+ control panel.
    Time to update the Buds+ firmware.
    Galaxy Store must be enable for this and for software updates.
    Do firmware updates with the case open, it took me about 2 minutes; these flashed much faster than the origin Buds.
    Sit it on a table and have the phone nearby. Take a break... you want a clean flash.
    Never interrupt a firmware update in progress, it can toast a Bud(s).
    The menu in Wearables will grey out during the firmware flash to the Buds and go back to normal when update is complete*.

Still playing with these, so far, so good. Don't have the sound dailed yet.
    Make sure the sound equalizer in Advance Sound Settings in turn off; the Bud's software toggled it on. That was a surprise.
    I use the Poweramp equalizer. Not sure why it did that otherwise no glitches.
    The equalizer settings on the new control differ from the old.

The sound profile is different for the new Buds as well.
    Cleaner sound but less deep bass than I like... still playing with them. Volume level setting/db is very similar to the original.
    Battery life is excellent and the app is running clean with no excessive battery consumption.
    Range is also excellent.
    Not in a signal congested area so can't comment on that.
    Controls aren't sorted out; may have some conflicts there because of my Poweramp settings. Or maybe it's just stupid fingers... fun times:)
    Had to do a network reset because of bt audio gremlins after I rebooted after the firmware update. Cleared data in Wearables, cleared system cache as well. It worked.
    The Buds+ are quit the ride.

Sounding great again for music albeit some heavy equalizer shaping via Poweramp.
    Wearables WQ set to normal with Dolby disabled.
    This is one of my many Poweramp EQ profiles.
    It works well on many but not all songs in my music library.
    Notice the roll off between bands is smooth and incremental. This generally sounds best. This profile is purposely heavily bass biased with a negative attenuation after 1khz to kill excessive brightness of the Buds+. Long listening sessions don't fatigue my hearing at reasonable listening levels. I may bump down the 31 and 62 bands a bit... depending how I like it better. Vocals are clear and instruments are sounding good. I listen mostly to R&R...
    Screenshot_20210209-141607_Poweramp.jpg

Adjust according your hearing and taste; what sounds great to me might sound like dog meat to y'all🤣

Screenshot_20210209-153841_Poweramp.jpg

Another profile that I now use a lot.

*Note that the clipping limiter -is- enabled!
    Just do it!

Just do it!